2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Got my information. Looking at the Expo it doesn't seem like New Balance will be there (yes I'm obsessed with the runDisney shoes lol) but I did notice there is a large stand 715 with no-one's name listed?? Getting very excited now!

It looks like there are only 4 corals. It's going to be a very tough start.

It reminds me of the way Disneyland in California corrals folks .... large, minimal corrals.

It will be a tight first 3 miles ... but on the plus side, it can't be any worse than the Star Wars 10K and half at Disney World earlier this year (from a tight crowded course perspective)

Brian

Good morning,

I received my useful information for the Run disney, with a supposed link to the waiver. It seems though that there is not link when on the page. I see the minor an medical but no waiver link. Has anybody else encountered this problem?

Is anyone familiar with the terrain of the half marathon course? Is it relatively flat?

It reminds me of the way Disneyland in California corrals folks .... large, minimal corrals.

It will be a tight first 3 miles ... but on the plus side, it can't be any worse than the Star Wars 10K and half at Disney World earlier this year (from a tight crowded course perspective)

Brian
Yikes! You had to remind me of the course gridlock fiasco of the Dark Side Half, didn't you?? On the plus side, it gave me a good, valid excuse for being a slow runner...on the negative side, it kept me from achieving my goal time!

When they give the information for printing our voucher....

Does anyone interpret that we need to print single-sided?
What is the thought?

I did some quick mapping with MapMyRun to check elevation, I couldn't really follow the inside the park parts, but the outer loop of the half looks pretty darn flat. Minimum elevation 350ft, maximum 425 feet.

BIBs have to "Pinned in all four corners", does anyone know from other runDisney races if "Race Number Belts" are allowed anyway?!

My wife and I are running the DLP half on the Sunday morning and staying at one of the Disney hotels. My main concern is fuelling pre-race. Will there be anywhere offering food beforehand? With the race starting at 7am I would like to have had something (porridge or similar) at least an hour before the race. If there isn't anywhere offering food then do you know if there is a fridge in the rooms at Cheyenne?

yes they offer a small meal from 5am - 6.30 am in the hotels

They are in other runDisney races! I think they just don't want your bib to flap up so that the number is always visible.

My thought too ... As much of a 'buy the photo pass to see your photos' as anything else. I'm sure there's a security aspect too though.

Brian

They are in other runDisney races! I think they just don't want your bib to flap up so that the number is always visible.

My thought too ... As much of a 'buy the photo pass to see your photos' as anything else. I'm sure there's a security aspect too though.
So better use the safety pins instead of a belt? Mmhh, I try to figure that out at the expo, but I expect 5 different answers from 3 asked CMs :-D

So better use the safety pins instead of a belt? Mmhh, I try to figure that out at the expo, but I expect 5 different answers from 3 asked CMs :-D

That's a very true statement.

My money says that a belt will be fine. Visible bib is all they're after. Worst case they'll ask you to pin it at the corral.

I wouldn't worry about the pins vs belt. The guide for marathon weekend has also stated bibs must be pinned at all four corners, yet I've never heard of anyone having any problems when wearing a race belt or only using two pins.

How much is the photo package for race weekend? I can't find it anywhere. I have never purchased it before but maybe I will this time because who knows if I'll ever be back to DLP.

Last edited:
How much is the photo package for race weekend? I can't find it anywhere. I have never purchased it before but maybe I will this time because who know if I'll ever be back to DLP.

I can't remember if I have seen it on their Facebook or Twitter page, but it is EUR40 and can be shared between up to 6 people.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter