• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We're going back. Oh wait, you want to come? Uh huh.

YOu crack me up! YOu have a story for everything! :rotfl: Very entertaining. They are taping the Christmas parade on Saturday and I guess the rain date is on Sunday. If it's only a 6 we might try so we can chalk it up to experience. We weren't going to do park hoppers but it turns out we might actually upgrade to annual passes or no exp park hopper when we get there. We'll try to firm things up when it gets closer and maybe we can meet up. Who knows....maybe I will be a convenient excuse for time away from the extended family.:lmao:

Haha! I do have a lot of stories. I hope I don't bore people with them:rolleyes1 I had no idea about the parade. Part of me thinks it would be cool to go. I'm sure there will be lots of good acts. I remember the parade from 2008 when the performers from Mary Poppins sang. It was AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMiz6VOy1XQ

Maybe I'll have to check it out. And yes, I'll be happy to use you as an excuse to get away:thumbsup2

12/2/10:
-Wake up and head to Epcot for opening.

Maybe we'll run into you on this day. This is our last park day (and we are leaving to come home on Friday). I plan to start off at DHS to hit anything we missed earlier in the week but sped the majority of the day at EPCOT - it's my oldest DS's favorite park.

Ooh...you mentioned standing up to hear the Candlelight Processional from the back. Are you still able to hear well from back there? Are you able to see it at all? I would really love to see it too but I know there is absolutely no way my son will sit through the whole thing but myself, my DH, and DD really would like to hear it.

Do you know what to expect as far as crowds? I have never been this time of year. Do you have any idea how long the wait times for rides are?

Sorry for all the questions.

oh I love akershus!!(sp?) and 1900 Park Fare..ate there for bfast and dinner. and yes the stepsistesr were HILARIOUS!

Maybe we'll run into you on this day. This is our last park day (and we are leaving to come home on Friday). I plan to start off at DHS to hit anything we missed earlier in the week but sped the majority of the day at EPCOT - it's my oldest DS's favorite park.

We will be there! We usually start our trip off at MK but I want to save that for when BIL and SIL get there. I'll keep an eye out for you;)

Ooh...you mentioned standing up to hear the Candlelight Processional from the back. Are you still able to hear well from back there? Are you able to see it at all? I would really love to see it too but I know there is absolutely no way my son will sit through the whole thing but myself, my DH, and DD really would like to hear it.

Do you know what to expect as far as crowds? I have never been this time of year. Do you have any idea how long the wait times for rides are?

Sorry for all the questions.

You can hear the processional from all around the park. We've stopped while walking just to listen for a bit. So yes, you can hear it. You may not be able to see it very well but you will be able to hear it. It's beautiful!

Touringplans has all of our days at either 1's or 3's:cool1: except for parade day which jumps up to a 6 which really isn't that bad. I'd say the wait times will be really low but we'll still use fastpasses for the big stuff.

oh I love akershus!!(sp?) and 1900 Park Fare..ate there for bfast and dinner. and yes the stepsistesr were HILARIOUS!

Me too! I can't wait to go back!

Ok, has anyone else watched that Mary Poppins video I posted yesterday because that song has now been stuck in my head for 24 hours:scared1:

super....calif...ragil......

Help!!!

Ok, has anyone else watched that Mary Poppins video I posted yesterday because that song has now been stuck in my head for 24 hours:scared1:

Help!!!

Me too!!!!! We actually even watched the movie the other day too, so it's REALLY been stuck in my head! :lmao:

Help!!!

Ummm....it wasn't stuck in my head until I read this now..."even though the sound of it is something quite precocious" is stuck in my head. Thanks~!

You can hear the processional from all around the park. We've stopped while walking just to listen for a bit. So yes, you can hear it. You may not be able to see it very well but you will be able to hear it. It's beautiful!

I'm so glad to hear that! :goodvibes I really want to see it but have my doubts if the kids will be up for all that sitting.

We're going to be trying 1900 PF for the first time - can't wait to meet the step-sisters. I'm hoping they'll embaress DS. :lmao:

Do you remember what time the Osbourne Lights begin? We also want to see Fantasmic that day but I'm starting to think you can't do both in one night? :confused3

Your plans look fun! :santa:

Me too!!!!! We actually even watched the movie the other day too, so it's REALLY been stuck in my head! :lmao:

I love that movie. I went to watch it with the kids the other night and it's not in the case:scared1: I have no idea where it is:(

Ummm....it wasn't stuck in my head until I read this now..."even though the sound of it is something quite precocious" is stuck in my head. Thanks~!

Hahahaha! It was the part with them spelling it out. I thought that was amazing and it's been stuck in my head even though I'm spelling it totally wrong when I sing it:rotfl:

I'm so glad to hear that! :goodvibes I really want to see it but have my doubts if the kids will be up for all that sitting.

We're going to be trying 1900 PF for the first time - can't wait to meet the step-sisters. I'm hoping they'll embaress DS. :lmao:

Do you remember what time the Osbourne Lights begin? We also want to see Fantasmic that day but I'm starting to think you can't do both in one night? :confused3

Your plans look fun! :santa:

Just pass by and check it out. Even if you just hear a little, it will be worth it!

1900 is a blast. I'm sure they will do something to DS. Have your camera ready!

The Osborne lights come on every night at dusk which I think is around 7:00pm. They'll stay on until the park closes so you can do Fantasmic. Just pass by the streets of america on your way out!

Love the video! Mary is FINALLY coming to Boston next Spring. That will be Aisling's Christmas present from Randy and I (we always get her show tickets from "us")

Can't wait to see your review of Boma for breakfast. We've always wanted to try it for breakfast but can't pull ourselves away from dinner there!

Hi everyone. Let me pick up where I left off...

12/5

-head to DHS for opening. We'll probably be meeting up with the family again this morning because we want to ride the thrill rides together. We'll stay there long enough to do TSM, RNRC, TOT (not me, never done it, never will:), Playhouse Disney, and Great Movie Ride. Then we'll head over to Epcot to walk around the World Showcase. We love doing this and the kids like it too. On our last trip, we spent something like 12 hours there on Brendan's birthday (Futureworld too) and we had a great time. We will then hop on the monorail and head over to MK for a 6:00 ADR at...

P9182867.jpg

This will be another new dining eperience for us as we have never even set foot in the place! Any recommendations? I am excited about this ADR because this is also the night that we're planning on going to ...

DSC00754.jpg

I am so excited about this. Jason and I went to this party once before we had kids. I somehow managed to sprain my ankle and ended up in a wheelchair:eek: It was quite comical. Needless to say, I did not get the most out of the night that I probably could have. We did the MNSSHP on Aubrey's bday trip so I'm looking forward to checking this one off of our list too:thumbsup2

12/6:
-Last Day

Not really sure what's going to happen this day. I call this my Lagniappe day. Meaning, we'll do whatever we feel like doing:cutie: Aubrey and I have a special 2:10pm ADR for...

P8220017.jpg

The Gardenview Tearoom at The Grand Floridian. For those of you who read my March TR, you remember this special meal that Aubrey and I shared. Well, I said I was going to make it a tradition and I meant it! I am looking so forward to this and so is she!

While we are doing the tea, Jason will probably take Brendan and meet up with his family. I am looking forward to this down time with my baby girl:santa:

After the tea, we'll meet back up with Jason wherever he is and then head over to The Polynesian for our 6:30 ADR at...

P7170103.jpg

Yet another first for us! We have done the character breakfast here multiple times but this will be a first for dinner. Oh the wonderful reviews I've heard of this place. It will be a perfect ending to our trip. After dinner, we'll monorail over to Epcot to see...

illuminations.jpg

Illuminations! We cannot go to Disney and not see this show. It is a must for us and this will really bring things to a close for us:cloud9:

Our flight the next day is at 11:15 so that means we'll get home at a decent hour.

So, thoughts? I think it looks pretty good. Now, I just need it to get here!!!!!

Love the video! Mary is FINALLY coming to Boston next Spring. That will be Aisling's Christmas present from Randy and I (we always get her show tickets from "us")

Can't wait to see your review of Boma for breakfast. We've always wanted to try it for breakfast but can't pull ourselves away from dinner there!

Oh, I wish it would come here! Nothing comes to Baton Rouge:headache: Maybe NOLA.

I am excited about Boma. I was torn between doing the dinner again too. It's so good. Zebra domesssssssssssssssssssss!

All of your plans sound so GREAT! I love being a teacher, but sometimes it stinks that we have to miss out on things like MNSSHP and MVMCP. They both seem like SO MUCH fun!!!!

OMG! I'm watching House Hunters International right now and they're in Australia and they just said the house they're looking at has a Rumpus Room and now I'm :lmao: because it makes me think of the Carousel of Progress! :lmao:

We ate at Tony's when we went to the Pirate's and Princess party. Grace was only like eight months old on this trip. She was sitting on my lap when the waitress placed my steaming hot plate of spaghetti and meatballs in front of me. Grace grabbed a handful and screamed her head off. She burned her little hand and I had to soak it in ice. I gave her some tylenol. It was such a stressful dinner and I didn't eat any food. I want to try it again one day. I hope you have a better time than me when you go.

Your plans look great! I'm so glad you worked out some separation from the family.

We loved the characters at 1900 Park Fare! We did WCC for the first and only time in 2009 and had a blast. We had a great waiter and that makes all the difference. Love the food at 'Ohana's. The kids had a great time with all the entertainment except for on this last visit. I think they had overbooked and were just trying to turn tables. We've eaten at Tony's twice and enjoyed it both times. I had the steak last time and it was great.

All of your plans sound so GREAT! I love being a teacher, but sometimes it stinks that we have to miss out on things like MNSSHP and MVMCP. They both seem like SO MUCH fun!!!!

OMG! I'm watching House Hunters International right now and they're in Australia and they just said the house they're looking at has a Rumpus Room and now I'm :lmao: because it makes me think of the Carousel of Progress! :lmao:

The parties are great. Maybe you could sneak away one year for a long weekend ;)

That is so funny about House Hunters. I love that show!

We ate at Tony's when we went to the Pirate's and Princess party. Grace was only like eight months old on this trip. She was sitting on my lap when the waitress placed my steaming hot plate of spaghetti and meatballs in front of me. Grace grabbed a handful and screamed her head off. She burned her little hand and I had to soak it in ice. I gave her some tylenol. It was such a stressful dinner and I didn't eat any food. I want to try it again one day. I hope you have a better time than me when you go.

I remember you writng about that in your TR. Sounds like just a wonderful meal! I hope you get to go back one day and have a do-over!

Your plans look great! I'm so glad you worked out some separation from the family.

We loved the characters at 1900 Park Fare! We did WCC for the first and only time in 2009 and had a blast. We had a great waiter and that makes all the difference. Love the food at 'Ohana's. The kids had a great time with all the entertainment except for on this last visit. I think they had overbooked and were just trying to turn tables. We've eaten at Tony's twice and enjoyed it both times. I had the steak last time and it was great.

Very happy to hear all of your good reviews! Someone else told me that Tony's has a good steak. And I LOVE steak! I just may have to try it! I hope they don't rush us out of Ohana. I've heard someone else say that happened to them. I hoping that since it's a slow time of year, maybe it won't be a problem. I've wanted to eat here for so long. I hope they don't ruin it for us:headache:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390218838388#ht_599wt_911

This is a link to a really cute cinderella cariage pearl cage pendant. I bought three. One for me, Courntey and Grace. I am going to surprise them with it on our next trip. We are each going to pick a pearl to put in it. I thought you might like to get Aubrey one. I saw the idea on a trip report. It is really cute.

Laura, you're spoiling my PTR! ;) I already ordered and recieved two of those. Ok, you know I'm kidding. Thanks for posting the link. I can't get over the quality of the cages for the price!!! I'm sure other people will want to get them too! I'll be posting pics of mine eventually :)

Think the plans look fantastic :thumbsup2 I really need to look into that tea for Ash and I on our next trip. She would eat it up!

Thank you for posting this. I HAVE to remember to order one before our next trip!

They are really nice. And for like $3! You have to get Ash one! She would love it. And the whole process of picking the pearl is so much fun.

Ohhh...thanks for reminding me about the tea. Definitely want to do it with my DD this trip. How do you make ressies? You can't make them on line; right? When I talked to my DD she was all excited and really wants to try tea.

Since I have my pearl carriages left from our May trip....I don't have to buy any for December. Can't wait to do that.

Your trip sounds like it is going to be another magical one. Can't wait to read another trip report from you. Sounds like you have just the right combination between family and "alone" time. Good for you! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter