• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We're going back. Oh wait, you want to come? Uh huh.

Oh man...I'm so bummed! I called the WDW-DINE number to making dining ressies for the tea. I forgot when you were going and got 12/6 at 2:20. Turns out that was just 10 mins from your time so we would have run into each other. BUT....they were having phone issues and I got disconnected before I got my confirmation number. I called right back and the earliest they could do was 3:20 so it looks like we won't be running into each other. :confused3 I can't believe the ressies got scoffed up that quick. Crazy!!!!

Ohhh...thanks for reminding me about the tea. Definitely want to do it with my DD this trip. How do you make ressies? You can't make them on line; right? When I talked to my DD she was all excited and really wants to try tea.

Since I have my pearl carriages left from our May trip....I don't have to buy any for December. Can't wait to do that.

Your trip sounds like it is going to be another magical one. Can't wait to read another trip report from you. Sounds like you have just the right combination between family and "alone" time. Good for you! :banana:

Oh man...I'm so bummed! I called the WDW-DINE number to making dining ressies for the tea. I forgot when you were going and got 12/6 at 2:20. Turns out that was just 10 mins from your time so we would have run into each other. BUT....they were having phone issues and I got disconnected before I got my confirmation number. I called right back and the earliest they could do was 3:20 so it looks like we won't be running into each other. :confused3 I can't believe the ressies got scoffed up that quick. Crazy!!!!

I am so glad you got in! When Aubrey and I did it in March, it took a long time. I really think we were there close to 2 hours:scared1: We loved every minute of it, though. So that means we'll probably run into each other!!! We'll have to touch base that day and tell each other what we'll be wearing. Fun DIS meet!!!:banana:

I am so glad you got in! When Aubrey and I did it in March, it took a long time. I really think we were there close to 2 hours:scared1: We loved every minute of it, though. So that means we'll probably run into each other!!! We'll have to touch base that day and tell each other what we'll be wearing. Fun DIS meet!!!:banana:

2 hours??? Holy cow. So not what I was expecting. Good thing you told me so I can give my DH a heads up. I think he was really looking forward to spending some alone time with our DS so I'm sure he'll be fine with it. Plus, I think he would welcome a break from all the drama that surrounds my DD7 lately. I have to keep telling her, "You know you're not a real princess; right?" Geesh! I am looking forward to it though. The dining line said this ressie has become very popular so I am thankful we were able to get in. We will definitely touch base as the date gets closer. I look forward to meeting you and Aubrey.

Hi everyone. Man, Can I tell you that I am in full planning mode! You know that mode when everything you look at in the store, you wonder..."Hmmm, how can I use this on my next Disney trip?" LOL Seriously though! I am constantly searching for things to make our trips run easier, special suprises for the kids, new things to do when we're there. So, here are the lastest things I've done...

My nephew (one of the ones that is traveling with us in December) is having a birthday this week. For his birthday, I went with a Disney theme. He is in love with Mickey right now (and hopefully forever:)) so I decided to get him a stuffed Mickey. We don't have a Disney store in BR anymore so I had to go to Ebay. I thought it was a great deal until I got it in the mail. The description said 10" Mickey and it was around $12. Well, when I opened it up, it was a lot smaller than I had expected. It's about the size of a beanie baby. Oh well, he'll still like it I'm sure. I also ordered him a crayon wallet off of Etsy. Ok, if you have not gone to this site, you must. Just be prepared to spend lots of money! Here is the wallet I got him...

noahwallet.jpg

I plan on having his name embroidered on it in bright red. I also ordered one for Brendan that is all red fire trucks. Can't find a pic of it though:confused3 And here is the one that I got for Aubrey...

aubreywallet.jpg

I have also started with the tshirt making. I have a problem with this. But, I knew that I wanted to make my nephews shirts so why not give it to him for his bday! Here's the graphic...

MickeyPirateNoah.jpg

I put it on a long sleeved red tshirt. I made one for Noah, his brother Aiden, and Brendan. Should be cute for group pics!

Ok, when I was out and about today, I found these...

crayola-1.jpg

It is a really cool and compact dry erase set. I know that I probably don't need this since I ordered the crayon wallets, but these are just really neat. Anybody have any experience with them?

Where did you find the long sleeve t-shirts?

My DD used to have the dry erase boards. She LOVED them!!! Worked very well.

Where did you find the long sleeve t-shirts?

My DD used to have the dry erase boards. She LOVED them!!! Worked very well.

I get all of my tshirts from www.cheapestees.com They have tons to choose from, it's cheap and they are delivered in like 2 days. It's great.

I think I may get the dry erase boards. They're only $10. Why not, eh? Thanks for the review:)

I love your crayon wallets! I'm actually friends with that seller! I'll have to tell Terri she made it to the Dis lol!

Youre plans are sounding great! Im so jealous youll be there for Osborne lights!

I'm here!!! :cool1: So excited to plan our Dec. trips together!! Your plans look amazing so far. I really want to stay at the AKL one day! LOVE Ohana and we are totally looking forward to MVMCP.

We ate a Whispering Canyon last year and loved it! Your family will get a big kick out of it (we Louisiana people know how to take a joke and have fun with the CMs). I did not get dessert b/c we were too full, but I know you can order special cakes at most WDW restaurants for minimal cost (like $15). At least enough for your FIL to eat his own little cake. HTH.

I'm in, I love your TRs and your family is so cute!!

Would you ming telling me who did the white tees with the black Mickey heads and your kids names in your other TR? I love them!!

I love your crayon wallets! I'm actually friends with that seller! I'll have to tell Terri she made it to the Dis lol!

Youre plans are sounding great! Im so jealous youll be there for Osborne lights!

That is so funny! Yes, you'll have to tell her how big of a hit they were! Such a great idea!!!

I do love the Osborne lights. They are just amazing. I'll take lots of pictures for you:)

I'm here!!! :cool1: So excited to plan our Dec. trips together!! Your plans look amazing so far. I really want to stay at the AKL one day! LOVE Ohana and we are totally looking forward to MVMCP.

We ate a Whispering Canyon last year and loved it! Your family will get a big kick out of it (we Louisiana people know how to take a joke and have fun with the CMs). I did not get dessert b/c we were too full, but I know you can order special cakes at most WDW restaurants for minimal cost (like $15). At least enough for your FIL to eat his own little cake. HTH.

I am so excited about Ohana dinner. I've heard so many good things about it. And I think WC will be fun with the whole family. I think I may look into getting FIL a cake just to be nice even though I'm sure we won't need it!

I'm in, I love your TRs and your family is so cute!!

Would you ming telling me who did the white tees with the black Mickey heads and your kids names in your other TR? I love them!!

Thank you! I have to go back and check. I cannot remember who did the shirts but I'll find out:thumbsup2

Hi everyone. Man, I've been gone for a while, eh? It has been such a crazy summer. Actually, it's been a pretty crappy summer. My DH has been working crazy hours, sometimes not getting home until after 9:00pm. He's also been working a lot of weekends. I have just been pushed to my limit with my kids. I love them, but sometimes mama needs some down time, ya know! Then I feel guilty about feeling that way and I get all depressed. I have gained like 15lbs this summer. It's so upsetting. I am back on track now and trying to pull myself out of this funk but it's been really hard. So, needless to say, my trip has been kind of the last thing on my mind lately :( So, sorry to unload all of that on y'all but I feel better now:lovestruc

I do have a few planning updates for you. First, flights... I got an email last week from Soutwest saying they had a fall special going on. I had already booked my flights a few months ago but I thought I would call and see what I could do. The lady on the phone told me that I could go online and adjust my reservation to get the lower fares! So I did and I ended up saving $216:banana: I mean, that's pretty substantial! Now, since they were nonrefundable fares, I didn't get the cash back but I got a SW credit. And since we'll be going back in March, I knew it would get used.

Wait, what's that you say?? Going back in March??? Yes, I am. I have a problem. I am aware. But, a few days ago... I booked a Mardi Gras trip!!!! See, here's the deal. I live in South Louisiana and usually, our schools are closed the Monday before Mardi Gras, and MG day. But.... this year, the diocese of Baton Rouge announced that they would be closing school for the entire week of Mardi Gras (3/6 - 3/10) !!! So, literally, everyone I talk to is going to WDW for MG. I just couldn't let everyone go without me. I have 3 sisters going and a ton of friends. It'll be a quick trip for us, just 4 nights. But I'm still excited. Now, I just have to figure out how I'm going to fit another ticker in my siggy:rotfl2:

Woo hoo on a Mardi GRAS trip. A whole week out of school! We just get 2 days in Livingston. And yay for having part of those plane tickets paid for. Maybe that is just what you needed to get you outta that funk! I know how it can get with the kids when dh works alot. We are all allowed to want some alone time and to pray for school to start:goodvibes. I hope it gets easier for you:hug: And please check out my new ptr to meet my family!

So glad you are back! Don't feel guilty at all. I feel like that too sometimes and I work full time. It is quite normal to feel that way. I find summer the hardest time to lose weight. All the cookouts and nice cold drinks!!! I added a couple of things to my trip too. Discovery Cove for one and Richard Petty Ride along for my DH. This trip is just going to be so jam packed. When you go to WDW do you go from open to close? I think I feel guilty if I don't and we are just going to be sooo busy this time.

Woo hoo on a Mardi GRAS trip. A whole week out of school! We just get 2 days in Livingston. And yay for having part of those plane tickets paid for. Maybe that is just what you needed to get you outta that funk! I know how it can get with the kids when dh works alot. We are all allowed to want some alone time and to pray for school to start:goodvibes. I hope it gets easier for you:hug: And please check out my new ptr to meet my family!

Yeah, it's the first year that the Catholic schools have been closed the whole week. It's pretty cool! I have been super busy booking Mardi Gras trips for clients! The plane ticket thing was such a suprise! So now we have a ticket paid for with that credit plus I have enough frequent flyer points for another flight so our next trip we'll only have to pay for 2 flights:banana: School starts in 3 weeks and I cannot wait. Trying not to feel guilty about that. Thanks for the hug:cutie:

So glad you are back! Don't feel guilty at all. I feel like that too sometimes and I work full time. It is quite normal to feel that way. I find summer the hardest time to lose weight. All the cookouts and nice cold drinks!!! I added a couple of things to my trip too. Discovery Cove for one and Richard Petty Ride along for my DH. This trip is just going to be so jam packed. When you go to WDW do you go from open to close? I think I feel guilty if I don't and we are just going to be sooo busy this time.

I'm ready to wrap up this summer for so many reasons! Looking forward to fall:thumbsup2 I'm back on the wagon with my weight. I feel much better. It is amazing how depressed that can make me. I wish I could just be fat and happy! I am interested in the Richard Petty thing. You'll have to let me know how you got a discount. We usually do stay at the parks all day. But if we're there for a full week, we have down time in the middle of the day. But I definitely feel stressed if we are not in the park, like I'm not making the most of my time!

Yay!! Another trip!! That's fantastic, you can never have too many!!

Thank you and you are so correct!!!

Hi everyone! Feeling a little better today even though it was a long weekend. DH worked most of it, unexpectedly so I feel like I didn't get a break at all. I'm just trying to have a positive attitude and not lock my kids in the closet.

I kid.

So, I have exciting news on the planning front. Have any of you heard of Owner's Locker? I have heard it mentioned here and there on the DIS so I decided to go and check out their website. Well, I fell in love with the concept:love: I debated on doing it and the more I read about it, the more appealing it sounded. So, we bit the bullet and joined. So here's how it works, you fill your owner's locker (purple storage tub) with basically anything you want... toiletries, pictures, wine glasses... anything you want to make your stay feel more like home. The tub is then delivered to your resort on each visit and is there waiting for you when you check in! (The tub is delivered to you empty the first time so I'll have to ship all of the stuff first. But after that, it will all be there waiting for me for future trips) That means, I never have to pack another toiletry bag or send a care package ahead of time! And the people are just so nice. It's like being a part of a family and I'm really excited that we deicded to do it. Now, I just need ideas for what to put in my locker. I've already got a list going. Want to read it? It's long. But here it is...

- Advil
- Aftershave
- Aquafor
- Astringent
- Baby powder
- Bandaids
- Binoculars
- Bottled water
- Brush
- Cereal bars
- Cheese nips
- Chex mix
- Christmas lights to decorate room
- Coffee
- Coffee Filters
- Collapsible hamper
- Color Wallets
- Conditioner
- Contact Case
- Contact Solution
- Cottonballs
- Cough syrup – children
- Deodorant – mom and dad
- Dish detergent
- Disney blanket (purchase there)
- Disney coffee mugs (purchase there)
- Disposable coffee cups
- Excedrin Migrain
- First aid kit
- Glow toys
- Green bag for parks
- Hair stuff dad
- Hairdryer
- Hairspray
- Insulated water bottles
- Kid’s body wash
- Kid’s shampoo
- Kids Fan
- Laundry detergent
- Lint roller
- Lotion
- Microwave popcorn
- Motrin – children
- Nail kit
- Nail polish remover
- Nasal Spray
- Neosporin
- PB Crackers
- Ponchos
- Razors – mom and dad
- Rice crispy treats
- Sand buckets
- Shampoo
- Shave cream
- Single serve water flavors
- Stuffed animal for kids (purchase there)
- Sunscreen
- Sweetener
- Tampons
- Toiletry caddy
- Toothbrushes
- Toothpaste
- Toys
- Tums
- Vaseline
- Wine
- Wipes
- Ziplocs
- Zync Oxine
- Zyrtec

I am so excited about this. Really, it doesn't take much to excite me these days:rolleyes: So, what do y'all think about my latest investment!!

Oh, and it is customary for you to name your purple box. I have named ours the Purple People Greeter. Thought?

Hi everyone! Feeling a little better today even though it was a long weekend. DH worked most of it, unexpectedly so I feel like I didn't get a break at all. I'm just trying to have a positive attitude and not lock my kids in the closet.

I kid.

So, I have exciting news on the planning front. Have any of you heard of Owner's Locker? I have heard it mentioned here and there on the DIS so I decided to go and check out their website. Well, I fell in love with the concept:love: I debated on doing it and the more I read about it, the more appealing it sounded. So, we bit the bullet and joined. So here's how it works, you fill your owner's locker (purple storage tub) with basically anything you want... toiletries, pictures, wine glasses... anything you want to make your stay feel more like home. The tub is then delivered to your resort on each visit and is there waiting for you when you check in! (The tub is delivered to you empty the first time so I'll have to ship all of the stuff first. But after that, it will all be there waiting for me for future trips) That means, I never have to pack another toiletry bag or send a care package ahead of time! And the people are just so nice. It's like being a part of a family and I'm really excited that we deicded to do it. Now, I just need ideas for what to put in my locker. I've already got a list going. Want to read it? It's long. But here it is...

- Advil
- Aftershave
- Aquafor
- Astringent
- Baby powder
- Bandaids
- Binoculars
- Bottled water
- Brush
- Cereal bars
- Cheese nips
- Chex mix
- Christmas lights to decorate room
- Coffee
- Coffee Filters
- Collapsible hamper
- Color Wallets
- Conditioner
- Contact Case
- Contact Solution
- Cottonballs
- Cough syrup – children
- Deodorant – mom and dad
- Dish detergent
- Disney blanket (purchase there)
- Disney coffee mugs (purchase there)
- Disposable coffee cups
- Excedrin Migrain
- First aid kit
- Glow toys
- Green bag for parks
- Hair stuff dad
- Hairdryer
- Hairspray
- Insulated water bottles
- Kid’s body wash
- Kid’s shampoo
- Kids Fan
- Laundry detergent
- Lint roller
- Lotion
- Microwave popcorn
- Motrin – children
- Nail kit
- Nail polish remover
- Nasal Spray
- Neosporin
- PB Crackers
- Ponchos
- Razors – mom and dad
- Rice crispy treats
- Sand buckets
- Shampoo
- Shave cream
- Single serve water flavors
- Stuffed animal for kids (purchase there)
- Sunscreen
- Sweetener
- Tampons
- Toiletry caddy
- Toothbrushes
- Toothpaste
- Toys
- Tums
- Vaseline
- Wine
- Wipes
- Ziplocs
- Zync Oxine
- Zyrtec

I am so excited about this. Really, it doesn't take much to excite me these days:rolleyes: So, what do y'all think about my latest investment!!

Oh, and it is customary for you to name your purple box. I have named ours the Purple People Greeter. Thought?

Yeah...so glad you are feeling better. I've missed you around here. :goodvibes The Owner's locker is great. If I had DVC and knew I would be coming every year we would so do that. Especially that now we are flying with an airline that charges for checked bags! :headache: Looks like you got everything you may need. Maybe just paper platles/plastic utensils??? I was going to say alcohol but I see you included wine. ;)I'm not sure how much they put in the studios. What about plastic containers like the reusable glad ones. That may be good for fruit salad and things you don't want squished in ziploc bags. I'm not sure I would pack anything that might turn stale. It would depend on how often you would go down there.

Congrats on Owner's locker!:banana:

Congrats on booking Mardi Gras. I'm sure it will be full of LA people but it won't be as bad as it was for us this year. We had LA people and President's Week people.

I really think you're going to like the purple locker. How big are they? I know another DVC owner who had to upgrade to a second one.

The owner's locker sounds like a great investment for you. Your list is definitely a little OCD:rotfl2:. I think you have everything covered!!! I am sure your purple people greeter will be a welcomed site each vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter