You knew it was coming: Fries

At In & Out you have to order "well done" - they are much better that way. Animal Style always works too, but then your're really just covering them up with stuff.

McD's is pretty much the standard, but places with seasoned fires are good too, like Arby's or Checkers/Rally's.

I can’t think of any fast food fries that I don’t like. But they must be fresh and hot. Now if we are at a restaurant and all they offer are thick steak cut fries I won’t order fries. I prefer thin fries, and skins on.

Mcdonald's classic, still love them. Which is why I don't go often.
Chick-fil-A waffle fries.
Five Guys because you get sooooo many!
Steak & Shake thin cut fries.

Want them fresh?Ask for them without salt. Then ask for salt packets and salt them yourself.
Have done this on occasion, usually when a store isn't crammed. Have been impressed with how much care they put into making that one batch of fries.

Anyway, for frozen fries:
- McDonalds. Classic
- A&W Canada. A&W Canada also has some of the best onion rings around.
- Wendy's. Fries are not bad. The sea salt they put on it has too much of a metallic taste for my liking.

Fresh cut:
- Five Guys, although I think they bribe you by filling the bag with an extra serving of potato.
- New York Fries. Which of course is a Canadian chain. Holds up well to gravy.
- Local, but Zet's Diner by Toronto Pearson has a good fries with gravy.

I'm not sure what kind of fries that Six Flags uses, but I've lived with them when they come with something else. They have some sort of crust and are extremely brown. I don't really like them, but I'll eat a few. I'm not sure what it is though. I actually prefer the Johnny Rockets fries that can be obtained at another stand; they're the only ones I can find there that are more normal fries.

o.jpg

Now McDonald's fries were legendary at the time when they were fried in beef tallow. They're also dipped in a sugar solution to help them brown faster.

I used to love McDonald's fries, they were the best. The last time I ate at a McDonald's (a few years ago) the fries tasted terrible as if there was some kind of coating to them, yuck! I also miss Wendy's original fries, do not care for sea salt or "fancier" fry options.

I like Wienerschnitzel (best) and Coco's fries. Golden Corral can have good steak fries too.

Wow, as someone on a low carb diet fries are my downfall. Especially 'crinkle' fries. I stop by J. Buffalo's by my job occasionally for wings & they have the best crinkle fries ever. And cooked when you order so always super hot & fresh. Sonny's bbq also has great crinkle fries.
Don't particularly care for Wendy's fries.
Love fries from Krystal, McDonald's, Chic fi la, Burger King & Zaxby's (again crinkle fries). Dairy Queen's fries are ok just thin, kinda like the ones at Steak n Shake, matchstick style.

My fave are Five Guys fries- lord, I could eat an entire bag in one sitting. I am not a fan of any other fast-food fries- I like fresh-cut only and I don't like curly, waffle, thin or crinkle-cut.

When they are cooked enough, White Castles has great fries. They use crinkle cuts which are perfect for holding ketchup and salt. McDonald's are my second favorite. It fall off after that. I don't like and won't order fries from Nathan's or Five Guys.

I also miss Wendy's original fries, do not care for sea salt or "fancier" fry options.

I completely agree with you. Wendy's fries used to be my very favorite -- crispy outside, soft middle -- and then they tried to make them "more upscale" and ruined them.

Otherwise, i think McDonalds does an OK job with fries, and Steak & Shake's are often pretty good. I do NOT like seasoned fries (Arby's, Rally's, etc.)

I'm the weird one, I guess. I like In n Out fries (well done or not, I don't care, I like them both). They are the only ones that actually taste like potatoes. I cannot stand Chick Fil A fries, and I haven't stepped foot in a McDonald's or Burger King or Wendy's in over a decade. Cane's fries are good, but only because of the sauce. Arby's curly fries are pretty great too. I generally prefer onion rings.

I like the made from scratch, skin on fries. So I do like Five Guys. We have a local place called Bronco's that make their fries from scratch. Sooo yummy. I don't like the thick, steak fries. They seem to be very dry and taste more like a plain baked potato then a french fry.

Wendy's fries are good. gotta have that chocolate frosty, though..
DD dips her fries in the chocolate Frosty!

I rather like the fries at Red Robin.
I forgot about those. The Parmesan garlic fries are to die for, a guilty pleasure, for sure! I hadn’t gone there in years but my son likes it a lot. Funny story - DS and his gf were in a RR recently and a mouse ran across the floor. They mentioned it to the manager and he comped their food.

McDonald's is my fav.

In-N-Out, admittedly is not my fav but I know how to customize it to my liking (well done, animal style). I'm not a huge fan of Five Guys fries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter