“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the "hidden" benefits for us was the ride photo, due to special needs we waited until the end to board the ride, always in the back row by necessity. I can honestly say this is the only FEA picture we have that you can see our faces. It doesn't hurt that the expression on the little girls face in the front is priceless. We are going at the end of August again.

We did the FEA Dessert Party on Sunday night. There had been a good amount of rain prior to the party so our buffet was inside. The food was so-so. The s'mores brownie and ice cream was delicious and the cheese dip with the flat bread was really good, but the rest was average to below average. The drinks were SO weak, and the mix for the pina coladas was horrible. It was also awkward for DH and I because we were seated at a table with a big party who all knew one another so it was kind of us...and them. They were very nice, and we did have a few small conversations, but I think it would have been better to have been seated at a table with a couple of other small parties this way we would have all been strangers.

That being said... The viewing for Illuminations was AMAZING. LOVED the spot we were taken to, (by Mexico) and the Frozen glasses were a neat touch. Riding Frozen was great too because of course, no lines. It was more than that though. I don't know if we just had a good group but, our boat was full of adults and all of us were singing and just having the greatest time. It was so fun!

I don't know that it was worth the money. I think I would have a more positive review had we been outside, but I knew being inside due to weather was a possibility. DH disagrees and thinks the kids would enjoy it.

Dec, that may be a little too optimistic.
Too optimistic that it would be released this soon? Or too optimistic about the party being held in December? Not looking for specifics, just clarification.
Thank you for your insight. As WDW novices, my family and I have benefitted from it greatly over the past 2 years.

The Star Wars dessert party bookings for September and October today, so fingers crossed that FEA isn't far behind!

I wouldn't hold out too much hope. Rumors are ramping up about a temporary show to replace Illuminations later this year.

If I go to entertainment and look at Illuminations, it shows that a 9pm show is scheduled on Sept 19. So I’m hoping that means it’ll still be going while I’m there, and that the FEA party may also be offered still.

If I go to entertainment and look at Illuminations, it shows that a 9pm show is scheduled on Sept 19. So I’m hoping that means it’ll still be going while I’m there, and that the FEA party may also be offered still.

It shows up on the calendar all year. These are only rumors, so who really knows? I just know how quickly things can change and without much notice for people planning trips.

I am also hoping they offer it in December. Know the dates would not be released this early, just hoping they are eventually released.

I'm one of the few hoping it doesn't extend into September! It's my favorite show of all time, but I've hedged my bets and reserved for 8/31. I'm going to that last show no matter what and I want the dessert buffet! If they extend it, I can cancel, but if they're going to take it away, I'd just as soon they do it sooner rather than later. Probably the only one who checks the schedule daily and is relieved when I see I can't book September. lol If they do extend, I'll book the buffet for our October trip. I just wish they'd announce something soon, the suspense is killing me.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is very short notice of the end of Illuminations. When they announce the closings of attractions, they generally give about 2 weeks (occasionally 3). It’s one of the things I really don’t like about Disney. When I hear rumors about something closing/ending, I just say a silent goodbye every chance I get. It never fails that work and appointments keep me from going after the announcement is made.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is very short notice of the end of Illuminations. When they announce the closings of attractions, they generally give about 2 weeks (occasionally 3). It’s one of the things I really don’t like about Disney. When I hear rumors about something closing/ending, I just say a silent goodbye every chance I get. It never fails that work and appointments keep me from going after the announcement is made.

I would hope they would give some notice. I believe when the Main Street electrical parade and with Wishes the notice was 2 and 3 months (I googled the Disney blog postings for these). Surely, Illuminations would deserve at least as much notice as Wishes and the nighttime parade.

Last edited:
Is this rumor actually founded at this time? It has been years, I have been hearing they were ending Illuminations and it hasn’t happened yet.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather discuss the party rather than a rumor. As I posted earlier, I would be very surprised if the party didn't continue for a while. Let me add a little more reinforcement, so would the managers that plan and facilitate the party.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter