• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

I actually still haven't eaten my chips/cheese. I went straight for Mickey waffles post-race (even before showering, gross I know). Another food confession: a little later in the day on Sunday, I tried the infamous "School Bread" after riding Frozen Ever After and thought it was terrible.
I'm not into School Bread either. Prefer to keep walking to France for ice cream!

I'm not into School Bread either. Prefer to keep walking to France for ice cream!
The Cronut from the stall in Canada. I looked forward to that for the last 3 miles! So much so that when my friends started talking about Star Wars Light Side at Disneyland the first thing that popped into my head was "But-but- no victory Cronut!"

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 17
The Cronut from the stall in Canada. I looked forward to that for the last 3 miles! So much so that when my friends started talking about Star Wars Light Side at Disneyland the first thing that popped into my head was "But-but- no victory Cronut!"
I could SO go for one of those right now!!

So what did everyone come home with as souvenirs from your trip??

My finisher medal and shirt. I got a new spibelt. I have been wearing them for years. They have a larger one that fits my iPhone 7+ plus I got the small water bottle that clips to the belt. And of course my memories. I thought this was the most friendly year. I traveled solo so chatted to many.

I know this is a long shot. My wife really wanted to do the Princess 5k... but my job as a Tax Accountant with 100 hour work weeks makes that impossible. I wanted to try and find the 5k medal and set up a little 5k virtual type run for us both to do at home, but have not been able to find a medal. If anyone happens to have a spare they want to sell let me know. Would be most appreciated!

I know this is a long shot. My wife really wanted to do the Princess 5k... but my job as a Tax Accountant with 100 hour work weeks makes that impossible. I wanted to try and find the 5k medal and set up a little 5k virtual type run for us both to do at home, but have not been able to find a medal. If anyone happens to have a spare they want to sell let me know. Would be most appreciated!
Or you could both sign up for the Virtual Run Disney series and both get a medal.

What a sweet thing to do! I didn't do the 5K so don't have a medal to offer. However, there are a few of the Princess 5K event items on the Shop Parks app - a pin, hat and two different t-shirts. Good luck finding the medal!

My dd (15) got the 1/2 marathon black tank top (which she likes better than the run shirt as she hates purple), Run Disney Mickey doll, 1/2 marathon mickey ear magnet (pink one), the grey 1/2 marathon headband, and while at the parks sparkly mickey ears and a figment plush (cuz what 15 year old can't live without one, lol). Oh and... she got her Coast to Coast medal rack thing at the expo. She has a once upon a run one but I told her if she did the coast to coast thing I'd get her a second one. She'll add her pink coast to coast to that when does tink.

Lord that kid can shop, lol. I got a WDW and Pop Century Magnet for our fridge.

It was just that specific medal she wanted to make the trip for. I tried to make it work with my schedule but it was impossible. She just supported me through my first half at Wine and Dine and she did the 5k with me and loved it. Just need these runs to all be in fall lol

Or you could both sign up for the Virtual Run Disney series and both get a medal.

I just wanted to say, if any of you said hi to me on the half course - thank you so much!!! I was the red headed curly haired Merida with the #170lbslost on the back of my shirt :lovestruc I had SO many kind, wonderful encouraging people come up and speak to me, and it absolutely made my day! Loved running Princess, it was such a longtime goal for me, I never thought I'd reach it. My first race ever. I'm dragging my husband along for Dark Side next year!!!

Did anyone have friends or relatives using the ChEAR Squad package? Wondering what the blanket was made of and how big. Were the beverages offered free or at another cost? Basically looking for any information I can find to see if it is worth getting DS's GF a package seeing as she will be heading over to the finish area once seeing us off at the start. Don't want her uncomfortable waiting for a few hours.

We got my hubs gold. It is fleece with nylon back, it rolls up like sleeping bag type thing and has carrying strap. They had separate port o pots for them, Coke products, sure they had Hot coffee etc as well. they get special area in MK to watch runners come thru ( it was hub area by statue this year) and separate bleachers near finish line. I'd say it's nice but fact that I'm turtle meant I saw hubs on Main st no problem, I never made it to finish line so can't speak for that area. I just know he met me w ice cold coke which is what I needed at that point. He also got a t shirt and mickey clappers in his pkg. I'd buy for him again if BFF was running also since she is faster he would get more use out of it.

Well Princess weekend is the one weekend (a year!) that I go all out and buy pretty much whatever I want. Lol. I plan for it of course, and I'm a local (live 2 miles from Magic Kingdom )so I don't have the travel expenses most do.

I got too much swag:
Haunted Mansion NB's
New sparkle skirt!
Raw Threads Snow White tank
Princess Half jacket (the mulberry one)
Glass Slipper I Did It tee & tank
Princess Half tank
The tervis tumbler
And I got the Dooney Princess Half letter carrier

Just can't seem to help myself at the Princess Half. Lol.

Well Princess weekend is the one weekend (a year!) that I go all out and buy pretty much whatever I want. Lol. I plan for it of course, and I'm a local (live 2 miles from Magic Kingdom )so I don't have the travel expenses most do.

I got too much swag:
Haunted Mansion NB's
New sparkle skirt!
Raw Threads Snow White tank
Princess Half jacket (the mulberry one)
Glass Slipper I Did It tee & tank
Princess Half tank
The tervis tumbler
And I got the Dooney Princess Half letter carrier

Just can't seem to help myself at the Princess Half. Lol.
you go girl!!!

Came to here from there lol. No single medals. Just a couple full sets

Try searching Facebook for 'rundisneyrun marketplace' - I think that's the name of the group I'm in. Some people sell their medals, but a few give them away too.

Thanks for posting about the merchandise. The "I did it" 5k shirts sold out in front of me at noon the first day of the expo, but I was able to get that, and a magnet I missed, through the app.

I think they put more out on Friday, but I don't know what kind of sizes they had. It's actually available on the Shop Disney Parks app right now

My finisher medal and shirt. I got a new spibelt. I have been wearing them for years. They have a larger one that fits my iPhone 7+ plus I got the small water bottle that clips to the belt. And of course my memories. I thought this was the most friendly year. I traveled solo so chatted to many.

Speaking of SPIbelts, I got a RooSport pocket. Has anyone tried this?

Also, who's planning on being in for 2018? Have we started a new thread yet?

I just wanted to say, if any of you said hi to me on the half course - thank you so much!!! I was the red headed curly haired Merida with the #170lbslost on the back of my shirt :lovestruc I had SO many kind, wonderful encouraging people come up and speak to me, and it absolutely made my day! Loved running Princess, it was such a longtime goal for me, I never thought I'd reach it. My first race ever. I'm dragging my husband along for Dark Side next year!!!

I instagramed a photo of you and the back of your shirt with a #yougogirl! It was my first half too :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter