• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your dream for WDW

My wife informed me that I was errant in talking about WDW closing their doors due to capacity.
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/capacity-closures

There is an easy way to beat this system though, Get a PH, go to AK, then get on the Disney bus from AK to MK. The other way is make an ADR for 2 anywhere available, pay the $20 cancelation fee, you're in. Either way crowds could well exceed 60,000 on any given day. Suddenly paying $150 for three hours with only 3000 people starts to look pretty good. Now Disney can charge an extra $100 just to let you into EPCOT during food & wine for the perk of having enough trash cans to eat off of. When RoL opens (my guess is july 2018) you can only watch if you pay $85 to dine at Tusker House buffet AND but the $35 picture of you with Donald.

My rant here could make even Pete blush, but I must digress and at least show up to work. I don't really do anything, but I need to put in some face time.

An adult only resort themed like ToT (that's realistic right?) or an adult only swimming pool/hot tub at each resort, at least the moderate and deluxe ones. I know they have the quiet pools but there are almost always kids there and the last time I was at CBR there where kids actually jumping cannonball like into the hot tub. I have nothing against kids, have one of my own but he's grown so I can be grumpy ole lady about them now.

More variety of characters. I don't need to see the same characters in every park. I want to see different characters.
That's part of what I used to love about Hollywood Studios - they had Pixar characters that other parks didn't have. But those M&Gs have been taken away due to construction. I want them back.

I forgot to add update the Stacey video
Actually they do that every few months when things change. They don't redo the whole video but they switch out the parts that have changed like Disney springs was added. I love watching Stacey.

I'm not sure I completely agree with it being a crowd problem. I always go at off peak times and my suggestion about service stands. If it is indeed a crowd problem, then my solution would not be capping attendance, but building more attractions. At Disneyland TSMM is no big deal because there is so much to do the people are spread out. Again speaks to my point about stop charging more for less.

I'm not sure I completely agree with it being a crowd problem.
I don't think everything is a crowd problem but it is high on the list of issues. I've been going to WDW since 1978. I can tell you that what passes for "slow" season today is what "busy" season looked like back then.

You may have misread the question, Jes. :jester:

Although I do like how you think.
I feel like this is equally as realistic as Disney capping attendance every day at a much lower amount than they do on Christmas and NYE.
Disney will never intentionally let 10,000+ less people in on a regular day just to placate other guests.
So teleportation seems just as likely... No?

Last edited:
I'd love a major reimagining of Future World. I love Epcot and everything it stands for, it's just dated :(

A return to the service level that Disney used to be famous for. Whether that means beefing up Traditions, hiring fewer part-timers or CP kids, or raising their pay, I don't know. Stop charging more for less. I miss what made me fall in love with Disney in the first place.

This, This, This, into infinity!

I'd love a major reimagining of Future World. I love Epcot and everything it stands for, it's just dated :(
I completely agree. The Tequila Cave and Rose and Crown are all that is holding Epcot together these days. If DATW wasn't so popular DHS would be #3. You can only do test track so many times before you realize that it's dull.

You can only do test track so many times before you realize that it's dull.
Only since they changed it. It was a great ride before that we enjoyed doing over and over. Since the new overlay, even though the actual ride is exactly the same, it just isn't as much fun. As with so many Disney things, it is the story that makes the thing great. They took away the story and ruined the attraction.

Only since they changed it. It was a great ride before that we enjoyed doing over and over. Since the new overlay, even though the actual ride is exactly the same, it just isn't as much fun. As with so many Disney things, it is the story that makes the thing great. They took away the story and ruined the attraction.
I only remember riding the old version once. I liked it of course but I also like designing my own car and competing against others especially others in my family (I must win!). They definitely took away the story but I don't feel they ruined the attraction. I know people will disagree with me but test track is more of a must do than Soarin is for me. I've only been on Soarin once.

I only remember riding the old version once. I liked it of course but I also like designing my own car and competing against others especially others in my family (I must win!). They definitely took away the story but I don't feel they ruined the attraction. I know people will disagree with me but test track is more of a must do than Soarin is for me. I've only been on Soarin once.

I knew I liked you!
Don't get me wrong, Soarin's not bad, but I don't see it as a must do. I try to do Test Track more than once each trip.

They definitely took away the story but I don't feel they ruined the attraction. I know people will disagree with me but test track is more of a must do than Soarin is for me. I've only been on Soarin once.
I enjoy Soarin' but rarely due it now due to the wait and FPs being gone months in advance. I'd like to see the new movie though.

As for Test Track, we have no desire to waste our time playing on the computer designing a car. We just want to ride the ride. I'm not a fan of any of the interactive queues they've added to the parks (although the Peter Pan one is really well done). I think they just make the lines longer. We get aggravated when people are playing rather than moving along when space opens in front of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter