2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Sorry, I didn't have time to read through this whole thread and a quick search didn't find the answer to my question.

I want to book an Eat to the Beat lunch dining package and have the first concert time. Is there a certain dining time to get the first concert of the night, or some way to do this online? I tried a few times and got both the middle and late show, both with the lunch ADR around the same time. If it matters, I'm trying for Rose and Crown in the ballpark of 2:30-3:00 on a Satruday, and there is a ton of availability but I always get the middle or late show. Do I have to eat earlier, or only do breakfast for the first show? Is there something I just don't realize about which show you are scheduled to see, like the first one doesn't do dining packages? Am I going to have to break down and call :scared1:?!

Looking forward to our upcoming F&W trip August 31-September 5. Group of 4 55+ and 7 mid 20s..
Have a question for all you experts out there...looking for some hidden gems for different areas to have
a meet up place and hang for a bit...all suggestions would be appreciated!!

There are standing tables around the world showcase, but not really seating in most places. Garbage cans are also popular dining surfaces :-)

Thanks, Erika. We're not big fans of standing and eating, but for F&W I guess we will make an exception.

Thanks, Erika. We're not big fans of standing and eating, but for F&W I guess we will make an exception.

The portions are pretty small, maybe 2 or 3 bites for most things, so even if you sat down you'd stand back up pretty quickly when you finish. In this case I prefer standing vs sitting to eat.

How much seating is around for eating F&W food? Do some areas have more tables than others?

In Mexico, you might be able to take your food and drink into the La Cantina sitting area. Sometime they are strict, sometimes they are not.

In Morocco, there is a small seating area across from Spice Road Table. We’ll usually take our Belgian Food here.

Brazil will sometimes have a small area with tables and chairs next to it.

France will have benches located behind their global kitchen. Those benches are there year round, but many people don’t appear to know about them.

Forgot to add that America will have several picnic tables over by their global kitchen. I think those tables are also there year round.

Looking forward to our upcoming F&W trip August 31-September 5. Group of 4 55+ and 7 mid 20s..
Have a question for all you experts out there...looking for some hidden gems for different areas to have

Welcome ntofordisney! You have come to the right spot to get information. Hopefully someone here can point out some places for you.

Are you wondering specifically in EPCOT for Food and Wine or anywhere on property?

In EPCOT:
- La Cava del Tequila in the Mexico Pavillion ... not really a "hidden gem" as it can get really crowded but if you can get a seat it is a neat place
- Tutto Gusto in Italy ... generally pretty quite and a nice place for small plates or dessert and wine
- Spice Road Table in Morocco - usually easy to get a table and good view of Illuminations

Outside of EPCOT:
- Abracadabar at the Boardwalt
- Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Lodge lobby and out side patio just to relax and watch the animals
- California Grill Lounge - no ADR needed and if there is room you can just go up and get a drink/snack and with your receipt you can go back up later to watch fireworks

just some thoughts off the top of my head

In Mexico, you might be able to take your food and drink into the La Cantina sitting area. Sometime they are strict, sometimes they are not.

In Morocco, there is a small seating area across from Spice Road Table. We’ll usually take our Belgian Food here.

Brazil will sometimes have a small area with tables and chairs next to it.

France will have benches located behind their global kitchen. Those benches are there year round, but many people don’t appear to know about them.

Forgot to add that America will have several picnic tables over by their global kitchen. I think those tables are also there year round.

Are you wondering specifically in EPCOT for Food and Wine or anywhere on property?

In EPCOT:
- La Cava del Tequila in the Mexico Pavillion ... not really a "hidden gem" as it can get really crowded but if you can get a seat it is a neat place
- Tutto Gusto in Italy ... generally pretty quite and a nice place for small plates or dessert and wine
- Spice Road Table in Morocco - usually easy to get a table and good view of Illuminations

Outside of EPCOT:
- Abracadabar at the Boardwalt
- Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Lodge lobby and out side patio just to relax and watch the animals
- California Grill Lounge - no ADR needed and if there is room you can just go up and get a drink/snack and with your receipt you can go back up later to watch fireworks

just some thoughts off the top of my head

What time does World Showcase REALLY start to get crowded? We’ve only been during the day- usually getting there right at 11:00. I’d like to stay as long as possible or even go back in the later afternoon as long as the crowds are still manageable. Unfortunately we will be there on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday so that definitely plays a factor into the crowds.
From my personal experience (I have been on pretty much every day at some point)...

Friday will be good until between 4 and 5 when locals get off of work and head over for the evening. A lot of "weekend only" travelers also seem to show around that time.

Saturday will be good until about 12:30 or so. That said, I never found it to get undoable. Some lines were longer then others (hello Canada), but I never waited too long for something.

Sunday will be good until 12:30 or so, but will also lessen as it gets late because locals have to work in the morning.

Again, this is what I have personally experiences to I promise nothing!

From my personal experience (I have been on pretty much every day at some point)...

Friday will be good until between 4 and 5 when locals get off of work and head over for the evening. A lot of "weekend only" travelers also seem to show around that time.

Saturday will be good until about 12:30 or so. That said, I never found it to get undoable. Some lines were longer then others (hello Canada), but I never waited too long for something.

Sunday will be good until 12:30 or so, but will also lessen as it gets late because locals have to work in the morning.

Again, this is what I have personally experiences to I promise nothing!

Thanks for your reply! Last year we were there the same weekend we are going this year. I know we went Friday Saturday and Sunday but we didn’t stay too late into the afternoon. We will try to stay as long as we can but am hoping the crowds don’t get too crazy too early.

Food and Wine Festival possibility coming to Disney Cruise Line? Disney cruise line is currently sending out surveys regarding different themed DCL cruises. One of the options is a Food and Wine Festival themed cruise.

International Food & Wine Theme - Prepare your taste buds for a cruise of worldly culinary delights. Special locations onboard will be serving small plates and beverages from various countries, providing your family with authentic cuisine from iconic destinations.

I'd certainly be interested in this cruise if it was actually offered.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...ey-hints-at-future-themed-day-at-sea-cruises/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter