• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Contemporary Halloween - Oct 2012 PTR -- updated 6/24

Today marked our 180 days until our trip, so that only meant one thing...ADRs!!

I woke up bright (uh...dark) and early at 445am

mmpjs.jpg

and first thing I did was cleared cookies from my computer. Signed into WDW website and at 459am I was able to link my reservation for dining!! I had no idea if I would be one of the lucky ones, or if I would have to call. Thank goodness I was able to do it all online...and be back in bed by 515am!

Oct 17 - Ohana 645pm (I think I am going to shoot for something closer to 6pm so we can get back to our room and hopefully watch fireworks from the balcony)

Oct 18 - Kona 8am

Oct 19 - Via Napoli 745pm

Oct 20 - Chef Mickey 805am (this is our departure day and we will be getting picked up about noon for ME, so we wanted something early)

Got all of our choices, on the days we wanted, pretty much the times we wanted...all in all a good morning!

Congrats on getting all of your ADRs!! Looks like you will be eating at some great places. :thumbsup2 Kona is one of the places I wanted to try for breakfast if and when DH and I ever get to take our adults only trip, so I look forward to reading about it in your TR. :goodvibes

Although, I have to add...yuck at having to get up so early to make them!

Glad you got everything you wanted! Cute picture of Mickey & Minnie! When was that??

The M & M pic was one I found online from leap day. I was trying to find some sort of cutesy pic and this one seemed perfect for the occasion. Not sure who took it, so I dont know who to give credit to. Wish it would've been me, but, no...

Awesome you got what you wanted!!! You had some popular choices in there too!

I was worried about Ohana, but I even had 2 time choices...515 or 645p :) I talked to DH this afternoon and he wants me to just leave it at 645p and not worry about getting one earlier.

Congrats on getting all of your ADRs!! Looks like you will be eating at some great places. :thumbsup2 Kona is one of the places I wanted to try for breakfast if and when DH and I ever get to take our adults only trip, so I look forward to reading about it in your TR. :goodvibes

Although, I have to add...yuck at having to get up so early to make them!

Definately looking forward to Kona!! I dont know I will ever get an adults only trip to WDW, so I think there will be lots of places I never get to try :rotfl:

I plan on doing a combined dining report for the Oct/Dec trips since there will be over 30 restraunts to review...plus F&W :thumbsup2

Came over to your PTR from Facebook!

Yay for getting all your ADRs! I've been to Chef M's and 'Ohana. Haven't been to the others... but I hear nothing but rave reviews about both. DH and I are going to try Via Napoli on our trip... really looking forward to it!

Thank you!

DD loves Monster High dolls! She really wanted Cupid, but I couldnt find her anywhere...and I was not willing to spend $70 online to get it. We are really trying to go "all out" with the Disney theming this year for the kids.

Thank you!!

:wave2: Welcome! Always nice to have someone new following along. How exciting to spend your 40th at WDW! Where are you staying? Thank you for the compliment on my kiddos, they are pretty darn special to us. Again, welcome!

We'll be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge--Kidani Village. Stayed there in Feb for the first time, even though it's our home resort and loved, loved, loved it. Lots to do, which is important since this will be a no parks trip.

Congrats on the ADRs. I'm so glad you could make them online. It was a pain not being able to do so.

Hey, just joining in from the Oct group. Can't believe I haven't read this one yet? Love your movie theme nights...you guys go all out!! I am a little jealous of your back to back Disney trips! That's gonna be awesome!!!! Congrats on your ADR's. And thanks for the heads up on clearing the cookies. That's a great idea. We are staying offsite at WBC so I don't have a reservation number to link, but I am sure that's going to help lots of people who are reading this!

Came over to your PTR from Facebook!

Yay for getting all your ADRs! I've been to Chef M's and 'Ohana. Haven't been to the others... but I hear nothing but rave reviews about both. DH and I are going to try Via Napoli on our trip... really looking forward to it!

:wave2: Welcome! Via Napoli is one that I am REALLY looking forward to! Even though we might be full from F&W snacking, we will share a pizza if nothing else...and really thats all I want to try is the PIZZA!

We'll be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge--Kidani Village. Stayed there in Feb for the first time, even though it's our home resort and loved, loved, loved it. Lots to do, which is important since this will be a no parks trip.

AK was one of the contenders for our Dec trip. It looks like such a lovely resort. I would love to stay there someday.

Congrats on the ADRs. I'm so glad you could make them online. It was a pain not being able to do so.

Hey, just joining in from the Oct group. Can't believe I haven't read this one yet? Love your movie theme nights...you guys go all out!! I am a little jealous of your back to back Disney trips! That's gonna be awesome!!!! Congrats on your ADR's. And thanks for the heads up on clearing the cookies. That's a great idea. We are staying offsite at WBC so I don't have a reservation number to link, but I am sure that's going to help lots of people who are reading this!

We have so much fun with the dinner/movie nights. I write them down on the calendar and my older kids really look forward to seeing what we are doing that month.

After these 2 trips to WDW we are taking a break for a few years to build a house, so I am really trying to cherish them.

I remember reading the trip about clearing cookies on your computer before booking ADRs and it supposedly helps. I dont know if it did or not, but I figured it would only take a moment to do.

Additional ADR added today...​

This afternoon I added 1 more ADR to our trip. I decided to book Ohana bkfst for our Epcot day. I didnt want anything too early because the night before will be MNSSHP, so I booked a 9am ADR. DH and 3 of the kids dont like eggs, but I think there will be enough other stuff on the platter they will eat. I didnt see it on the menu, but I have seen quite a few pics of plates with Mickey waffles too, so I guess you can get those :confused3

I am looking forward to seeing Mickey in the Hawaiian shirt :)

After we are done there, we will head over to Epcot and eventually take on some of the F&W offerings.

April dinner & movie nights​

April 6 - Swiss Family Robinson (DH pick) - Baked chicken, organic brown rice, green beans, fruit coctail, banana pudding

April 7 - Phineas and Ferb Across the Second Dimension - no special meal, just an extra movie we all watched together on one of the Disney channels

April 14 - Snow White (my pick) - Brats, potato pancakes, German potato salad, homemade apple crisp

100_0955.jpg

100_0958.jpg

April 28 - Up - Cheeseburgers, sweet potato fries, Wilderness Explorer baked beans, grape soda, vanilla ice cream with chocolate bars

100_1029.jpg

Harper and her bottlecap "pin"

100_1031.jpg

2 movies planned for May...Finding Nemo and 101 Dalmations.

I thought the Ohana breakfast was Lilo & Stitch. Mickey's part of it too? Love your movie nights :)

Costumes...costumes...costumes!!! So, the kids costumes have been purchased for several months now :cool1:, and I originally planned on just wearing a Halloween Mickey shirt I had purchased months back...then, just in the last month I really gave it some thought and decided I wanted to do a costume.

Originally, I thought about going as Cheshire Cat since it would go with DD costume (Mad Hatter). I didnt like any of the "ready-made" costumes out there, so I figured I could just buy the ears and tail, wear a white t-shirt, pink shorts and some pink and white striped tights. :ccat:

Now I am re-thinking...I found a cute Queen of Hearts costume

queenofhearts.jpg

I would wear black leggings or something with it and black Converse type tennis shoes with it.

Not sure what I want to do...

In other related news, DH has said he will wear a costume!! My jaw about fell to the floor when he told me that. He is going to do something more along the lines of the boys (pirates). Not sure what he will come up with, but knowing him, he wont even begin looking until Oct. But hey, its major progress.

DH has also said he would like our next WDW trip in a few years to be during Star Wars weekends. He wants the little boys to be out of strollers, so it would be a few years, plus we are planning on building a house...but he has given me an idea of a time he wants to go back. Its not a definate date, but I know there is more WDW in our future.

I love reading about movie nights- such a fun way to pass the time till a trip.

Woo-hoo for costumes for you and DH! That Queen of Hearts costumes is so cute- I love it!

I love reading about movie nights- such a fun way to pass the time till a trip.

Woo-hoo for costumes for you and DH! That Queen of Hearts costumes is so cute- I love it!

I thought it was super cute too! Its so hard finding womens costumes that arent too revealing, so I figured by putting some capri leggings with it, it would work better for WDW.

I think that costume would look totally cute with some leggings and Converse shoes!

I couldn't get my DH to wear a costume to the Halloween party no matter how hard I tried! So props to your hubby! :thumbsup2

I think that costume would look totally cute with some leggings and Converse shoes!

I couldn't get my DH to wear a costume to the Halloween party no matter how hard I tried! So props to your hubby! :thumbsup2

Ok good, I'm glad someone else thinks it would look cute with leggings and Converse :)

I literally almost fell out of my chair when DH said he would wear a costume of some sort. We were out at dinner for our Anniversary and I think he had already finished one beer, so maybe thats where it came from...I dont care, he brought it up and said he would do it! :rotfl:

I think it will look super cute with leggings! It is so hard to find a womans costume that is not revealing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter