Yet another stadium name sponsor changes - AT&T Park is now Oracle Park

Do not like this, it tears up the field at the end of baseball season. Not like the Giants will be in contention for anything this year, but still.

They've dealt with football before. The bowl games are in the off season, so that's plenty of time to re-sod the field. The XFL was there for one season, and I'm not sure how they dealt with the field since their last home game was a couple of weeks before the baseball season started. And Cal played there in 2011 right at the tail end of the baseball season, but it was only one game before the end of the baseball regular season.

The NFL is going to dip earlier, especially with preseason games. I've been on a field after football season started, and there are divots everywhere. The worst is where they put in temporary seating, which absolutely kills the grass.

Still - last year I went to a concert there during the middle of the baseball season. Not sure that all the folding chairs do anything, but all the weight from the stage must have done something to the grass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter