ZURG’S DIS CON Digital Camera Scavenger Hunt

Originally posted by Barb
I'm not happy with the insinuations coming from this at all. You really needed to be there to say anything about it.
Barb said it the best, second and third hand information is often over exaggerated. People did have a few drinks and enjoy themselves in some situations...it is thier choice to do so. No drunken mobs, fighting or anything of that nature......that remark is absurd.

Get a grip. Go to the Saturday Chat.

The concept you all seem to be stuggeling with here is called a
JOKE

Do I think RMD is a spy? NO.
Do I think that a cat can brain wash people into criminal activity to take over the earth? No
Is there such a thing as Tag Faries? NO.
Do I thinkanyone is falling down drunk at the risk of their or others saftey? No.

Do I make jokes about all of the above? YES.

Do I have any intention of spending hundreds maybe thousands of dollars to go to WDW hang out with a bunch of people that don't know a joke when they read it, particularly when they start it or plan it ? NO.

I'd say that this thread has been successfully highjacked. ;)

And Jody and Tammy had nothing to do with it. LOL Steve had a little to do with it. ;)

Zurg, I got your JOKE and I LOL! Carry on......... :)

"Do I have any intention of spending hundreds maybe thousands of dollars to go to WDW hang out with a bunch of people that don't know a joke when they read it,particularly when they start it? NO."

You joke about spending thousands of dollars to go to WDW to hang out with ...
I went on a European trip a number of years ago and believe it or not I was assigned a room partner for the entire trip who for the entire trip stayed falling down drunk. I certainly did not enjoy having him as a room partner and I don't see how he enjoyed Europe in a state of stupor for the entire trip.

I have been to a number of DIS meets here in the Houston area and have enjoyed them immensely. Some people had beer or wine, but none got "tipsy." If I ever do go to one where they do, it will be my last one.

Please DO warn me in advance if there is to be a DIS meet where excessive drinking is planned, and I will not choose to attend. I find it offensive to see people make fools of themselves from drinking. That is my personal opinion. From the remarks being made to me in this thread, I am forming the opinion that there may be a subgroup of the DIS with which I do not have much in common. You are making it clear that you feel the same way about me. I will be glad to avoid you, if you find my opposition to drunkenness offensive to you. Like I said, just warn me in advance about such DIS meets. I mean, after all we are talking about DISNEY! I never have pictured Disneyworld as a place people went to to get drunk.

As far as taking a joke. I love to make jokes and can take them. I work in the little theater and sometimes we do jokes about drunks and I can go along with that (although it is low on my list of enjoyable subjects.) But, we have cast parties during the shows and when I find that I am with a group of people who like to drink to excess at those parties, I cease attendance at subsequent parties during that show.

Zurg how about a hidden Mickey? The duct tape might be a little hard.

BTW I was watching the Travel Channel show on Disney Sea. Dude you don't have enough memory for all the bad shoes there.:o :p :p

Yes. Back to your original questions. I would suggest that you get a USB card reader and a laptop. That way you could read the memory cards from most cameras. The Sony memory stick cameras would be another problem, since you would have to have the software and cables that Sony provides to be able to read from that camera.

First I need to get a decent digital camera, unless Zurg wants to include an M105 Palm Pilot cradle in his bag of parts so that I can download the photos that I take on my PDA.

Originally posted by DaveH
Zurg how about a hidden Mickey? The duct tape might be a little hard.

BTW I was watching the Travel Channel show on Disney Sea. Dude you don't have enough memory for all the bad shoes there.:o :p :p

Hidden Mickey is a great idea.

LOL I have wondered what BadShoe would do on a cruise. The Disney Cruise Line 2002 - 2003 Vacations Book, page 64 says
Bring comfotable shoes - like boatshoes, sandals, or sneakers

That sounds like good shoes but I got to think the BadShoe hunting is like shooting fish in a barrel. Even some of the theme parks are too easy. I have thought of taking EPCOT of the official hunting zone for BadShoe - just too easy there.

Originally posted by Carl
... we do jokes about drunks and I can go along with that (although it is low on my list of enjoyable subjects.)

ROFLOL! Now there is a good understated joke.

I will have a laptop and probably the card reader. As for Sony I may be able to find drivers.

I have a sony. All you really need is the connector and you can download it to a PC. I might even have a PC.

However, so far our list is not hard enough what else can we find? Cast members from foreign lands? Donald Duck (he is always hard to find). View from the front of the monorail etc... I know we can come up with a good list.

I do hope both of you still attend and feel comfortable. Pick and choose your activities, if drinking upsets you, avoid those events. :) Ok back to topic I am done.

We have one of the sony that uses a disk for memory---We can make copies of the disk in the camera so anyone is welcome to pictures I take. ( I'll bring a few extra disks). Ah ha-- Pictures of me drinking---They could be worth a fortune.

A side note----I play pool----- 8 and 9 ball. I never drink when I'm playing league or in a tournament becasue I want to win.. can't hit the broad side of a barn after I've had a drink-- As the story goes I play in establishments where drinks are served and some patrons probably do drink to much but I don't. I don't want to get this thread going in the wrong direction. I just want you all to know I don't care if you drink to much on any given day or everyday---Cause I'm still going to have as much fun as possible---and I'll be having that fun with all of you!!!!!!!!

Pattyn

Just To set the record straight on my 2nd post to this thread-----I was making fun of myself because I wanted to be the indulging one-----Not that I wouldn't join in because someone was drinking-----When you meet me you'll understand---I can hold my head high and say I used to be quite the partier. Just wanted to set the record right

PattyN

Oh for heavens sake Carl. . . lighten up!! The whole thing was obviously said in jest, and if an individual or two were to get "overserved" it certainly would not taint the whole group of wonderful people who make up the DIS community. . .

And by the way, although I appreciate the offer, I just can't afford that high quality smack your selling bro!!!!

;)

:teeth:

On to happy thoughts. :teeth: Here are some more ideas (some ideas taken from last year's scavenger hunt):
picture of someone getting a character autograph
(in honor of Marla)someone eating a MIckey Bar
someone reading a menu from a particular restaurant
someone riding Dumbo
Tammy, Steve or Jody riding It's a Small World (they really hate that ride) ROTFL
someone eating a turkey (emu) leg

I'm sure I can come up with others, too.
Love this idea, hope we can do this.

MEMO

To: Zurg

Re: Pool Shark

Do not under any circumstance
enter into games of skill involving
sticks, balls and pockets with
dalepool / PattyN.

Do not beleive you are winning after
the fist game and never, ever, no
matter what bet on a game.

Zurg--my man you made me laugh---Now on with the hunt.......Nothing to hard to find I have old lady eyes---I wear the dreaded bifocals.

What's that saying "let the games begin"

PattyN

Just for the record here.. my limit for drinking is one.. I believe at Kimono's I drank tonic.. and my husband, who will be with me, does not drink at all... but I have to tell you we had the best time.. everyone behaved beautifully and lots of wonderful friendships resulted from DisCon. Hence the kidding on these posts about partying etc..just good clean Disney fun..

Have a great day everyone...Bring on DisCon2..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter