*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Sweet!! We’ll be there at the same time and also attending VAH!! Funny enough I was also planning on Tia Dalma since my partner is gonna be Tamatoa and we thought the crab thing would be funny. XD I may reprise my Lady Facilier from last year though, I have no energy to work on cosplay lately.
Maybe we will see each other there, or plan a meet up for a few drinks. Have fun and congrats on the upgrade! That is awesome!

I also called Disney tonight to inquire regarding the promotions. All the discounted rates for my time period at POP were gone, but then the CM checked to see if there were any discounts now available for AP holders and YAY there was. I will be saving $250.00. That will pay for my after hours events!

Maybe we will see each other there, or plan a meet up for a few drinks. Have fun and congrats on the upgrade! That is awesome!

I also called Disney tonight to inquire regarding the promotions. All the discounted rates for my time period at POP were gone, but then the CM checked to see if there were any discounts now available for AP holders and YAY there was. I will be saving $250.00. That will pay for my after hours events!

Congrats on the discount!! The group seems to be doing well!

I called about POP and got the same answer. No AP here though so we're just keeping what we had. I did get the discount for June though!

So excited to join ya'll in May. Just locked down our rooms at All Star Movies for the 11-15. This will be the first time we've stayed on site with all 4 of our kids. DH and I ran Wine and Dine and stayed at Art of Animation in November. Was hoping for POP this time but needed two rooms and it was $300 more than movies. This will also be the first time we've gone with our kids all being tall enough to ride every ride so it should make for a very fun trip!!

So excited to join ya'll in May. Just locked down our rooms at All Star Movies for the 11-15. This will be the first time we've stayed on site with all 4 of our kids. DH and I ran Wine and Dine and stayed at Art of Animation in November. Was hoping for POP this time but needed two rooms and it was $300 more than movies. This will also be the first time we've gone with our kids all being tall enough to ride every ride so it should make for a very fun trip!!

Yay! Welcome aboard the May train! I’ve heard good things about Movies since they refurbed the rooms. Sounds like you’re in for a fun trip with the kiddos. Be sure to check out that secret menu at the food court, I heard they bring it out in a spy briefcase and the actual menu is in a viewmaster.

Jumping in since I booked stuff yesterday! DH, our youngest (she'll be 8 months), and I are doing a split stay with 2 nights at Pop and 1 night at AKL from the 22nd-25th as a late anniversary (15 years!) trip. We are still trying to decide if we want a 1 day or a 2 day hopper to do whatever we want (this is our first trip without our 3 older kids, so we are looking forward to a more relaxed pace and doing what WE want to do instead of keeping the boys occupied.) Epcot and AK are on the for-sure list of parks. Fingers crossed baby has outgrown her lactose sensitivity by then so I can eat whatever I want at the F&G popups; last spring break I got the scallops from the Canada pavilion and they were sooooo good!

Hello!!
Booked my next trip a few weeks ago, 5/17-5/22 at the Poly :flower:
I have a lot of catching up to do on this thread!

Looks like we'll just miss each other at the Poly, we check out the week before you arrive. I hope you have fun!

Hi, we just came back from a Christmas week trip and now planning on booking POR for May 24-30th for a Mother-Daughter trip!

The best way to kick the Disney blues is booking another trip, I swear.

We will be there from May 3-6th. We will be hotel hopping, Old Key West, All Star Movies and Saratoga Springs. It will be me, my daughter, my sister and my niece. We are doing a moonlight Magic event at Epcot and an after hours event at Magic Kingdom.

Any update on the Ratatouille Ride for May? Everything I have seen keeps saying summer. However, at least one source had it for April.

We are going early May, so fingers are crossed, but not holding our breath.

Any update on the Ratatouille Ride for May? Everything I have seen keeps saying summer. However, at least one source had it for April.

We are going early May, so fingers are crossed, but not holding our breath.

No official update. If I had a to guess, I'd say it won't be open by May. Summer sounds right, and that can mean a wide time frame (as we see from Space 220 opening "this winter")

My parents took my wife, myself and my 6 year old son to disney for my son's first time in October; stayed at allstar movies and went to MK and AK and did the Halloween party (that was chaos).

We had so much fun we planned our own trip for May 9-16 once through each park, and 2nd trips to MK and HS. So excited hearing more and more about this time of the year being lowish crowds but sad about thunder mountain closure it's my son's favorite. We are staying at Pop which my wife and I stayed at almost 12 years ago and can't wait to utilize the skyline. We are doing the dining plan for the first time ever; the middle plan.

Any info from veterans would great. We are so excited and not sure how well we will survive the wait Haha.

My parents took my wife, myself and my 6 year old son to disney for my son's first time in October; stayed at allstar movies and went to MK and AK and did the Halloween party (that was chaos).

We had so much fun we planned our own trip for May 9-16 once through each park, and 2nd trips to MK and HS. So excited hearing more and more about this time of the year being lowish crowds but sad about thunder mountain closure it's my son's favorite. We are staying at Pop which my wife and I stayed at almost 12 years ago and can't wait to utilize the skyline. We are doing the dining plan for the first time ever; the middle plan.

Any info from veterans would great. We are so excited and not sure how well we will survive the wait Haha.
We love the new POP rooms! They'll be great for your party of 3, especially with a son that age. We haven't stayed there since the Skyliner open but we loved it even before that.

The dining plan is so convenient, it's great not to have to worry about cost of food while you're there. If you haven't already, be sure to research what restaurants you want to eat at and make sure you make reservations for the table service meals. Looking up restaurants and menus is one of my favorite ways to pass the time before a trip, so maybe you could make a night of it and get the whole family together and get excited about the yummy food you'll eat!

The piece of advice I give folks about the dining plan is to use your snack credits wisely- the out of pocket price for snacks that are credit-eligible varies widely. If you think you'll buy more snacks than you have credits for, be sure to use credits on the more expensive items and pay OOP for the cheaper ones. It's been a couple years since I've done the DDP, but I think my threshold was anything under $5 was an OOP snack.

The Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot is a great place to use your snack credits, so when those menus come out you could look at those, as well!

We love the new POP rooms! They'll be great for your party of 3, especially with a son that age. We haven't stayed there since the Skyliner open but we loved it even before that.

The dining plan is so convenient, it's great not to have to worry about cost of food while you're there. If you haven't already, be sure to research what restaurants you want to eat at and make sure you make reservations for the table service meals. Looking up restaurants and menus is one of my favorite ways to pass the time before a trip, so maybe you could make a night of it and get the whole family together and get excited about the yummy food you'll eat!

The piece of advice I give folks about the dining plan is to use your snack credits wisely- the out of pocket price for snacks that are credit-eligible varies widely. If you think you'll buy more snacks than you have credits for, be sure to use credits on the more expensive items and pay OOP for the cheaper ones. It's been a couple years since I've done the DDP, but I think my threshold was anything under $5 was an OOP snack.

The Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot is a great place to use your snack credits, so when those menus come out you could look at those, as well!
We couldn't wait we literally did our restaurant reservations the day after setting up the trip.....too much excitement.

Mothers day we have dinner at "be our quest", "harvest feast at garden grill", via Napoli, yak and yeti and restaurantsauras. Oh and then first travel day is chef mickey.

We couldn't wait we literally did our restaurant reservations the day after setting up the trip.....too much excitement.

Mothers day we have dinner at "be our quest", "harvest feast at garden grill", via Napoli, yak and yeti and restaurantsauras. Oh and then first travel day is chef mickey.
Great choices, those are some of my favorites!! I have dreams about the cream cheese wantons at Yak & Yeti.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter