• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Disney Shameful Secret!

Ok, ya got me........

I think Autographs are ridiculous!!!! Taking pics with characters is one thing, but an autograph?? Come on!

Mickey bars. Woo hoo (sarcastic). I can get a Dove bar at the grocery store (I do, however, love a Pineapple Dole float!!!). I also hate It's a Small World....

We go to Disney an average of twice a month, and usually get a dole float and eat at the Earl of Sandwich (yes, it's cheap (we use the AAA discount), but it's DELICIOUS!)

After going to the parks for so long, there are still things I haven't seen.

I tear up at the sound of the DCL horn (even the You Tube videos!!) -- and, it's now my hubby's ringtone!

WDW made me feel old when I realized I actually enjoyed the educational stuff at Epcot:rotfl2:

Dole Whips are sickening sweet
Kilamanjaro Safaris gets old after you ride it 3 times with your teenager who loves animals
Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids are not worth getting my underwear wet
I have never seen Fantasmic, and am not sure I want to
Most visits, we are in our hotel rooms and in bed by 9:30, no fireworks for us~

We think Tinkerbell is a @#$%, Snow White is a hussy, Pooh is imminently annoying and avoidable, and wish three year old Davy Crockett would put the Country Bears out of their misery. :)
:lmao::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Also, my sister and I once made fun of Cinderella AND SHE HEARD US!! We did this as fully growned adults. She frowned and did shame fingers.and now I still feel guilty.

:eek: Dare I ask what you said about her?

My Shameful Disney Secret:
I'm so desparate to be back at Disney that I watch videos on youtube of other people meeting the characters.

I'm not a fan of Wall-E.
Same here. Try as I might I just couldn't get into the robot thing :rolleyes1

I actually LIKED the food from the Cantina de San Angel and I'm sad they're changing it! Yes, it was like eating a bland TV dinner, but....I love Mexican TV dinners!!!!! :rotfl: Dont throw them to the ducks or in the lake like Kevin says. Throw them to me :lmao:

I just read the new menu for the overhaul....bleck.

We think Tinkerbell is a @#$%

YES! The reinvention of Tinkerbell is wonderful to my two young daughters, who don't really get her role in Peter Pan, but to me it's revisionist history! Or else there's some kind of crazy trauma that turned her from a clumsy but clever tinker fairy into a murderous wench!

XO
Liz

In more than a total of 20 trips (combined) to WDW and Disneyland, my DH and I have never ridden Dumbo.

I guess our first ride will be with our kids this October.

My Shameful Disney Secret:
I'm so desparate to be back at Disney that I watch videos on youtube of other people meeting the characters.

Yeah, I'm totally with you on that one! Love watching videos of all the rides too. Shall we start a club? :goodvibes

My shameful secret: I've been to WDW but have never tried a dole whip.

Sorry :( :thumbsup2

Never eaten a dole whip or turkey leg

Love roller coasters but never been on space mountain

Tears up everytime "When she loved me" (Is that the name? You know the song I mean) comes on Toy Story 2

Will watch "A Goofy Movie" whenever possible

My shameful Disney secret is don't really enjoy the afternoon parades that much... I mean, I want to, but I kind of find it a hassle to stake out a spot and defend my personal space and then there's all that waiting usually in the sun. So shame on me, but I only sit through the parades for my kids. I do like the Block party bash at Hollywood Studios but the hubby and I usually have a couple of beers while we're waiting... can't do that in MK;)

I've tried to watch Cars 3 times, and every time, I've been so bored that I either fell asleep or stopped the DVD midway through.

I barely made it through Wall-E and then at the end thought it was a disturbing commentary on obesity when it showed that all the people who abandoned the Earth had become overweight; it made me really uncomfortable - so glad I didn't see it in the theater!

I have never been on Space Mountain.

:eek:

You don't know what you're missing! :)

I've never seen Fantasmic- and have no intention to either.

I have never eaten dinner in MK because they don't serve alcohol- and after a day with my family in the parks, I usually need a drink!

I secretly wish I was picked out of the crowd just once in something- the play in Italy, Laugh Floor- whatever! I guess I'm too generic looking!!! LOL!

I also liked Pirates better before the updates. I wouldn't have minded them putting a Jack Sparrow in there somewhere, but I totally miss the dark, scary cave part where Davy Jones now does his spiel. Never again to hear 'Perhaps ye knows too much. Ye've seen the cursed treasure . . .":sad: At least there's no Orlando Bloom in there, or I'd have to push the giggling teenage girls out of my boat. (I'll save my rant about the general teeny-boppering of Disney for another thread.)

I have Captain EO on DVD. I got it for Christmas a couple years ago, no idea where the person who gave it to me found it. But I am very, very excited to see it in 3-D again when I go over Labor Day. You're just another part of meeee! Hee-hee! Oohhh!

Reading these are great!

Mine:

Out of my two trips to DL and two trips to WDW, I've never ridden Dumbo

I actually really like the San Angel Inn, and not just for the ambience!

I tear up any time I hear the music for Soarin

I cry during wishes

I cry when we arrive and cry when we leave (I tend to get emotional can you tell? lol)

I scream like a baby on Dinosaur

I have never been in the treehouse, nor have I ever been on Tom Sawyer's Island

I hate the version of Space Mountain at WDW (I got spoiled with the one at DL)

I haven't been to the water parks

I LOVE meeting the characters, so much to the point that I have a hard time eating at character meals until they come by due to my excitement!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter