ZURG’S DIS CON Digital Camera Scavenger Hunt

Zurg

<font color=red>Eivl <font color=navy>Emperor<br><
Zurg likes digital cameras. Zurg likes Disney World. Zurg likes taking silly digital pictures at Disney Wold. Zurg likes to look at funny digital pictures of silly behavior at Disney World.

So I am thinking, and some of you know just how frightening a thing that can be, that we need a DIS CON II Digital Camera Scavenger Hunt. The idea would be to have a list of picture to take and individuals, teams and or drunken mobs set out to get pictures of everything on the list.

Then they come back and submit the pictures to some one, and here I think will be that hard part, that is sober enough, to get them into a laptop and up onto a screen for the assembled, possibly intoxicated, masses to enjoy.

Oh a screen a projector an a lop top would help but they seem to show up by magic so...

Anyone want to play?

Here is a start of a possible list:

BadShoes (You know that had to be on the list.)
A fellow DIS-er coming out of a rest room (another obvious choice)
Corn
Something Lime Green
Duct Tape
Something Grey
A fairy (bonus points for a tag attachedl)
A DIS-er with a Dole Whip
A score over 350,000 on the counter in Buzz
Head wear
Pictures of someone “indulging” around the world

What a clever idea!! :) I would love to see this at DIS-Con.

But how-oh-how would we 'view' all the pics?? :confused:

Oh, this is a neat idea!!! :)

We could have a few people be judges and eliminate some pictures and then post the here on the boards and let everyone see them.

Down load.

To keep it managable, teams would have to submit only one picture per item on the list.

bring usb cables and just down load from camera or I have a compact flash type 1 / smart media card reader.

to view we get someone with a projector to bring it along.

once we get back those pictures not impounded by the district attorney can be posted, Barry can add them to his show, etc.

For those with the ability to do quick time movies we could have a catagory for that too.

How cute---I want to be the one indulging --Oh please pick me for that one.

This is a great idea. I heard some where that a lot of you bring your lap tops to dis meets. I'd offer if no one else wants to but would rather not bring it------heavey to carry on the plane.

PattyN

::muttering::

First I have to get my digital camera back from my dear brother. :rolleyes:

Steve.....start working on it now....you've got a few good days of begging left.....;) ;)

Me thinks I'm gonna have to invest in a digital camera that's gonna be funny considering I'm a bit technophobic ;)

I think this is a cute Idea, and if i take a picture of myself I can cover several of the items with one shot :)

I am not mentioning which ones ;)

This does sound like a great idea, although I don't know who is going to be in charge of uploading all the pictures! LOL I love to take pictures, so this is something I would definitely be interested in doing!! :)

Bad shoes! LOL...What a concept!!;)

I am a fan of digital cameras and also of Walt Disney World AND of the DIS. However, I am NOT a fan of overindulging or the embarrassing and inappropriate and sometimes dangerous behavior which results from this.
Count me IN if you remove the references to being drunk or overindulging.
Count me OUT if you feel that this is necessary to have fun.

Count me IN if you remove the references to being drunk or overindulging.
Count me OUT if you feel that this is necessary to have fun.

I've struggled with what the appropriate response to this statement to be and the least offending I guess would be that since you don't know Zurg you wouldn't know his humor.....I'm sure a response would be that the statement of "drunken mobs"was offensive but again that was not his overall intent.

I say join if you think you would have fun...stay way if you don't think you would enjoy it.....I'm sure there will be individuals that will participate that will not be drinkers as well I'm sure that there will be participants that will be drinkers....Though it was never meant to be a requirement.....

RE: Pattypool indulging-----my friends would want to know all the details. So I have a little sense of humor also. I'm sure I'll try to join in the "hunt" but I'll have to for go the drinking of spirits. Not that I don't have a Bailey's now and then---Enough said....

Although I don't drink, I do not object to those who do. It was the inference that there would be drinking to excess that turned me off. I would hate to see the DIS group become thought of as a drunken group of people. Even the humorous inference that we are a drunken group is/could be a turn off to some of us on the DIS.
Though some people who drink to access become cheerful, congenial drunks, many become hostile and unpleasant. But I really do not want to see the DIS represented as either type of drunk. It is your business if you have to get drunk to have fun, but I feel it would be a disservice to do it in the name of a DIS function.

I'm in!

Carl,
At Disney prices it is hard to get too overindulged. I would think your credit card would hit it's limit first (unless like some people, two sips of a weak Disney margurita turn out to be too much!) LOL!

While we all led you to believe that last year's DIS-CON was one drunken debauchery after another. This is truly not the case. Yes, we had a few drinks. Yes, some may have felt "pretty darn good". No one was out of control or left indisposed because they over indulged. Everyone that I associated with was well within the limits of good, clean fun. I'm not happy with the insinuations coming from this at all. You really needed to be there to say anything about it.

I for one can tell you that there was drinking at DIS Con, but I never saw ONE person be rude or do anything unacceptable. People were very good about making sure people who might have been a little tipsy got back to their hotel safely. No one in my honest opinion embarrassed the DIS or anyone associated with it.

I can certainly tell you, Carl, that there are a number of us that went to DISCON that don't drink, nor do we judge others that do. If you choose not to be around those who drink, that is your business, but it's not fair to make sweeping generalities.

JMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter