• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your dream for WDW

I knew I liked you!
Don't get me wrong, Soarin's not bad, but I don't see it as a must do. I try to do Test Track more than once each trip.
I guess it helped that soarin was closed in January this year but even when I went in 2015 I didn't ride soarin. My first and only time riding soarin we waited 50 minutes in 2012 and I just didn't feel it was worth that wait.

I enjoy Soarin' but rarely due it now due to the wait and FPs being gone months in advance. I'd like to see the new movie though.

As for Test Track, we have no desire to waste our time playing on the computer designing a car. We just want to ride the ride. I'm not a fan of any of the interactive queues they've added to the parks (although the Peter Pan one is really well done). I think they just make the lines longer. We get aggravated when people are playing rather than moving along when space opens in front of them.
See I'm the opposite I like the interactive queues while yes I agree sometimes they hold up the line a bit it's not by much. What really has been a detriment to lines is fastpass. The new version of test track with concept cars and design to me actually really fits a lot better in future world than the old version did. The rest of future world is not very futuristic anymore.

Clean bathrooms in all of the parks again;

2 hour Early EMH in all parks every day;

Eliminate FP+;

Bring back E ride nights at the MK;

Eliminate Free Dining;

Bring back the Fall Fantasy Package - Combination Discounted rooms + Free Dining (Breakfast).

Completely ReImagineer:
Stitch
Carousel of Progress
Kali River Rapids
Primevil Hurl
Figment

Update:
Buzz
Speedway
Ellen
Body Wars Pavilion

I believe that's about it.

Clean bathrooms in all of the parks again;

2 hour Early EMH in all parks every day;

Eliminate FP+;

Bring back E ride nights at the MK;

Eliminate Free Dining;

Bring back the Fall Fantasy Package - Combination Discounted rooms + Free Dining (Breakfast).

I'm in agreement with a lot of these. My list will overlap with many of yours.

Cleaner bathrooms

morning EMH at all parks every morning (although I would have only said one hour) - which i think will help spread things out.

I've long clamored for the return of the old E-ride nights (always say it's the best money I ever spent at WDW), but they basically did bring it back...at 15x the cost. If it came back at close to the original cost, that would have been great.

A dining plan that allows for customization (for example, for 7 days maybe we would want 10 TS credits and only 4 QS credits and 7 snack credits), or maybe just a breakfast-only plan.

Longer hours nightly for World Showcase.

However, my #1 would be:

All resort pools (and hot tubs) should generally be open 24/7, closing only a couple of hours in the middle of the night for cleaning & maintenance.

Only since they changed it. It was a great ride before that we enjoyed doing over and over. Since the new overlay, even though the actual ride is exactly the same, it just isn't as much fun. As with so many Disney things, it is the story that makes the thing great. They took away the story and ruined the attraction.

I agree 100%. Disney made a huge mistake with the update, trying to promote a loser movie.

RETURN THE GLORY THAT IS EPCOT
Re-open / Re-imagine:

Ellen's Energy Cliff Notes
20 minute ride instead of 45

Innoventions: (Qu)West
(only popular attractions from DisneyQuest are relocated here)

Wonders of Life Pavilion feat/Joy & Sadness
(Body Wars becomes Inside Out)

Journey Into Imagination
(new overlay w/Dreamfinder and Figment M&G)

Big Hero 6-D
(new, interactive film w/hydraulic seats)

Horizons v2.0 (new location)
(new technology, choose your own adventure)

RETURN THE GLORY THAT IS EPCOT
Re-open / Re-imagine:

Ellen's Energy Cliff Notes
20 minute ride instead of 45

Innoventions: (Qu)West
(only popular attractions from DisneyQuest are relocated here)

Wonders of Life Pavilion feat/Joy & Sadness
(Body Wars becomes Inside Out)

Journey Into Imagination
(new overlay w/Dreamfinder and Figment M&G)

Big Hero 6-D
(new, interactive film w/hydraulic seats)

Horizons v2.0 (new location)
(new technology, choose your own adventure)

Mike, Mr. Iger would like to meet with you about some of your ideas. He will be contacting you shortly to meet on his Gulfstream and a lunch with a few imaginears at Epcot, bad news is lunch will be at Coral Reef. He couldn't get an ADR anywhere else.

Mike, Mr. Iger would like to meet with you about some of your ideas. He will be contacting you shortly to meet on his Gulfstream and a lunch with a few imaginears at Epcot, bad news is lunch will be at Coral Reef. He couldn't get an ADR anywhere else.
I hear Nine Dragons is usually a walk up, but they'll squeeze your party of 10 onto a table for 4 and get shirty when you ask to be moved 4 feet to the left

I hear that EPCOT will have some new plans announced in 2020, but won't be touched until 2021 and what they do will be minimal.

I meant to convey that the Big Hero 6-D attraction will be where Captain EO / HISTA used to dwell. That area could easily be jumping again. Put a Japanese food cart up there (for the parents) next to the outside M&G. Some of these "fixes" are so simple...they just need to do them!

Last edited:
I guess it helped that soarin was closed in January this year but even when I went in 2015 I didn't ride soarin. My first and only time riding soarin we waited 50 minutes in 2012 and I just didn't feel it was worth that wait.

I do think there is a difference between if a ride is good/bad vs if it is worth the wait that is often seen. I actually love Soarin' (though the upgrade to digital was needed) but also agree I wouldn't wait 50 mins for it. Same goes for the 7DMT - I really like it but certainly not worth an 80 minute wait or something

I do think there is a difference between if a ride is good/bad vs if it is worth the wait
Very true. There is not a single ride or attraction at WDW that I would wait an hour for. About the only time we'll wait that long is at night for the castle projection show/electrical parade/wishes, and it's rare that we'll do that. If we are there at a crowded time, that might mean that all we ride all day is the 3 things we were able to get FPs for, and that's just fine with us. We'd rather just be there and enjoy our surroundings rather than spend hours standing in lines.

Very true. There is not a single ride or attraction at WDW that I would wait an hour for. About the only time we'll wait that long is at night for the castle projection show/electrical parade/wishes, and it's rare that we'll do that. If we are there at a crowded time, that might mean that all we ride all day is the 3 things we were able to get FPs for, and that's just fine with us. We'd rather just be there and enjoy our surroundings rather than spend hours standing in lines.
Interesting, my wife and I were just talking about this. Over the years we have gone from ride to ride to a more relaxed version. This time I hope to reach the level where we can miss a FPP if we feel like it. Our ADRs are the only must do items now.

This time I hope to reach the level where we can miss a FPP if we feel like it. Our ADRs are the only must do items now.
We have definitely missed FPs and we don't make ADRs so I guess we've already reached that level.

I totally agree, and also realize that a lot of my "being able to relax and not be commando" at WDW is also due to the fact that I'm blessed to have been so many times that I don't truly feel as if I'm "missing something" if the lines are too long, and I chose not to do it, or know something truly does not appeal to me, so I don't want to do it. I did feel sad when I didn't get to do COP a few trips in a row (it's a "must do" for me because of the whole "Walt touched this" feeling) because it was "open seasonally" and/or down when I was there, but I always thought "I'll do it next time" because there was always a "next time" in the works. Unfortunately there hasn't been a "next time" in the works for me for over 3 years, and I have NO idea when "next time" will be, but I still know I would NOT wait over 30 mins for ANYTHING, and there area LOT of things I can bypass altogether due to lack of interest, or if the lines are too long. On the flip side, it also hones down for me what I truly ENJOY.

I think I'm kind of a mix of both styles - I don't mind missing a FP+ (I don't really make many ADRs, and the ones I do make I schedule at times that I'm not likely to miss them), but I'll also wait forever for a ride. I've waited over an hour for attractions, and while that's not my preference, I still do it if I want to ride it. I don't mind lines. They're a part of life sometimes, and if I have to wait in line to experience something, I'll do it. I know not everyone likes the lines, and I understand skipping long lines, but that's not how I experience Disney. When I go to Disney, I do what I want, even if that means waiting in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter