Zootopia is a hit!

I hope it continues to do well so there's some investment in Zootopia stuff at wdw. I want at least a M&G

I think it will have a lot of repeat viewings. I know our family is planning to go again during spring break and we will likely bring friends!

We saw it this past weekend and I thought it was really great! I can see why it is doing well so far, it definitely has universal appeal. There were a lot of really good messages in Zootopia and the characters were so fun. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed all of Disney Animation's recent movies. I think I still like Big Hero 6 more but this one was pretty close.

I was very impressed with it last night. I have to say this might be my favorite since Wreck It Ralph! It was very clever and I loved the nods at past movies. Hope it keeps doing great! Hoping to see the characters in DL when we go in August!

We are planning on seeing it this coming weekend but I LOVED the preview of the DMV! Hysterical but sooooo true!

I agree that it was well done, and fun. ...but once again they go political us - and get preachy. :rolleyes2 It's possible to make a movie with a message of "anyone can be anything" (Ratatouille) without beating you over the head with it (Zootopia). :duck:

Beware folks: it's not just a movie, it's animated race/gender equity politics - as if you weren't already sick of that.

Whether we need more or less Trumps is a matter of personal opinion.

But I agree with the pp....When I watch a movie I just want to unplug from the "hot political issues" of the day.

I know where to go to hear political messages (facebook, the oscars, any 'cable news' station). Disney movies should be politics-free.

My entire family (parents, aunt/uncle, grandparents, siblings, etc) are the opposite party than me, but we've learned to leave politics to the politicians and to not try to 'change' each other.

I just wish Disney would learn that lesson.

Honestly I didn't come out of that movie with the thought that anything was majorly political. The movie was well done and had a good message. When you have a movie about a metropolis society where animals act as humans I don't think it's possible to avoid politics.

Everything is political. If you have a view on the environment or how to treat people... it's political. It will also, inevitably, inform your writing (assuming you were a person who wrote). Even "dumb" superhero movies like Transformers are presenting a political worldview.

There's a word for movies that have no politics at all. Dull.

Whether we need more or less Trumps is a matter of personal opinion.

But I agree with the pp....When I watch a movie I just want to unplug from the "hot political issues" of the day.

I know where to go to hear political messages (facebook, the oscars, any 'cable news' station). Disney movies should be politics-free.

My entire family (parents, aunt/uncle, grandparents, siblings, etc) are the opposite party than me, but we've learned to leave politics to the politicians and to not try to 'change' each other.

I just wish Disney would learn that lesson.

Here's the thing though, this film goes beyond any sort of political view. The film's message is to promote a discrimination-free society in which we shouldn't be misled by stereotypes and racial prejudice. It's not like Disney is promoting some sort of political agenda.

Call the ''Be whatever you want to be'' message preachy if you want, but I personally believe Disney was really brave by releasing a film that deals so clearly with racial and gender prejudice.

The film's message is to promote a discrimination-free society in which we shouldn't be misled by stereotypes and racial prejudice. It's not like Disney is promoting some sort of political agenda.
That is totally the definition of a political agenda!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter