• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your dream for WDW

pjweaver

just happy to be here
If you're easily offended stop reading here. I'm sure this has been done, but I couldn't find it, mainly because I'm lazy. I am not talking about free stuff, something that could actually be done for a better experience.

What would be your realistic dream that Disney World could do to help you enjoy your stay?
Mine include:

A daily park schedule of which park (singular) all the yellow tee shirt tour groups will be at

Kiosks or MDE to show current park attendance or capacity at each resort

A prepaid card, for say $150, to an open bar policy at all of world showcase

A third smoking section in AK (which I believe is the largest park)

An enforced quiet hour at resorts... From 12:00-6:00 perhaps

Busses set as 'on call' units that can take the overflow. When Wishes finishes there should be 8 busses waiting to pick up the surge and be able to switch which resort it goes to. I know they do this to some degree, but it could be done better.

A return to the service level that Disney used to be famous for. Whether that means beefing up Traditions, hiring fewer part-timers or CP kids, or raising their pay, I don't know. Stop charging more for less. I miss what made me fall in love with Disney in the first place.

A reduction in crowds. I think that alone would solve most of what we all complain about. The question is how to accomplish this. The only easily implementable method would be capping attendance. Don't just close for capacity on Christmas day or New Year's eve. Start closing for capacity on a regular basis when attendance hits whatever is determined to be a reasonable number for each park. With so many guests wearing electronic tracking devices today (otherwise known as Magic Bands), it shouldn't be terribly difficult to have a reasonably accurate count of how many people have entered and left the park at any given time.

I also agree that Traditions needs to go back to being a multi-day training, not an 8-hour class. But I think the main reason CMs are so frazzled is the crowd level.

Solve the crowds and you will solve most other problems.

Kevin mentioned about his first trip, where his mom was excited to get tickets to the MK. Today you can always buy tickets, it's more an issue of FPP and ADR's. In theory they could sell 150,000 passes that all show up the same day and try to go to the same park the way it's done now. I don't know that there is a solution for this today, though Shanghai sold out for it's opening day.

I just had a scary thought that Bob may already have brewing... Park tickets only for AP holders or those staying on property.

A reduction in crowds. I think that alone would solve most of what we all complain about. The question is how to accomplish this. The only easily implementable method would be capping attendance. Don't just close for capacity on Christmas day or New Year's eve. Start closing for capacity on a regular basis when attendance hits whatever is determined to be a reasonable number for each park. With so many guests wearing electronic tracking devices today (otherwise known as Magic Bands), it shouldn't be terribly difficult to have a reasonably accurate count of how many people have entered and left the park at any given time.

I also agree that Traditions needs to go back to being a multi-day training, not an 8-hour class. But I think the main reason CMs are so frazzled is the crowd level.

Solve the crowds and you will solve most other problems.

I fully agree that the biggest issue for guests is the crowds - which is obviously an odd problem for a company to deal with ... that you are too popular

I do think capping the crowds is one way to do that but I can imagine the outrage from people if they plan a once in a lifetime trip and then can't get into the parks. Maybe they could have the cap only apply to offsite guests as an added perk of staying onsite (i.e., stay onsite and have your choice of parks, off site, only the parks that are below the cap are accecible). If they do this I think they would have to jack up the prices quite a bit (I mean, they wouldn't have to, but to sell the idea to stock holders they would) - but if it worked out that you could get more accomplished in 3 days than you could before in 4 or 5 due to lower crowds they it would be worth it to pay 20% more (or whatever the math would be)

Another way to accomplish this I guess would be to open the parks longer or expand the "extra hours" - so almost 2 shifts of guests or something

I also think they should remove some of the crowd eating rides from the FP process - rides like Haunted Mansion and Pirates weren't really build for FP lines and omnimover rides like HM or Little Mermaid really are so efficient you shouldn't need FP. This would help a bit as well

BTW - I think at least some resorts have "on call" buses (I think Pop is one of them) where they do send more buses when it is needed ... now maybe they need to up it but they do have that process/technology in place to some extent already

I understand why they have them but I would like to see tiering of FP go away at EPCOT and DHS

And I know they are working on it to some extent but I would like to see more counter service meals improve. The quick service at Disneyland is so much better and much more variety than at WDW and I would like WDW to follow that trend

I fully agree that the biggest issue for guests is the crowds - which is obviously an odd problem for a company to deal with ... that you are too popular

I do think capping the crowds is one way to do that but I can imagine the outrage from people if they plan a once in a lifetime trip and then can't get into the parks. Maybe they could have the cap only apply to offsite guests as an added perk of staying onsite (i.e., stay onsite and have your choice of parks, off site, only the parks that are below the cap are accecible). If they do this I think they would have to jack up the prices quite a bit (I mean, they wouldn't have to, but to sell the idea to stock holders they would) - but if it worked out that you could get more accomplished in 3 days than you could before in 4 or 5 due to lower crowds they it would be worth it to pay 20% more (or whatever the math would be)

Another way to accomplish this I guess would be to open the parks longer or expand the "extra hours" - so almost 2 shifts of guests or something

I also think they should remove some of the crowd eating rides from the FP process - rides like Haunted Mansion and Pirates weren't really build for FP lines and omnimover rides like HM or Little Mermaid really are so efficient you shouldn't need FP. This would help a bit as well
Of course they also could have taken the 2 billion they put into trying to force you to see stitch and invested in EPCOT and HS to a point where they would actually draw people away from MK.

BTW - I think at least some resorts have "on call" buses (I think Pop is one of them) where they do send more buses when it is needed ... now maybe they need to up it but they do have that process/technology in place to some extent already

I understand why they have them but I would like to see tiering of FP go away at EPCOT and DHS

And I know they are working on it to some extent but I would like to see more counter service meals improve. The quick service at Disneyland is so much better and much more variety than at WDW and I would like WDW to follow that trend

POP often has a coordinator in the morning peak times walking and on the radio, but that isn't the case at say WL or AKL.

I was thinking more along the lines of the drivers themselves getting on the CB and saying "just picked up a full load and still have a full queue" or "picked up at SS for MK but there is a line for HS". Our last time staying at AKL took too long to get from our room to the busses, then another 30 minutes to find our bus. If we pay for a deluxe we want deluxe treatment. That is why we either stay at a Crescent Lake or monorail resort, or POP on the cheap (knowing we will have to wait for busses but paying 1/4 of the price).

For as many times as we have seen Stacy I still love it, reminds me that we've arrived. It must be 10 years old now though, so I can't imagine how she looks today. JL would be a great choice, even add Pete in to do the water parks and Kevin to show DS with Kathy doing Epcots WS. 'Pretzuls und beer'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter