You cant make this stuff up!

Who would have thought this story would blow up the way it did? :confused3

An interesting side note, looks like this guy might, and I say might, have single handedly changed the way the Republican party deals with gay rights. It's still too early to tell, but the rumblings are out there!
Mike--

How might it be changing the way the Republican party deals with gay rights?

Mike--

How might it be changing the way the Republican party deals with gay rights?

Markp5 (or is it Markp1, Markp2, Markp3, etc.?) - I can certainly understand why you enjoy posting on this board so much, there are many intelligent and witty folks and the discourse can be quite entertaining. We welcome everyone and for the most part, I think you'll agree that you've been treated with respect. So I must ask why you keep creating new accounts? I just find it ironic that you're posting with yet another account on a thread about Craig who is very deep in the closet. Might I suggest that pick a password that you can easily remember? Or better yet, why not come out of your “closet” so to speak and post with your usual login? It just seems odd that you feel the need to hide in order to post on our board. Please show us some respect. Thanks!

Markp5 (or is it Markp1, Markp2, Markp3, etc.?) - I can certainly understand why you enjoy posting on this board so much, there are many intelligent and witty folks and the discourse can be quite entertaining. We welcome everyone and for the most part, I think you'll agree that you've been treated with respect. So I must ask why you keep creating new accounts?

It's Dad and his Magic wand!pixiedust:

Poof! The trolls are gone!

But Mark, since you asked, I think this may have been the scandal that has pushed "middle America" over the edge. I'm not talking about me (on the left) or you (on the right) I'm talking about the folks in the middle. I think this scandal may be the one where folks in Iowa finally say "I'm so sick of the Republicans telling me and my friends what we can and can not do in the bedroom, when they cant even stop tap dancing in public bathrooms!"

Thats what I mean.....

And I still think this may be the scandal, or issue, to finally change the Republican party. Just my two cents.....

But Mark, since you asked, I think this may have been the scandal that has pushed "middle America" over the edge. I'm not talking about me (on the left) or you (on the right) I'm talking about the folks in the middle. I think this scandal may be the one where folks in Iowa finally say "I'm so sick of the Republicans telling me and my friends what we can and can not do in the bedroom, when they cant even stop tap dancing in public bathrooms!"

Thats what I mean.....

And I still think this may be the scandal, or issue, to finally change the Republican party. Just my two cents.....

Mike--

Thanks, I always appreciate a respectful reply. I agree with the first half of what you said: Many rank and file Republicans are upset with the actions of their elected "leaders." Probably middle-of-the-road Americans too. In fact, I think the revolt of the rank and file led to his resignation. However, there are many Americans who think certain things shouldn't be done, and doing them "in the bedroom" doesn't make it right. Is it a majority of Americans? We may soon find out.

Mark

Markp5 (or is it Markp1, Markp2, Markp3, etc.?) - I can certainly understand why you enjoy posting on this board so much, there are many intelligent and witty folks and the discourse can be quite entertaining. We welcome everyone and for the most part, I think you'll agree that you've been treated with respect. So I must ask why you keep creating new accounts? I just find it ironic that you're posting with yet another account on a thread about Craig who is very deep in the closet. Might I suggest that pick a password that you can easily remember? Or better yet, why not come out of your “closet” so to speak and post with your usual login? It just seems odd that you feel the need to hide in order to post on our board. Please show us some respect. Thanks!

Sue--I'd rather not post a public reply to this, and I received an error message when I tried to send you a private message. If you'd like my reply, please send a private message and I'll try to respond.

Mark

Mike--

However, there are many Americans who think certain things shouldn't be done, and doing them "in the bedroom" doesn't make it right. Is it a majority of Americans? We may soon find out.

Mark

How bout you stay out of my bedroom (and chat room) and I'll stay out of yours? :confused3

However, there are many Americans who think certain things shouldn't be done, and doing them "in the bedroom" doesn't make it right. Is it a majority of Americans? We may soon find out.

Mark

Discrimination, is wrong. Even if the majority agrees with it. That's the beautiful thing about living in a free country. None of us can be dictated to by anyone else, be it a single dictator, or a dictatiorship of the majority.

Discrimination, is wrong. Even if the majority agrees with it. That's the beautiful thing about living in a free country. None of us can be dictated to by anyone else, be it a single dictator, or a dictatiorship of the majority.

But in a democracy, the majority does rule, at least eventually. I do agree the majority is not always right, but I don't agree that all discrimination is wrong. Discrimination is a vague term and can mean different things in different contexts. Sometimes discrimination in not only not wrong, it's wholly appropriate, in my opinion. For example, many cities now discriminate against smokers. Is that fair or unfair?

So your comparing making smokers go outside to denying gays the right to marry? :cool1:

Priceless!:woohoo:

Baiting? Thats a far stretch. As per norm you are passive aggressivly insulting , and thats not a stretch. As soon as soon as a Mod gets here im sure it will be time for you to fire up mark5. If you get some kind of enjoyment out of this more power to you mark of many numbers. Your song and dance is becoming predictable and tiedious, tell me this mark what are you accomplishing by comming here and doing this?

Aww Mike, I didn't even think about Dad's magic wand ... I better lay off the pirin, it's starting to affect the brain cells. Looks like Dad has been very busy playing whack-a-mole!

Sue--I'd rather not post a public reply to this, and I received an error message when I tried to send you a private message. If you'd like my reply, please send a private message and I'll try to respond.

Mark

Mark – I pm'ed you but obviously that's not going to work if you insist on creating new accounts on a daily basis to evade the moderators. Posting under your normal login would solve this and I think it would also decrease the perception that most people have of you being a troll (well, maybe not!). I've thought about this and I believe the reason for not posting under your true login is that you are embarrassed about what you post and deep down inside you know that it's wrong. On the plus side that also leads me to believe that there is still hope for you ... hey, I'm an optimist!

Mark – I've thought about this and I believe the reason for not posting under your true login is that you are embarrassed about what you post and deep down inside you know that it's wrong. On the plus side that also leads me to believe that there is still hope for you ... hey, I'm an optimist!

My thoughts exactly. I’ve posted some very unpopular opinions here and there on the Dis, but I’ve always posted under the same username. I can do this because I’m not ashamed of my opinions or what I stand for. I don’t hide behind my username and I don’t post anything here that I wouldn’t say to you face to face.

So this leads me to the question…markofmanynumbers, what exactly are you afraid of?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter