Your Disney Shameful Secret!

I really enjoy Illuminations --- but, in truth, I like the music better than the show. I get bored during the slow parts of the show while I am waiting for the fireworks.

I don't really understand why it seems that for some people, eating in the restaurants seems more important than touring the theme parks. I can eat in good restaturants any time. I can only go to WDW parks when I am at WDW!

Despite the fact that I live 7 minutes from WDW and can get in free, I have never been on the Jungle Cruise

I hate Test Track. bbbooorrriinnnnggg! I always feel bad for people who wait in line for it for so long, but then again it means they are in line for that and not at the attractions I want to go on.

I think Celebrate tonight is a poor excuse for entertainment, created because PI became a dead zone after the clubs were closed and management didn't have the "vision" to see that coming.

Let's see...

I've never eaten anywhere in the World Showcase (not that I didn't want to, it wasn't my choice).

I think Mickey's Philharmagic is my absolute favorite attraction in all of WDW.

I've never been in the Swiss Family Robinson's Tree House or the Country Bear Jamboree.

We really liked the Coral Reef when we ate there last year.They had some really great grits! Same with Tony's Town Square Restaurant, but without the grits. :)

This is great! These should be added to our profile! :goodvibes

I tear up at the sight of the castle!

I get more excited to meet the characters than DS4! I book a character meal each trip for that reason!

I have never made it to the park opening, of any park!!! :confused:

I have never owned a pair of Mickey Ears but would love to!

Don't get the hoopla over Illuminations...it's weird
I kind of agree with that...

Maybe it's because I've seen it too many times, or maybe it's because of all the ugliness I've seen with people "jockeying for position" before the show...standing in front of one another and arguing for tables and seats and such...

But for me, the show is a bit underwhelming. It seems to me it could have a lot more "oomph" to it...

I do not enjoy Epcot except for looking at the flowers! I could sit in HS all day and watch "The Citizens of Hollywood" do their thing! I have never been to Hoop Dee Doo and don't care to. And for the life of me I can not figure out what is TTA???? Can someone tell me....it's late and I'm tired!!! LOL!!

Nevermind.....I just figured out what TTA is!!!! I've ridden it several times and enjoy it!!!

My shameful secret is that I have never been to Disney World :eek:

I plan to go, but while I am waiting and saving my money I spend time listening to the podcast, lurking on the boards, and watching disney movies. Trying to keep the dream alive.

I always feel a little bit like a fake on the boards because I can't contribute first hand experiences or stories like everyone else can. But I like hanging around reading trip reports, listening to what people say about the resorts and parks. Making little notes in my mind waiting for the day that I can put them to good use.

We think Tinkerbell is a @#$%, Snow White is a hussy, Pooh is imminently annoying and avoidable, and wish three year old Davy Crockett would put the Country Bears out of their misery. :)

I plan to go, but while I am waiting and saving my money I spend time listening to the podcast, lurking on the boards, and watching disney movies. Trying to keep the dream alive.

I always feel a little bit like a fake on the boards because I can't contribute first hand experiences or stories like everyone else can. But I like hanging around reading trip reports, listening to what people say about the resorts and parks. Making little notes in my mind waiting for the day that I can put them to good use.

Wow, don't feel like a fake at all!! By the time you do take a WDW vacation, you will be a real expert! :wizard:

I don't think mickey bars or dole whips are anything special. Sure they are good(I love my sugar) but not a must have.

I hate school bread, Hoop De Doo and POR. Hate.

I am afraid to stay at the Poly because my expectations are too high and I think I will be disappointed.

MK is not my favorite park and I do not tear up at the sight of the castle. I will however, shed a tear at the sound of the DCL horn.

Don't feel that way Quirky, we've all been there! Besides it's not that easy to get to from Australia! Hear's hoping the next park Disney builds is in your neck of the woods, because that would be so cool for all of us ::yes::!

Okay, this is silly but when we visited Disneyland Paris I heard the parade coming from inside their version of the Emporium. So I pretty much ran outside, and saw Peter Pan passing by on his float so I waved and yelled.."Peter", like we were old friends or something. He waved back and the voice playback said,.."Well hello!" :goodvibes. Took me a few moments to think to myself, Oh my what are you doing :rotfl:!

My other secret is I can't ride Soarin! Although I do try every trip, afraid that I will faint and flop over, I panic as soon as I sit down in the ride vehicle :sad2:.

I don't really get into Illuminations either. Not that big of a deal for me

Also, my sister and I once made fun of Cinderella AND SHE HEARD US!! We did this as fully growned adults. She frowned and did shame fingers.and now I still feel guilty.

As a previous poster said, we have all be there.....EXCEPT YOU!!!! Hahahahaha

J/k sorry about that I don't know what got into me. It must be my inner donnald coming out. I did have myself laughing as I typed this though. :rotfl:

I will not EVER ride Stitch's Great Escape. I can't stand Stitch. Will never understand his appeal.

I think kids will get in the way of fun at Disney. OUCH. I know a lot of people don't agree with this...and maybe I am wrong. But at this point, going for so long as an adult without kids..I just can't see it another way!
(I do want kids--hopefully I will come around on the subject--I can't leave the kids at home while Mommy and Daddy go to the most magical place on Earth!)

One of my biggest regrets is not doing the Disney College Program.

I will never understand the people who spend so much of their vacation eating! I love a good meal--but I'm there to do rides, meet characters, see things, learn things, interact with cast members and other tourists. Eating is pretty much last on my list. In fact, we often forget to eat altogether!
(I realize part of this goes back to not having kids. Kids have to eat, have a schedule-I get it)

Sometimes I pretend that the knowledge I get from the DISboards is from my own personal experience. I don't straight out lie..but definitely let them think I did it/experienced it myself

In all the times I have been to WDW I have never seen Hall of Presidents. Frankly, it sounds boring as all get out, but I kind of feel like it's one of those things you just should do.

Also, I think most of the princesses are HORRIBLE role models! Wait around for some fairy godmother or some guy to come save you so you can be happy? Are you kidding me? Finally Princess & the Frog comes along. Now, Tiana is my kind of princess!! :banana:

princess: DD7 somehow packed her towel animal from Mousekeeping. We need to bring it back next time. Oops! :rolleyes1

:goodvibes Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter