A Contemporary Halloween - Oct 2012 PTR -- updated 6/24

Sounds like a great day! Chef Mickey's is so much fun, I'm sure the kids will love it.

Yay for MNSSHP! I can't wait to see the parade. I think my favorite part is the HM section. I know Boo to You will be stuck in my head the entire trip after that.

We've never been to CM, so I'm looking forward to trying it. I think it will be fun for the kids.

I have heard so many good things about Boo to You and Hallo Wishes!! I cant wait to see them for myself!!

I :love: 'Ohana. I think it is my favorite dinner. It will be so nice to head over on the monorail, so convient.

Even more convient is eating at Chef Mickey's while staying at the CR.:banana:How cool is that?

I love the costumes for the kids. I really like the Mickey t-shirt from Target. I don't remember seeing that one.

Amazing that all of your kids goobled up the fish you made with Mary Poppins. My DH and DD won't touch fish with a 10 foot pole. My cooking options are severly limited.

I can't wait to see what you have in store for March Disney nights.

I'm hoping we can get the Ohana ADR...and then hoping to get another one in Dec!

The Mickey t-shirt from Target I found online. I thought it was super cute, so I had to get it!!

We started eating fish in the last year or so, luckily my older kids love Tilapia and Salmon, so we cook it quite frequently.

I'll post the March movie nights at the end of the month/first part of April. We have 1 tonight, and then another 1 in 2 weeks.

I love the Disney Movie nights! Do you own all the movies or are you renting?

Someone in a previous post asked about Disney Store sales on TShirts... they are currently on sale! $8/kids, $12/adults!

I love the Disney Movie nights! Do you own all the movies or are you renting?

Someone in a previous post asked about Disney Store sales on TShirts... they are currently on sale! $8/kids, $12/adults!

Thank you! We own quite a few Disney movies, but the others we just rent from Netflix.

Thanks for the info on the Disney Store sale. I am trying to avoid their website right now...seems like I spend too much money there :rotfl:

Day two looks great!!! So does your meal choices!! We're looking forward to doing the Chef Mickey....we've been told its the closest in comparison to Goofy's Kitchen at Disneyland....which is a family favorite!!

So a lot of talk about Ohana.....is this a difficult meal to reserve?? We're hoping to do it as a breakfast.

Day two looks great!!! So does your meal choices!! We're looking forward to doing the Chef Mickey....we've been told its the closest in comparison to Goofy's Kitchen at Disneyland....which is a family favorite!!

So a lot of talk about Ohana.....is this a difficult meal to reserve?? We're hoping to do it as a breakfast.

Goofy's Kitchen is one I have been looking at as a possibility for DL...it sounds fun!

We have never done CM, so I want to give it a try for bkfst...especially with us staying at CR, it would be so easy to get to.

Ohana is a tough ADR to get...both for bkfst and dinner. It is very popular. I am really putting the pixie dust magic to the test and hoping for an ADR in Oct and Dec!!

Goofy's Kitchen is one I have been looking at as a possibility for DL...it sounds fun!

We have never done CM, so I want to give it a try for bkfst...especially with us staying at CR, it would be so easy to get to.

Ohana is a tough ADR to get...both for bkfst and dinner. It is very popular. I am really putting the pixie dust magic to the test and hoping for an ADR in Oct and Dec!!

We'll have to cross our fingers for each other on Ohana......hopefully we both get a ressie!!!

Goofy's Kitchen can be a lot of fun...but like any restaurant.....we've had some off days there as well. We've gone and seen 7-8 characters and we've gone and only seen 4. It's the biggest buffet offered and can be pretty loud & busy.

A small character meal that has become our favorite is the Surf's Up with Mickey at the Paradise Pier Hotel. The buffet offers different choices in foods that aren't found at the other character meals. Its a smaller place & further away from the parks, so not as well attended. The characters sometimes come around more than once....just depends on the crowd size. This is the only meal the Mickey and Stitch are at. This is just a fun one where they get the kids up dancing, hula hooping or surfing.

I LOVE the Disneyland Character meals!! the only one I am not a huge fan of is Storyteller's Critter Breakfast.

The Plaza!! So many characters! Basic food but still good!

Surf's up! Great food! Fun Characters! Found Stitch and Daisy!!!

Goofy's Kitchen! Peanut Butter Pizza... need I say more?!?!

Haven't been to Ariels...

As far as WDW I am also trying for 'Ohana but for dinner!!! Character meals I am planning on at WDW are Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and 1900 Park Fare, all for breakfast! Except also planning Tusker House for lunch on a second day ay AK!

As far as WDW I am also trying for 'Ohana but for dinner!!! Character meals I am planning on at WDW are Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and 1900 Park Fare, all for breakfast! Except also planning Tusker House for lunch on a second day ay AK!

We are hoping for all of those for our Dec trip...CP bkst, TH bkfst & lunch (different days) and 1900 PF dinner. I love character meals!

Sorry I have been MIA to this PTR for the last month or so, but things have been super hectic this month!! DH & I have been working out really hard. We are almost finished with our 4th week of Insanity. Its a 9 week program and when we did it last time, we both got injured about 6 weeks in and never got back with it. This time around we are being very vigilant and following the schedule to a "T". When we finish the program we are rewarding ourselves with a trip to Las Vegas sometime in May or June (depending on when we can get our hotel, decent airfare and of course a family member to come stay with the kids for the weekend).

This month we also had Harper's birthday. She turned 9!!

The kids (and DH) had Spring Break this month. We didnt do anything special, but it was fun spending time with the kids.

We have had 3 movie nights this month. I will post pics of those in the next day or so...PROMISE!! I have the pics uploading to the camera as I type this!

Between soccer and dance we are staying very busy with Hunter and Harper. Our typical week consists of soccer Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat and dance on Tues, Wed. Dance schedule is only going to get more hectic during April as its the final month before Spring recital.

DH and I have been doing a lot of talking recently about our living situation. Our house is too small for the 6 of us, but finding a 5 or 6 bedroom home in our town is impossible! The closest city to where homes that size are available are a good hour drive from us...and thats not going to work with DH job. So...we have decided to get these WDW trips done with in Oct and Dec, and then focus all of our time, energy and money into building a house. I am super excited about this, however...it means probably a few years before we can get back to WDW or even DL, and that makes me sad. :sad1: I know it will all be worth it in the end, but boy oh boy will that be a long wait!

201 days until Oct trip...21 days until I can make ADRs...263 days until Dec trip :cool1:

Good job sticking with Insanity! I gave up on P90X a while ago... Tony Horton was annoying me and I was literally swearing out loud at him! Hahaha

But I have been doing the elliptical and weights on my own, and I am going to try running again. So it's not all bad. Heehee

Good job sticking with Insanity! I gave up on P90X a while ago... Tony Horton was annoying me and I was literally swearing out loud at him! Hahaha

But I have been doing the elliptical and weights on my own, and I am going to try running again. So it's not all bad. Heehee

I crack up watching the P90X clips at the end of the Insanity videos. Tony Horton reminds me of Jim Carrey.

Building a house is SUPER exciting but not going to DIsney will kinda suck! Maybe you could squeak in a short trip. ;)

My Dh LOVES P90X. He really likes Tony Horton too. Enough that we bought the 10 minute trainer too! Sometimes he is anoying but I think it is because it is like an HOUR work out and he NEVER STOPS TALKING. In the 10 minute trainer videos I find him funny. :) (But it is only 10 minutes) Good for you being active and then giving yourself a great reward!

I am so excited for May! Air fare comes out and party tickets!!!!!!!

Good luck with the workouts! I started using My Fitness Pal on my iPhone to track my calorie intake, and started doing Zumba 2-3 days a week with friends from work. I had lost a ton of weight after having DS while I was breastfeeding, and I got used to eating absolutely whatever I wanted and not gaining an ounce. As soon as I stopped bf'ing, the weight started piling on, and it was not pretty! A trip to Vegas is definitely a good motivator. :thumbsup2

Also, good luck with the house building. :goodvibes It will just be more rewarding When you are all settled in that brand new house and you get to take your first trip back to WDW afterwards.

Building a house is SUPER exciting but not going to DIsney will kinda suck! Maybe you could squeak in a short trip. ;)

My Dh LOVES P90X. He really likes Tony Horton too. Enough that we bought the 10 minute trainer too! Sometimes he is anoying but I think it is because it is like an HOUR work out and he NEVER STOPS TALKING. In the 10 minute trainer videos I find him funny. :) (But it is only 10 minutes) Good for you being active and then giving yourself a great reward!

I am so excited for May! Air fare comes out and party tickets!!!!!!!

I am SOOOO ready for those MVMCP dates to be released!! I am dying to know if we will be able to get to the last party!!

Good luck with the workouts! I started using My Fitness Pal on my iPhone to track my calorie intake, and started doing Zumba 2-3 days a week with friends from work. I had lost a ton of weight after having DS while I was breastfeeding, and I got used to eating absolutely whatever I wanted and not gaining an ounce. As soon as I stopped bf'ing, the weight started piling on, and it was not pretty! A trip to Vegas is definitely a good motivator. :thumbsup2

Also, good luck with the house building. :goodvibes It will just be more rewarding When you are all settled in that brand new house and you get to take your first trip back to WDW afterwards.

I use My Fitness Pal too! Love that app!! I am doing Insanity and watching my diet in hopes of toning up mostly.

I agree that it will be super rewarding to be settled in the new house and taking that first trip back to WDW in a few years.

With my ADR date being just under 3 weeks away, I am really looking at my few ADRs and making those final tweaks.

I know Ohana will be a super hard one to get for arrival night (or any night :lmao:) so if for some reason it cant happen :sad2:, we will head over to WL and eat at Whispering Canyon.

wcc.jpg

wcc1.jpg

We have never been here, but I know its supposed to be a fun place, and while its no Ohana, I know I need to have another option.

DISNEY COMMERCIAL ON TV...maybe its a sign I will get Ohana!!

Ok, back to ADRs...

Our MK day I had originally planned on CM, however, DH would rather do Kona that morning and do CM on our departure day b/c he thinks it would be easier...ok, whatever, we can do that. He pretty much gives me free reign and he DID agree to this bonus trip, so, thats the new plan.

kona.jpg

Our Epcot day will mostly be F&W, but for dinner we would like to eat at Via Napoli. Even if we arent terribly hungry, we could just share a pizza. This meal will be OOP.

vianapoli.jpg

Departure day will now be CM

chefmickey.jpg

Thats it...shouldnt take too long to book them, but I do plan on being online as soon as I can book them (hopefully...I always read about people having issues booking!!)

So exciting that you're getting close to making your ADR's!!! Are you doing them online or going to call in?? Which would you suggest for us on the West Coast?? I'm really freaking out about making the ADR's and not getting what we want. Which ones do you think are the hardest to get??

With my ADR date being just under 3 weeks away, I am really looking at my few ADRs and making those final tweaks.

I know Ohana will be a super hard one to get for arrival night (or any night :lmao:) so if for some reason it cant happen :sad2:, we will head over to WL and eat at Whispering Canyon.

wcc.jpg

wcc1.jpg

We have never been here, but I know its supposed to be a fun place, and while its no Ohana, I know I need to have another option.

DISNEY COMMERCIAL ON TV...maybe its a sign I will get Ohana!!

Ok, back to ADRs...

Our MK day I had originally planned on CM, however, DH would rather do Kona that morning and do CM on our departure day b/c he thinks it would be easier...ok, whatever, we can do that. He pretty much gives me free reign and he DID agree to this bonus trip, so, thats the new plan.

kona.jpg

Our Epcot day will mostly be F&W, but for dinner we would like to eat at Via Napoli. Even if we arent terribly hungry, we could just share a pizza. This meal will be OOP.

vianapoli.jpg

Departure day will now be CM

chefmickey.jpg

Thats it...shouldnt take too long to book them, but I do plan on being online as soon as I can book them (hopefully...I always read about people having issues booking!!)

My ADR date is in 16 days!! EEkss!!!

I love your plans! I've been hearing wonderful things about via Nappoli! makes me want to heat there but I just can't find room!!!

Hi!

Great ADR choices :thumbsup2 we loved Kona Cafe a few trips ago.. and Whispering Canyon Cafe is really good fun! :goodvibes my (now) husband and I were sat just outside the main dining room when we ate there - I thought maybe the servers played around with families and groups more, but our server ("Foxy Roxy"!) was so much fun - she noticed my 'Just Engaged' button and demanded to see my engagement ring, and called over some other servers to look at it too!
The bottomless skillet was delicious - good value as there is so much food, all you can eat! :cutie:

Our October ADR day is April 10th, can't wait to get booking!

Emma princess: x

We're hoping to get an Ohana ADR too, but they are always so hard to get

We are hoping for Ohana in Oct and Dec. Here's hoping we both get those ressies!!

So exciting that you're getting close to making your ADR's!!! Are you doing them online or going to call in?? Which would you suggest for us on the West Coast?? I'm really freaking out about making the ADR's and not getting what we want. Which ones do you think are the hardest to get??

Online if possible. You can book online at 6am EST, otherwise you have to wait until 7am EST to call.

As far as the ADRs that are the hardest to get...
Ohana (B or D)
CRT (although I have seen quite a bit of availability everytime I play around on the dining site)
Akershus
Chef Mickey
Tusker House (B or D)
Crystal Palace (if trying to get pre-park opening ADR)

The new booking policy seems to be making it a little bit easier to get some of those ADRs these days as I have been reading on the boards lately.

My ADR date is in 16 days!! EEkss!!!

I love your plans! I've been hearing wonderful things about via Nappoli! makes me want to heat there but I just can't find room!!!

I am so excited about Via Napoli! I have been wanting to eat there for a while. We are also planning on it again in Dec, so I really hope we like it.

Yea for ADRs in 16 days! Do you have all your choices picked out?

Hi!

Great ADR choices :thumbsup2 we loved Kona Cafe a few trips ago.. and Whispering Canyon Cafe is really good fun! :goodvibes my (now) husband and I were sat just outside the main dining room when we ate there - I thought maybe the servers played around with families and groups more, but our server ("Foxy Roxy"!) was so much fun - she noticed my 'Just Engaged' button and demanded to see my engagement ring, and called over some other servers to look at it too!
The bottomless skillet was delicious - good value as there is so much food, all you can eat! :cutie:

Our October ADR day is April 10th, can't wait to get booking!

Emma princess: x

I have heard WCC is so much fun. I know my kids will ask for ketchup b/c they always do when we are out to eat. I am not planning on telling them what will happen. Even if we do get lucky enough for that Ohana ADR, we are still planning on WCC in Dec.

Kona...looks delish! I want the Tonga Toast, DH wants the macadamia pancakes!

Yea for your ADR date being right around the corner!! Hope you get all your choices!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter