You Down With OOP? Ya, you know me. Poly Club Level - All Girls Trip - Labor Day '15 UPDATED 7/25

Joining in! I also feel the excitement in your posts and I LOVE IT!

The ADRs looks great (the most recent revised ones)

I vote for dress 3 for the step sister outfits! However, I also love the idea of Disney bounding, pretty sure DD has that dress too! I love Old Navy!!!

Can't wait to hear more about your plans.

Thank you so much! We are excited! Old Navy has such great deals for kids! I found my daughter some super cute Disney shirts last year.

I think that I may try my hand at it on this trip with the girls! A fun alternative to wearing hot costumes in early September!

I really enjoy doing it, and when I see the character I'm Disneybounding, I just explain that I was inspired by their outfit:

IMG_4941.JPG

Then again, I'm very casual and loosely interpret lol.

My Lilly Pulitzer for Target Arrived!

11188425_10153205997316168_5372187689049328063_n.jpg

The girls just had a little fashion show!

It is really cute! I thought that I would maybe return a few items but the quality is really good and the girls love each piece!

You can't beat the price point - $12-$20 each!!!

It think that these bright clothes will be the perfect compliment to our Polynesian vacation wardrobe!
:flower1:

Those Lilly designs are such a steal! Seriously - I love Lilly but never understood the appeal of buying expensive prints for children who tend to outgrow those kinds of things very quickly. It's very beachy indeed.

For the places you're on the fence about, what are your other options in place of eating there?

Those Lilly designs are such a steal! Seriously - I love Lilly but never understood the appeal of buying expensive prints for children who tend to outgrow those kinds of things very quickly. It's very beachy indeed.

For the places you're on the fence about, what are your other options in place of eating there?

On our HS day, I am debating not doing the premium party and going to MK in the morning. Eating lunch at Columbia Harbour House. Then going to HS for the afternoon and the second Frozen parade....whatever time that will be, then staying through fireworks.

Even if we do the premium party, I am debating just eating counter service somewhere and not going to 50s. Maybe just grabbing a milkshake later.

Lastly, if we do not do Tusker, mostly due to it taking up our time bc we will be going to MK in the evening, I would do Flame Tree BBQ. Thought we could see Mickey and Minnie in Safari gear in AK instead.

Thoughts?

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS DAY OPTIONS

Please help me decide which one! I am leaning to Plan One.

Plan One:
With Frozen Summer Fun Premier Package

Arrive at Hollywood Studios

9:30am - Little Mermaid Show - Mom and Kids

Check in for Frozen Summer Fun - Me

10:30am - Frozen Processional - Special Viewing Area, snack, etc.

11:20am - Disney Junior Singalong

Head to Magic Kingdom

Grab lunch via CS

1pm-2pm - Fast Pass - MK

2pm-3pm - Fast Pass - MK

3pm-4pm - Fast Pass - MK

3pm - Festival of Fantasy Parade

Break to Hotel

Swim, Rest, Shower, Snack Club Level

5:45pm-ish - Head back to Hollywood Studios

7:05pm Frozen Singalong w/ Package FP

Check into Dessert Party

9:15pm - Frozen Fireworks

OR

Plan Two:
Without the Premium Package

Head to MK in the morning

Rides w/o FP

Lunch in MK

Head to Hollywood Studios after lunch

Frozen Processional???

Fast Pass - HS

Fast Pass - HS

Fast Pass - HS - possibly 8:30pm Fantasmic - not if it will mess up our Frozen viewing by late arrival

9:15pm - Frozen Fireworks

I think you need to consider how much stamina your group has. Even with a break after FOF, it looks like a very, very jam-packed day.

ANOTHER ADR QUESTION!

Okay....as always I am debating some of my choices.
Ultimately, I am trying to squeeze in more Magic Kingdom time and essentially another date of Fast Passes.

Please share with me your thoughts.
Would it make sense to flip flop Ohana from our last night to our HS night and add Chef Mickey's?

New ADRS.

Thursday:
Travel
1900 Park Fare dinner

Friday:
Magic Kingdom
Be Our Guest lunch

Saturday:
Epcot
Via Napoli lunch

Sunday:
Hollywood Studios
mid-day break

Ohana dinner (5pm)
Frozen Premium Package

Monday:
Animal Kingdom in the morning
Chef Mickey's Brunch
Magic Kingdom after brunch
3pm Festival of Fantasy
Fast Passes in MK
Break, Swim, etc. Eat dinner Club Level
Back to MK for nighttime festivities, fireworks

Tuesday:
Travel
Kona late breakfast

Or would you do this....

New ADRS.

Thursday:
Travel
1900 Park Fare dinner

Friday:
Magic Kingdom
Be Our Guest lunch

Saturday:
Epcot
Via Napoli lunch

Sunday:
Hollywood Studios
Brunch at Chef Mickey's
mid-day break at resort
Frozen Premium Package

Monday:
Animal Kingdom in the morning
Magic Kingdom in the early afternoon
3pm Festival of Fantasy
Fast Passes in MK
Dinner at Ohana - 5pm
Back to MK for nighttime festivities, fireworks

Tuesday:
Travel
Kona late breakfast

I'm late but I'm in! Your littles are precious & I love, love the idea of an all-girls trip! So fun! My DD is 5 so I'll be watching your plans closely :thumbsup2

Gotta go back now & read your plans more throughly... just kinda skimmed on the first go :blush:

I'm late but I'm in! Your littles are precious & I love, love the idea of an all-girls trip! So fun! My DD is 5 so I'll be watching your plans closely :thumbsup2

Gotta go back now & read your plans more throughly... just kinda skimmed on the first go :blush:

Awwwww. Thank you! We are super excited! We went when my daughter was five last September (we did not take her little sister) and she could go, go, go. We may be taking it by a little different stride with a toddler. A sometimes cracky toddler. ;)

Welcome back, yall!

It has been too long!

My 60-day fast pass window was this past weekend! Nothing like booking your passes the night of the 4th of July!

I hopped online and guess what happened....

NOTHING!

the-nothing-from-the-neverending-story.jpg

I am a well-oiled Disney planner and guess what I forgot to do! Link my mom's military tickets!!! Grrrrrrrrrr.

I had a mini-freak out and decided to set my alarm for 6am and call my mom bright and early. Here I got on her to order them in time and I FORGOT! Oh well. I convinced myself that if we had to wait in line for Elsa and Anna, it would not be the end of the world.

I woke my sleepy mama from her slumber and linking the tickets worked perfectly. As advised, I started with my last MK day and worked from most important to least important. Honestly, we got everything that we requested.

The one thing that had me a little tripped up was the rider switch. My mom is not super keen on thrill rides but I did not want to organize the FP+s so that she was riding with just the baby on a few rides.

After I booked my passes, I promptly reached out to the wise ones on Disboards for some advice. I was able to tweak my plan to both accommodate my mom and two year old, maximize the ability to get a few "extra" Fast Passes with the rider switch program, AND still hit the headliners.

Upon tweaking my passes, I decided to further massage my perfectly planned trip and....switch it all around! Are we crazy over planners or what!?

I nixed some of my table service meals to allow for more time in the parks and better flow and flip-flopped one of my park days.

The result - two full days in Magic Kingdom vs. 1.5-ish, less rushing, and hopefully a more relaxed trip with some potentially sensitive travelers.

Without further ado...my final plan....​

Last edited:
THE PRACTICALLY PERFECT PLAN!

tumblr_n4m4l8E1GQ1rquydeo9_1280.jpg

THURSDAY

Drive to WDW from South Carolina

Check into the Polynesian about 3pm

Explore the wonderful King Kamehameha Club Level!!!

I might just have to get one of these from Tambu Lounge over the course of the night! Doesn't it just scream VACATION!? Ahhhhh. I think I will need it after 7 hours in the car with my kiddos. Love 'em and all but.....

100_3337.jpg

5:25pm - dinner at 1900 Park Fare
This is a surprise for my oldest daughter and she LOVES the stepsisters!

After dinner head back to the Poly and explore the resort, swim, and watch the fireworks from the lounge.

Perfection!

FRIDAY

Magic Kingdom Day!!! (MK is the most recommended park)

I always advise starting and ending the trip in Magic Kingdom, especially if you have little ones.

I am so excited to see all of their faces light up when we enter the park. I would love to get there for rope drop!

We will start our morning in Adventureland.

Hit Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain (myself and 6yo - get rider switch), and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (myself and 6yo - get rider switch)

Hit some of the smaller rides, get a dole whip and work our way to Fantasyland.

11:10am - lunch at Be Our Guest

12:10-1:10 - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FP+ - get rider switch for later

1:10-2:10 - Enchanted Tales with Belle FP+ - all

2:10-3:10 - Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - all

We can ride some of the classic, less high demand rides in Fantasyland - carousel, Small World, etc. in between the Fast Passes.

Festival of Fantasy Parade @ 3pm

3:15-4:15 - Space Mountain FP+ - myself and get rider switch to ride immediately with 6yo.

Take a break and head back to the Poly to rest and swim.

Enjoy light appetizers on the Club Level and then head back to Magic Kingdom for the parade and fireworks.

If we cannot make it back to the back and stay til 10pm, then my kiddos can watch the fireworks in their PJs from the lounge or beach.

SATURDAY

Animal Kingdom in the morning/Epcot in the afternoon-evening - Both parks are highly recommended.

Get to AK for opening and head straight to the safari.

10am - Festival of the Lion King

Explore the Tree of Life, It's a Bug's Life, eat an early lunch at Flame Tree BBQ, and ride a couple of kiddie rides in the Dinosaur area.

12pm - Finding Nemo - The Musical

Head to Epcot

1:00-2:00 - Meet Disney Pals at Epcot Character Spot FP+ - all

I also wanted to check out the Disney Visa character spot - it maybe similar characters but....oh well!

2:10-3:10 - Spaceship Earth FP+ - all

Ride Nemo and Friends and Living with the Land, etc.

3:20-4:20 - Soarin' FP + - get rider switch for later in the day before we leave the park

Try and get to Soarin right around 3:20 and then head to World Showcase to explore.

Once at the World Showcase we are on a character hunt! Donald, Mulan, Snow White, Belle in blue, Jasmine - here we come!

But first...

MX%2029.JPG

5:45 - dinner at Via Napoli

I want this!!!

Day+5+-+Hollywood+Studios+%2526+Epcot+4-13-13+%2528147%2529.JPG

After dinner continue to explore the countries.

We will try to stay until Illuminations or we can ride the boat ride in Mexico one last time, use or Soarin' pass, and call it a night!

SUNDAY

Hollywood Studios - most recommended park

779.jpg

We are in for a wonderful and wild Frozen-filled day!

Get to park and check into the Frozen Premium package. Get credentials and such.

Snack it up on $60 worth of Mickey bars. I have already determined that this is going to be sugar filled day.

9:25-10:25 - Toy Story Midway Mania FP+ - myself and 6yo

10:30 - Frozen Processional

11:15 - Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

12:10 - Disney Junior Live on Stage

1:00-1:15 - The Voyage of the Little Mermaid FP+ - all

2:00-3:00 - Star Tours FP+ - myself and 6yo

3:00 - Beauty and the Beast

Take a break and head back to the Poly to swim and relax.

Get evening appetizers via club level lounge. Put on our Frozen finest.

Head back to HS around 6pm-ish for 7:45pm Dessert Party.

7:30 - Frozen Sing-a-long with complimentary FP+

Dessert Party

Currently have single FP+s for the Rock-n-Roll Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror in the evening - very debatable if these will be used.

Eat lots of sugar. Sing a few songs we may know all of the lyrics to by heart.

FROZEN FIREWORKS!

Our lives are now complete.

But wait....there is one more day in the parks....

MONDAY

Magic Kingdom - NOT recommended.

8:05 - Breakfast at Kona

Head to Magic Kingdom at our own pace. I know that it will be busy but I have a plan!

Take advantage of the three rider switch passes from earlier in the trip for Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Mine Train.

Light lunch at Columbia Harbour House.

12:30-1:30 - Haunted Mansion FP+ - all

1:30-2:30 - Peter Pan's Flight FP+ - all

Festival of Fantasy Parade @3pm

3:10-4:10 - Meet Anna and Elsa FP+ - all

Head to the Poly to get ready for dinner.

Get dolled up in our resort-wear a la Lilly P for dinner.

5:10 - Dinner at Ohana

Head back to MK to watch evening entertainment or enjoy a relaxing last night on the beaches of Poly.

TUESDAY

Enjoy our last morning in lounge and pool.

Pack, check out and head to the Contemporary.

11:40am - Brunch at Chef Mickeys

Mickey-Tableside.jpg

See You In September!

Last edited:
Share with my your thoughts on my Hollywood Studios plan! This is the park that always is the hardest to schedule due to the high volume of longer shows, etc! I would greatly appreciate it! :thanks:

Hi Lisa, can't believe I missed your PTR up until now, especially since its so much about food, my favorite thing and we'll be traveling at the same time to the Poly. Ya you know me ; )

I might just have to get one of these from Tambu Lounge over the course of the night! Doesn't it just scream VACATION!? Ahhhhh. I think I will need it after 7 hours in the car with my kiddos. Love 'em and all but.....
Looks like the perfect way to start to me, I may have to go the same route ; ) But so jealous driving is an option for you. At 18 hours I just can't even fathom trying it.

Enjoy light appetizers on the Club Level and then head back to Magic Kingdom for the parade and fireworks.

If we cannot make it back to the back and stay til 10pm, then my kiddos can watch the fireworks in their PJs from the lounge or beach.
Yeah for club level. We did it at WL last year and absolutely loved it. Looks like you really intend to make the most of it. And bonus fireworks from the beach. Can't wait to experience that.

Once at the World Showcase we are on a character hunt! Donald, Mulan, Snow White, Belle in blue, Jasmine - here we come!
You probably already know this, but we found Pooh and Tigger way in the back of the UK pavilion last trip. I had no idea they were there and apparently neither does anyone else because there was no line.

I want this!!!

Day+5+-+Hollywood+Studios+%2526+Epcot+4-13-13+%2528147%2529.JPG
Pizza Perfection!!!!!!!!

Snack it up on $60 worth of Mickey bars. I have already determined that this is going to be sugar filled day.
If you don't mind if I ask, is the frozen package $60/person? Not sure if I could eat that much in dessert, but adult beverages perhaps ; )

8:05 - Breakfast at Kona
Ahh one of my favorites. Love, love, love the Samoan.

Share with my your thoughts on my Hollywood Studios plan! This is the park that always is the hardest to schedule due to the high volume of longer shows, etc! I would greatly appreciate it!
It looks like you have a pretty good plan to me. I agree with all the shows and not many rides, MGM is a difficult one. We just did evening extra magic hours 2 trips ago, didn't even go on our last trip and not sure how we'll tackle it next time.

Hi Lisa, can't believe I missed your PTR up until now, especially since its so much about food, my favorite thing and we'll be traveling at the same time to the Poly. Ya you know me ; )

Looks like the perfect way to start to me, I may have to go the same route ; ) But so jealous driving is an option for you. At 18 hours I just can't even fathom trying it.

Yeah for club level. We did it at WL last year and absolutely loved it. Looks like you really intend to make the most of it. And bonus fireworks from the beach. Can't wait to experience that.

You probably already know this, but we found Pooh and Tigger way in the back of the UK pavilion last trip. I had no idea they were there and apparently neither does anyone else because there was no line.

Pizza Perfection!!!!!!!!

If you don't mind if I ask, is the frozen package $60/person? Not sure if I could eat that much in dessert, but adult beverages perhaps ; )

Ahh one of my favorites. Love, love, love the Samoan.

It looks like you have a pretty good plan to me. I agree with all the shows and not many rides, MGM is a difficult one. We just did evening extra magic hours 2 trips ago, didn't even go on our last trip and not sure how we'll tackle it next time.

Oh girl....I am all about the food! Love your trip report from your stay at WL Club Level. I am dying to try Flying Fish! Not this trip, unfortunately, but there is always next time! We upgraded to the deluxe plan last year with free dining and California Grill for fireworks and Jiko were some of our favs! The food is just as important to me....maybe more. ;)

How fun that we will be there at the same time! I am sure that we will see you around the pool, etc.

This Summer is flying by! It will be Labor Day before we know it! I can't recall....have you been that time of year before? We went the weekend after last year - mid day rain was expected but the crowds were SO LOW!!!!!

Great tip about Pooh and Tigger! Looks like they meet long hours too! Fun!

Considering Frozen is going on while we are in MGM, I assume that as long as we tackle that...we are good! Yes....the premium party tickets are about $60. Honestly, we went last year and it wasn't completely "worth" it to me. We get the extra FP to the Frozen sing-a-long, snacks and a reserved spot for the parade but you still have to "stake" out a spot up front. There are lots of desserts and some sweet (literally) adult cocktails during the dessert party. However, I asked my daughter if she ever went back to WDW, what would she like to do again. She said the dessert party and HDDR. Considering my two year old may not enjoy a two hour dinner show, I went with the dessert party. Given that I will have a toddler and a 70-ish mama with me, they may enjoy the reserved areas for the parade and fireworks. So....

I think that you could get a cute Olaf cupcake and a "real" drink and have your own dessert party during the fireworks and have a similar experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter