You knew it was coming: Fries

Want them fresh?Ask for them without salt. Then ask for salt packets and salt them yourself.

Never thought of that! They don't salt them enough anyway, for my tastes so won't be like I am doing anything different. I will try that.

I'd say Wendys though I haven't had that in a while.

BK is fairly good and Chick-fil-A are really good especially with Chick-fil-A sauce.

McDonald's is one that is good but I only really crave those every now and then. I think I prefer a thicker fry when there isn't seasoning (as in something other than salt lol).

I agree about Five Guys being good but lordy are they not shy about dumping more and more in. Could truly share it amongst several people.

Oh yeah. Gordon Biersch garlic fries. It's harder to find around here now that Gordon Biersch restaurants have closed in San Francisco and San Jose. They have airport locations though and this one in Roseville, California (edit: it's since closed). Other than that, Dan Gordon opened his own restaurant in Palo Alto and apparently has a right to use the recipe.

gordon-biersch-garlic-fries.jpg

Last edited:

I like 5 Guys and McDonald's/
Don't eat out often enough to really compare other ones.
I don't like shoestring fries.

McDonald's fries are the best! I ask for them unsalted so I know I get a fresh order. They taste better when they are nice and hot.
Wendy's fries are a close second. I usually dip them into my Frosty😋

Oh yeah. Gordon Biersch garlic fries. It's harder to find around here now that Gordon Biersch restaurants have closed in San Francisco and San Jose. They have airport locations though and this one in Roseville, California (edit: it's since closed). Other than that, Dan Gordon opened his own restaurant in Palo Alto and apparently has a right to use the recipe.

gordon-biersch-garlic-fries.jpg

The best parmesan garlic fries I've ever had were up at some place in Turners Falls, MA (Riff's North, I think). They came with truffle mayo and it was straight up crack.

I know, I was always going to try it that way when my son lived at home but just never did. Now just pour their fattening fake cheese on top....it's the best!! :teeth:
I tried it! It wasn’t my thing, but, come to think of it, both of my kids love doing it! :p

I rarely eat fries -its hard to justify the calories but
Five Guys with Cajun seasoning-if I have someone to share with
Smashburger- smashfries ( garlic, olive oil and rosemary)
Freddies-their thin fries with their fry sauce yumm.

I'll eat McDonald's fries all day if they'd let me.

The absolute best fries are at the Curley's stand on the Wildwood boardwalk. Thick crinkle cut with the skin on, steaming hot, and with a sprinkle of malt vinegar. And one of their shaken lemonades on the side.

Five Guys (reg fries, not the one with cajun seasoning, gross!), Mcdonalds, and Arby's are the best. Chil-Fil-A is good too!

I don't really dislike anyone's fries...McDonald's are my favorite, and I actually like In-N-Out. Out of the fast food places I go to, I guess I'd say Dairy Queen's fries are my least favorite. Not bad, but not great.

When I go to Jack in the Box or Arby's, I order curly fries, and Burger King I get onion rings, just because it's something different.

McDonalds fries have become inedible. They used to be the best, but the last few years, they have just been tasteless and gross. We don’t even order fries when we go there any more.

That's because of the outcry from vegetarians (not sure complete reason) for them using animal fat (lard) to fry them in. They were sooo goood! Then they started using vegetable oils and the flavor is basically non existent now. I do occasionally get them, but I ask for salt free and they fry them up fresh and hot, then I immediately add my salt! Fairly decent that way! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter