• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Favorite Gift This Holiday Season

:wizard: It is a tie between a great night/day at the Cr or their valet service.

Cruise is up there too.

Mine has to be the purple Dooney Crossbody bag from the DH, Epic Mickey from DS, and the Mickey popcorn bucket set from DS & DD. And, I think my absolutely favorite gift is that we were all together all day. The older the kids get, the more I appreciate it! :santa:

Well, it wasn't really a gift for me, but my favorite was a letter my daughter left for Santa last night explaining all of the reasons that she believes in him even though she's never seen him and can't prove he exists.:lovestruc Then, she went on to list several classmates that she thought Santa should know do not believe in him.:rotfl: Made me laugh at 2am.

Laurie

PCC 3.0!!!

In 2nd place is the GC to a local spa from my husband and kids. Doesn't sound special but you didn't read the note that went with it. :lovestruc

Probably the first time I've cried on Christmas morning!!!

I didn't receive it but I'm coveting my SIL's Keurig coffee maker. Didn't think I'd be remotely interested in one until I saw hers in action today!!!!

Lots of the great gifts here! I was very blessed this year...

1. A new house :)
2. Kindle!!! I also got a leather case to go with it.
3. Epic Mickey
4. Money to put towards my airfare for ABD
5. Video camera

and last, but certainly not least...

6. An electric can opener!!!! No more kitchen mishaps! :D

The best by far was being able to travel to be with my daughter and our new twin grandsons. I was able to not only help her out, preparing meals for and doing alll that kind of stuff, but DH and I were able to go to the NICU and help care for the boys. Wow! It was very special and those 2 adorable boys have stolen part of my heart forever.

Lots of the great gifts here! I was very blessed this year...

6. An electric can opener!!!! No more kitchen mishaps! :D

:wizard: Glad to hear this---just be careful of the cool whip tubs this week.

edit my list to include---

---hanging out with the 3 nephews from NC Beast's side (they are at very cool ages...18, 19, 22).
---our neices that gave us a lot of hugs and batting their eyes at their uncle in hopes that we would take them to WDW.

I got and Ipad with an amazing purple cover. :) I also had an amazing couple of days with family and friends and I loved that.

I have to say that Epic Mickey is the best video game I've ever received. I've been playing all day and I'm in love.

I also loved spending time with my family all day. That was great. :)

I think I have to amend my favorite gift post from yesterday. It is now a tie between the lip gloss set and the k-cup drawer that sits under my Keurig. It is so nice to pull open and see exactly what flavors I have and pick out a k-cup.

Ok - not everyone understands this, but I have wanted a Tiara from Disney World FOREVER. Every time we go I try them on and my family talks me out of them (FYI I am 54 years old). Well, they all decided on our last trip in Nov. that they would get me one and surprise me at Christmas!!! So now I have my Tiara and I'm not afraid to use it!:goodvibes

One of the best gifts I received is kind of odd and I didn't know it at the time...but it was when the sell of XTO Energy to Exxon was completed in June of this year. It changed my husbands busy time of the year and he was actually at home for all of the holiday season. He usually is at the office 7 days a week for 18 hours a day during this time of year. In the past we have seen him on Christmas day and Thanksgiving day and that's it. He was in the office the rest of the time. So time with my husband has been a wonderful gift.

But on to the presents...our daughter gave me an Olszewski Gallery of Light piece. It is the scene from Peter Pan where they are all flying. My brother-in-law sent me an Olszewski pill box. It is the Haunted Mansion stretching room scene #1. The piece without the girl on the tight rope with a alligator below her.

My husband was unbelievable generous and after 21 years of marriage decided to upgrade my wedding set. He has always indicated that he would give me an anniversary band for our 25th. But he presented me with a new engagement ring AND an anniversary band for Christmas. They are both beautiful pieces.

One of the best gifts I received is kind of odd and I didn't know it at the time...but it was when the sell of XTO Energy to Exxon was completed in June of this year. It changed my husbands busy time of the year and he was actually at home for all of the holiday season. He usually is at the office 7 days a week for 18 hours a day during this time of year. In the past we have seen him on Christmas day and Thanksgiving day and that's it. He was in the office the rest of the time. So time with my husband has been a wonderful gift.

But on to the presents...our daughter gave me an Olszewski Gallery of Light piece. It is the scene from Peter Pan where they are all flying. My brother-in-law sent me an Olszewski pill box. It is the Haunted Mansion stretching room scene #1. The piece without the girl on the tight rope with a alligator below her.

My husband was unbelievable generous and after 21 years of marriage decided to upgrade my wedding set. He has always indicated that he would give me an anniversary band for our 25th. But he presented me with a new engagement ring AND an anniversary band for Christmas. They are both beautiful pieces.

That is the most precious gift ever is quality time with your husband and family. Beats anything bought in a store 100%. :thumbsup2

My favorite Christmas gift was a Martha Stewart blue KitchenAid stand mixer! I love to bake, and ever since I moved into my own place I have been using a really cheap store brand hand mixer (we paid $5 for it!). My mom picked the perfect color and didn't even know it was gonna be the "Martha Stewart" color.

Epic Mickey and like everyone else said the gift of spending time with family. Hope everyone is having/had a nice holiday!!

Well lets see....
I got a Hydro Flask in glitter red (DD got the green one) a new Nikon D7000, Photomatix software and a bamboo pen (photo stuff). My DD got me new cutting boards that will not harm my nice fancy knife my DH got me! Oh so sweet!!

But the best gift was seeing my DD so excited about her gifts. She got a red Wii, games, clothes, a DNA test kit for her dog, but she said her favorite was the poster I made and framed of her dog in the style of Andy Warhol. Seems the handmade stuff can sometimes be the best!

It was a wonderful day filled with family, laughter and love!!! :thumbsup2

The best gift I recieved this year is a suprise box from a "secret santa". I have been unemployed all year and I have been worrying about Christmas for a couple months. A few days before Christmas I got a box in the mail from an unknown sender with tons of gifts wrapped and labeled to my kids. I think we were an "adopted" family. My kids had a wonderful Christmas because of the generosity of others. So, thank you secret santa and God Bless you!

By far the best gift I have ever recieved...oh and I got a job offer too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter