• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Favorite Gift This Holiday Season

Mine was a Chef Mickey cookbook my DH got for me! But spending the day with my two kids and seeing everyones delight when they opened their gifts was the best!!!

My favorite Christmas gift this year was the U.S. flag that flew over our son's camp for a day during his deployment in Kabul, Afghanistan.

A Droid Pro. I know, it is not an iphone (and I'm an Apple Geek), but it is a smartphone with a keyboard and Verizon service. I LOVE it! :lovestruc

My Son!!!! Born today.
(He was a day late for Christmas, and it's probably better that way)
Mother and son are both doing great.

For me, it was having my family together. It was a tough year and it looked as though it was not going to happen for us. So, that is the best thing I could have gotten this year.

With that being said....the Pandora bracelet my DH picked out really put a smile on my face.;)

My husband and I were at WDW in September. We spent approximately $1500 on souvenirs, but there was one item I didn't pick up. I never purchased a Remi at the France pavillion in EPCOT. He called Disney and got ahold of someone, and one of my presents was Remi. He is my favorite! We are going to put him in a glass pickle jar (Like when Linguini took him out to get rid of him) and put him above our cabinets in the kitchen!!

Lovin my iPad...which I'm typing on now from WDW... my Kurige (which I clearly do not know how to spell :rotfl2:), and the necklace from the Santa shop our son picked out for me.

My favorite gift wasn't even my gift...the Epic Mickey game we bought for our daughter :lmao: I'm loving it!
Okay, of my own gifts my favorite is the new Chef Mickey cookbook, so many great recipes from Disney! :lmao: I also got an alarm clock with a dock for my iPhone which i'm really enjoying.

Originally my favorite was the gift of employment, my job that I finally got with AAA. However, I must admit that I received a very special gift from my 19 year old DS in my stocking which is now my favorite......a pound of Christmas Blend coffee from StarBucks! :woohoo: I sooo love this particular coffee when it comes out this time of year but with finances the way they have been I would have never in a million years bought it for myself so this was a very special gift.

Christmas morning I had the best cup of coffee, ever!! YUM!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!:goodvibes

Sounds like everyone got some good gifts! :)

My favorite is my Mickey Dooney purse and wristlet ;) with a rainbow zipper

My boys got an Xbox and kinnect and that is super cool but their favorite is the 2 foot At At and legos. :thumbsup2

But the family favorite is our WDW APs! Yay!!!

Ohhhh! Let us know how you like/dislike the Apple TV! My DH wants to get that for our house too:) Thanks!

We've had ours for a couple of months now and love it. Val has been watching all the seasons of "Bones" and "Eureka" (streamed from Netflix) so far. Hard to remember what we used to watch on TV at night.

We do occasionally have some blips with the netflix stream but I'm not able to tell if its an issue with Apple TV, my internet connection or the wifi to the unit. At any rate these are pretty minor and clear up quickly. I'm considering running a Cat 5 cable from my router to the Apple TV to see if there is a difference.

Keep in mind that not everything on Netflix can be streamed.

So far we have not bought any shows directly from Apple.

, my job that I finally got with AAA

Congratulations on the job!!! I love AAA, even if I require their roadside assistance more that I would care to :rotfl:

I don't exchange many gifts for Christmas, but I love my long-handled tote from Lands End! Okay, so I put it on my "list", but still - I love it!

I spend forever at Borders today trying to spend a gift card - as firm believer in libraries, buying media I can check out for free is a difficult task! Anyways, the exercise did remind me that I really, really want to own some of the Disney books I've read from the library - including Walt Disney's Disneyland by Marty Sklar (my personal favorite). I recently did the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, and the tour script was almost verbatim out of this book from the 60s! So, that is how a $25 GC lead me straight home to spend $100+ on used books online :lmao:

BTW - I used the GC to buy coin collector folders, the kind to collect state quarters, etc. They cost the same online as in the store. Now I just have to sort through my huge jar of change & see what coins I already have. Project time! :yay:

Oh....and I also bought myself Truffle Salt from the Tea & Spice Exchange at DTD. Love it! (even though my family didn't appreciate it when I opened the packet in the car - they don't appreciate the smell). Thanks DIS for pointing out this little treasure!

Oh, and by the by, I forced my family out into the 12/26 crowds to brave DTD in order to check out the seasoned salts and the left hand store. The left hand store, er, kiosk was closed due to the cold weather!! Unacceptable! I felt terrible dragging everyone down there in the mayhem. (We were in town visitng relatives, across town, not Disney).

Okay, off topic rant over. :)

I really dig the sound of old records and have dozens of them, but no record player for quite some time. My parents bought me an Ion Record/Tape Converter so I can play them at home and convert them to mp3s to put them on my ipod. A great gift for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter