You cant make this stuff up!

OrlandoMike

<font color=red>all I can say is beer hurts when i
If it weren't so darn ridiculous.........

Oh heck, it's still hysterical!

http://news.aol.com/story/ar/_a/senator-pleads-guilty-in-restroom-flap/20070827191209990001

Yet another right wing anti gay marriage senator is caught trying to have gay sex in the bathroom. He goes in, does more foot tapping than a girl auditioning for the Rockettes, and his excuse?

Craig stated “that he has a wide stance when going to the bathroom and that his foot may have touched mine.” :lmao: :rotfl2: :happytv: :rotfl:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...07aug28,0,1421309.story?coll=orl_tab01_layout

Down here in Florida we have the same situation going on with a state representative. His excuse?

In the taped statement that was tossed out Monday, Allen said he was just playing along because he was intimidated by the undercover officer, who he described as a "stocky black guy," and that he thought he was going to be robbed.:thumbsup2

The best part is Rep. Allen is the author of failed Florida House Bill #1475, the "Lewd Or Lascivious Exhibition Act" which would have made public ************ in the presence of another adult illegal, whether the other adult consented or not.

We get it already! Two people of the same sex, wanting to get married and live together BAD!

Trolling a public restroom for gay sex ALL OK!

Aint life grand!

:sad2: :mad: :sad2: :mad: :sad2: :mad: :sad2: :mad:

It figures that those that shout the loudest against us secretly wish they were with us! Except for these two, it isn't so secret anymore... :sad2:

I wouldn't say "Gotta love those Republicans" but I WOULD say you gotta love those hypocrites. Hypo's come in all types I'm afraid.

UGH my blood is boiling! Make sure to watch the national news tonight to catch this guys "I am not gay! I have never been gay!"

Jesus, we get it already! Your at best a slimeball who cheats on his wife with men in public bathrooms!

Your right Senator, you are not gay! Your slime!

Hey Guys. Delurking for just a second here. I'm sorry to come in like this, and I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, but I guess I am a bit disappointed to see this in here. Obviously, this man has some strong homosexual identity issues. And, unless you are one of the very few of us that was able to come out immediately or very young, we all should remember the struggle, the trouble, and the pain of having to hide who we are, and we likely all did some things that were "overcompensating" perhaps? Can you imagine carrying that around under pressure for 50, 60 years? I had trouble for over 25, and I would have lost it by then.

I'm not trying to defend his actions or his support of anti-gay actions and statements. What I am saying is that, if we are taking joy and humor in his getting caught in this means, I think we are losing sight of something as a community. ANd, when it comes down to it, we are not only being harsh, we are not even accepting another member of our community. I guess I would just challenge everyone to try and see the person here, not the identity and the revenge we can attack him with. You can dislike the policy all you want and his statements, but think back to where you were when you were in the closet, and multiply it alot. If we want his ideas to go away, I really think we need to be as open, reserved, understanding, and strong as we can be. Otherwise, we aren't any better than those we attack.

I hear your point, but disagree.

If your an elected official, and if your in the closet, I don't expect you to come out to your wife, your pastor or your constituents.

BUT I DO expect you to take a stand on gay rights. To NOT vote against gay rights, and to represent all of your constituents, not just the heterosexual ones.

It's just too hypocritical for me.

This man has done so much damage to himself, the Republican party, and his state not to be reprimanded!

And to drag his poor wife on national TV!

What a scumbag!

OK EPCOTGuy,

CNN just had a psychiatrist on and she explained how this may work.

I'm starting to feel for this guy a little, but a very little!

Your point is becoming clearer though. I feel for this guys wife and family.

That's my point. I don't mean to suggest that he is in the right or that he should have run for public office realizing this secret and how it may taint his decisions.

I guess I'm just once that firmly believes that there are two sides to everything. Villains exist in the movies, and I prefer to think that attitude tends not to actually be in the real world. He made some serious mistakes, and he will be paying pretty dearly for them. But, I wish him and his family the best, and I hope some good can come of this if people look at the difficulties of the situation and not treat it as pop culture fodder (and that is not meant against anyone here).

I feel awful for his wife and family , I feel nothing for him. He makes it his business to make Gay folk look like freaks of nature and for that he gets what he deserves. As they say, every dog has its day, and some even have two! This would be his number two. Hes a slime as mike put it and got what he deserved. I dont have any sort of sympathy for him what so ever. If he has not taken such a strong stand on gays, I would have all the sympothy in the world for him. When you are a politican, effecting others lives with your opinions or cover-ups or whatever the heck he was doing you dont get sympathy.

And his excuse was he was intimidated by the big black man, are you kidding me, add bigot to the list. I could have excepted big man or stong looking man but big black man?

He's been bumped off the main page, but I give it till about noon EST today before he does something stupid to put him on the front of the news again today! Thank God we have a television at work that stays on headline news! :cool1:

I can absolutely agree that as a community, we should support all men and women who are coming to terms with their homosexuality and lift them up, not slap them down. It's a difficult process for a lot of folks, myself included. Nevertheless, when that person is a publicly elected official and goes beyond in order to condemn the gay community, that individual is overcompensating and hiding behind his vitriol by pointing his finger as far away from himself as possible, I can't accept that quite so willingly as others.

Do I take joy in what has happened to this idiot? Perhaps a little but not really. Moreso, I take pity on him that he has to be so incredibly disgusted with himself that he has to resort to anonymous sexual encounters to satisfy his personal needs, yet doing his best to publically condemn at the same time.

If society does indeed continue to move in the direction of acceptance (and it is indeed folks!), incidents like this will slowly but surely disappear. There will be no need to hide, whether behind a false marriage, or behind political agendas. Until that day comes, we will continue to see men like Craig and Haggard in the news.

I pray for him and others like him.

I love how McCain is saying, "He plead guilty, so he should resign. He plead guilty to an illegal act."

Of course, he actually plead guilty to the lesser charge of disorderly conduct.

Yet, years ago, Pres. Bush peaded guilty to DWI...but that OK, because as we all know, Drunk Driving is a much better standard to uphold for society than disorderly conduct. :lmao:

I wonder what would have happened if the Senator had simply admitted to wanting "company" and that he had "desires?" At least we could applaud him for being honest, instead of being in denial. I just don't see how this should be a career ending thing for the Senator, even though I absolutely disagree with his politics.

From what I've seen and heard (way too much in the last couple of days), he sounds like a pretty awful guy BUT... I still feel kinda sorry for him -- the loneliness and self loathing must be intolerable.

Who would have thought this story would blow up the way it did? :confused3

An interesting side note, looks like this guy might, and I say might, have single handedly changed the way the Republican party deals with gay rights. It's still too early to tell, but the rumblings are out there!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I bet the DH that Craig would resign today (Friday) and it looks like I won the bet!

I figured he would resign today, the Friday of a 3 day weekend when a lot of people are not really watching the news, and hopefully by Tuesday when they return home from their Labor Day weekend fun something else will be on the news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter