2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Thanks! :) Will wait and see what happens.

Also the stopping for pics with characters sounds just weird to me. I've been training to keep running at a steady pace for long distances, I'm afraid that as soon as I stop for a pic with a rare character I will never be able to get back into the right pace...

Thanks! :) Will wait and see what happens.

Also the stopping for pics with characters sounds just weird to me. I've been training to keep running at a steady pace for long distances, I'm afraid that as soon as I stop for a pic with a rare character I will never be able to get back into the right pace...

i anticipate the 'right' pace being whatever the mass will bear.

Being an inaugural race, I'd expect crowded corrals and several fast/slow folks in most of them. Add in an unknown course with first time volunteers , shake well, and you have the recipe for a challenging race.

My personal strategy will be to smile, walk/jog/run when I can, walk/jog/run when forced and take pictures along the way.

People who go into this race expecting the uniformity/organization of the Paris Marathon or other such events, are setting yourself up for a bad day.

Run for the fun of it and you won't be disappointed!

Brian

Hey all,

I've signed up for the Half Marathon in Paris, received my bib nr. today. It's my very first run, I have no idea what to expect, please forgive my ignorance. :) But how does it exactly work now that everyone starts talking about which number they have? Does it mean at 7a.m. numbers 0 - 5000 will start, at 7:30 5001 - 10000, something like that? I have a friend running as well, but we didn't sign up at the same time.

I tried to figure out how it works on the website, and I think below is the Q&A I need, but it doesn't exactly explain what a corral is... Maybe it's something completely different. :S

Q. If my friend or family member is assigned to a different corral, can we change corrals?
A. Corral placement is based on each individual's anticipated finish time and submitted proof of time. The person placed in the faster corral is allowed to move back to a slower corral, but no one is allowed to move forward.

TIA!

(PS Who here thinks that there will be 'enough' volunteers & workers etc. at the run who speak English? I do fear that most at the Expo, the speakers etc. will be speaking French only).

Each wave or corral (typically designated by sequential letters of the alphabet) will be filled with a couple hundred to a couple thousand runners, based upon predicted finish time; so that similarly paced runners are together, for everyone's safety. The first wave will start at 0700. The second wave just moments later., with the third to follow minutes after that one, and so on. With the size of the field of participants everyone should be across the start line well before 0730.

Do not wait until 0700 to get into your corral. This is a French race and the French have a certain "je ne sais quoi" about rules.

I would expect the expo to be staffed at critical locations (bib & packet distribution) with multi lingual personnel. The vendors and speakers will be hit and miss. On course, it shouldn't really matter. Follow the herd. You should be able to distinguish a water stop and a gel stop as well as a medical area. The finish line should also be pretty easy to recognize.

Just returned from Disney World and now finally getting really excited for Disneyland Paris! Great to see lots more activity on the thread, I'll be getting off the Eurostar this day two weeks, EEEEEEK!

I've asked before but worth checking again, is anyone else arriving Wednesday? My sister doesn't arrive until Thursday lunch time!

HOPING we get the maps in the next day or so.... it's technically tomorrow that's two weeks before the start o the events so I'm hoping we get something then...

In case, someone is interested in running photos, looks like PhotoPass+ is an option to get nice photos at DLRP and the Halfmarathon:

https://www.facebook.com/events/341765966032517/?active_tab=posts

So that people don't get too excited, the PhotoPass+ RunDisney only covers the races and run weekend events (such as the party) if you require meet and greet photos or ride photos you will need to purchase these separately, either individually or using the normal PhotoPass+.

Is anyone else as surprisingly un-excited about these races as I am? The lack of information actually has me dreading this trip.

Is anyone else as surprisingly un-excited about these races as I am? The lack of information actually has me dreading this trip.

I find the lack of info very disappointing, yes. (Not unexpected though)

That said, I'm still excited.

Brian

Right now, I do not expect much to nothing, so I cannot be disappointed. It is there first running event, so I did not expect anything other than this :-)

I too am not surprised being an inaugural event and all. The only info I could use is the course w/aid stations, so I know if I should pack my water belt. I can't wait and am looking forward to all of it!!

I leave tomorrow morning at 04:30 (a bit of the Spanish Riviera before Paris and DLP). At this point, everything will be a surprise to me. A course map wouldn't really be of any benefit to me, as I have never been to DLP. I hope/expect there to be a similar amount of water stops as there are for State side races, if not, I will have to do some on the fly innovating. No matter what the course is, I will be following the people in front of me until I cross the finish line and get the medal hung around my neck.

I leave tomorrow morning at 04:30 (a bit of the Spanish Riviera before Paris and DLP). At this point, everything will be a surprise to me. A course map wouldn't really be of any benefit to me, as I have never been to DLP. I hope/expect there to be a similar amount of water stops as there are for State side races, if not, I will have to do some on the fly innovating. No matter what the course is, I will be following the people in front of me until I cross the finish line and get the medal hung around my neck.
The initial info they gave a few months ago was there was only 3 water stops for the half. Normally Disney has them every 2 miles. I'm hopeful they will modify this...How exciting you're on your way already. I leave Saturday with a few days stopover in New York City. Have fun!

I did a HM this sunday with "only" three waterstops, it is doable.
Of course it's "doable", but not everyone's needs are the same. I get dehydrated and sweat a lot, so if I don't replenish every couple of miles atleast I will be in bad shape (and I'm sure I'm not the only one)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter