A Contemporary Halloween - Oct 2012 PTR -- updated 6/24

We have all 4 kids MNSSHP costumes now! I feel so much better knowing I dont have to worry about finding them later on.

Hunter's costume & daytime t-shirt for MK day of party

100_0580.jpg

100_0534.jpg

Harper's costume & daytime t-shirt for MK day of party

100_0530.jpg

100_0535.jpg

Jaxon's costume & daytime t-shirts for MK day of party (Jaxon has Buzz)

068.jpg

006.jpg

Evan's costume & daytime t-shirt for MK day of party (Evan has Woody in pic above)

100_0529.jpg

My t-shirt to wear during MNSSHP

100_0533.jpg

Thanks!

All the t-shirts EXCEPT for Harper's MM mummy bling t-shirt were purchased from Disney Store website. The mummy t-shirt was purchased from Target website.

Wow....I guess I should look at those 2 websites more often......really love those shirts!! I'm assuming you bought them big?? I got to thinking, that October is still 8mos away & that could mean a lot of growing..... :rotfl:

Wow....I guess I should look at those 2 websites more often......really love those shirts!! I'm assuming you bought them big?? I got to thinking, that October is still 8mos away & that could mean a lot of growing..... :rotfl:

Yes, I bought them big. Jaxon, Evan & Harper's are all a full size bigger. Hunter's t-shirt is a mens small. Had to size up on the costumes too.

I ALWAYS find awesome stuff on Disney store website. I bought several shirts for the kids for our Dec trip just a couple weeks ago. I am packing them into a container and will wash and pack them when it gets closer to time. I am going to post them in my Dec PTR here in the coming weeks.

Looks like your DL trip is just a few days away!! Hope you have an awesome time!! Cant wait to hear about it :)

Yes, I bought them big. Jaxon, Evan & Harper's are all a full size bigger. Hunter's t-shirt is a mens small. Had to size up on the costumes too.

I ALWAYS find awesome stuff on Disney store website. I bought several shirts for the kids for our Dec trip just a couple weeks ago. I am packing them into a container and will wash and pack them when it gets closer to time. I am going to post them in my Dec PTR here in the coming weeks.

Looks like your DL trip is just a few days away!! Hope you have an awesome time!! Cant wait to hear about it :)

I get emails all the time from the Disney store.....but I don't go check it out too often. Will start watching a little closer now!!

Yup the trip is almost here......I really need this to bring a little happiness into my heart again.....it's been a rough month & when I get back.....the hard times will continue with Michayla's surgery....but I should be recharged & ready to take it on!!!

If you get an email about tees being on sale on the Disney website please post here and let us know. I always seem to miss those sales! Like the 2 for $20!!! ;)

I get emails all the time from the Disney store.....but I don't go check it out too often. Will start watching a little closer now!!

Yup the trip is almost here......I really need this to bring a little happiness into my heart again.....it's been a rough month & when I get back.....the hard times will continue with Michayla's surgery....but I should be recharged & ready to take it on!!!

I know its been a tough month for you and with her surgery coming up...have a great time at DL and get refreshed.

If you get an email about tees being on sale on the Disney website please post here and let us know. I always seem to miss those sales! Like the 2 for $20!!! ;)

Will do!

Over the next few posts I will be sharing our plans for this trip.

Day 1 - Oct 17​

So, this is our travel day. Since we live an hour from the airport, we will actually drive in the night before and stay in a hotel. Remember, this trip is a suprise for the kids, so we are telling them we have to go tour a school where DH is looking at doing his doctorate from. We will let them know they will be missing school on the 17th. Fall break starts the
18th, so this is the only day they will be missing.

We will get the earliest flight (fingers crossed...still havent purchased our tickets, but SW just recently released those days, so we will get them soon). Anyways, that flight gets in just before noon, or the next one gets in at 145. This will be the little boys first time flying. Anyways, arriving early to MCO hopefully. Still keeping the kids in the dark about what is going on, we will head to the ME counter. At this point they will probably figure it out. We wont tell them anything about the hotel. Then again, even if they saw the name "Contemporary Resort", I dont know for sure they would really know which one that is...they always call it "the one with the monorail running through it". Even if they do know which hotel it is, no biggie, we will have made it this far and they still wont know anything about or plans.

So, arrive at CR. I think the kids will be in awe over the theme park view room. At this point I would like to let the kids go swim for a bit, since we arent sure if they will be able to much in Dec since those temps are all over the place!! We will probably grab something to snack on at this point too.

Dinner plans...hopefully we can get an ADR at Ohana...around 630pm-ish.

ohana.jpg

When finished we will probably watch wishes from Poly beach or go back to our room and watch from our balcony. Touring Plans shows has them starting at 9pm that evening.

We will head off to bed early as the next day will be a long one.

I love that you're surprising your kids. I want to do that one day when I have kids. :)

We're doing the same thing as you - driving to the airport the night before. It's about a 90 minute drive but involves crossing two bridges and traffic can come to a standstill if there's an accident or something. It's less stressful to drive out the night before and stay right by the airport!

I love that you're surprising your kids. I want to do that one day when I have kids. :)

We're doing the same thing as you - driving to the airport the night before. It's about a 90 minute drive but involves crossing two bridges and traffic can come to a standstill if there's an accident or something. It's less stressful to drive out the night before and stay right by the airport!

I totally agree its much less stressful to drive in early when you live far away from the airport or are flying out of a further airport.

We are super excited to have this suprise for them!!

What a fun surprise!! Your boys are going to be SO excited!! Sounds like a great way to kick off the trip. :thumbsup2

February dinner & movie nights!!

Feb 3 - Mary Poppins - I made a healthier version of fish and chips. The fish was baked in a cornflake mixture instead of fried, and the chips were sweet potato fries. This meal was a hit! Everyone loved the fish!! For dessert I made Supercalifragilisticexpealadocious (I know that is spelled WAY wrong!!) cake. I hadnt made this cake in a while and it was ammmmazing! The older kids liked the movie, they had never seen it.

Feb 10 - Lady & the Tramp - Spaghetti & Meatballs, Ciabatta garlic bread, ricotta cheesecake (I had never made this dessert...it was just OK). Jaxon & Evan enjoyed the movie for a while, but then started getting antsy once it got close to bedtime.

100_0581.jpg

Feb 11 - Mickey & Minnie Sweetheart Stories - Red Velvet cupcakes w/ cream cheese frosting. Since we had just done a movie night the day before, this one was just dessert.

Feb 17 - Princess & the Frog - this one was in honor of Mardi Gras the following week. I made Gumbo, sweet cornbread and we purchased a Kings Cake from a bakery in Louisiana. We have done this meal for the last 3 years on Fat Tuesday, so it was a bit strange to do this several days earlier than normal, but the food was perfect for the movie!

Gumbo

071.jpg

Kings Cake & plates I purchased

070.jpg

Tiana & Naveen with the Kings Cake

072.jpg

We have 3 movies planned for March!!

I just love your movie nights! So awesome you do that for your kids. I hope to do it someday when aria gets older.

Your first day sounds awesome! So excited for your kids lol! What an amazing surprise. A day at CR sounds great, and dinner at Ohana! Hope you can get it! Whats your back up just in case?

I just love your movie nights! So awesome you do that for your kids. I hope to do it someday when aria gets older.

Your first day sounds awesome! So excited for your kids lol! What an amazing surprise. A day at CR sounds great, and dinner at Ohana! Hope you can get it! Whats your back up just in case?

We have so much fun with the movie nights!!

Its SOOOO hard to keep this trip a suprise! And I know it wont get any easier as the months go on!!

Honestly I dont have a backup for Ohana :rolleyes1. I am just holding my breath that we get it. Off the top of my head, I would say WC maybe...or perhaps CM.

Day 2 - Oct 18​

This will be our first day in the parks and the little boys first WDW visit, so we have to do some traditional Disney stuff to get this day started out right...first breakfast, then off to MK!!

Since we are staying at CR, I am hoping to get an early bkfst ADR (730a) at Chef Mickey.

chefmickey.jpg

Eating here will let the boys see some characters and we can see how they do.

Touring Plans is prediciting AM EMH for MK this morning, so we will miss that, but hopefully we can get to the park by 930a. The park crowds are predicted to be pretty low, so I am hoping that holds true. First things first, I want to take the boys to ride :dumbo:. That ride just SCREAMS Disney to me!! We will just kind of play it by ear and see how lines are for rides. We will let Hunter & Harper pick a few rides they want to do. I know Hunter is dying to go on Space Mtn this time around (it was broke down the last time we were at MK).

Evan is our little short-stuff, so I dont know for sure he will make that 40" mark by Oct, but Jaxon is 39.5" right now, so I know he will. Thankfully there are quite a few attractions without height restrictions at MK.

After we have been at MK for a few hours, we will head back to CR and grab some lunch at Contempo. Afterwards, we will let Hunter & Harper swim,

goofypool.gif

and try and get the little boys to take a nap.

We will get the kiddos dressed in their costumes and about 5pm, we will head back to MK because tonight should be MNSSHP!! We will grab some dinner before the party...not 100% where, we will see what everyone wants. We have eaten at Pecos Bill before and enjoyed that, so that might be where we end up again. I dont want to use up party time eating dinner, so I want us to get that out of the way.

As far as the party goes, I would love for Harper to get her pic with either Alice, Queen of Hearts or Mad Hatter (remember, she is going as Mad Hatter). Would love for the boys to get their pic with either Jack Sparrow or Captain Hook (remember they are all going as pirate:).

We HAVE to see the parade...

mnsshp1.jpg

Cant wait to see this guy...

mnsshp.jpg

And I am super excited to see Hallo Wishes

mnsshp2.jpg

Dont really want to do any rides during the party, but I do want to ride HM at some point. Definately want to get those spooky Photopass pics near HM too!!

I definately want to see Mickey & Minnie in their Halloween costumes and get pics with them.

I think the little boys might enjoy the dance party with Woody, Jessie and Bullseye, so we might stop in there for a few minutes too.

We will try and stick it out as late as possible. I know the little boys will crash in the stroller at some point in the evening, but hopefully we can stay at big longer after they do.

Tomorrow, Epcot & F&W day...

I'll be writing that update in the coming days.

Sounds like a great day! Chef Mickey's is so much fun, I'm sure the kids will love it.

Yay for MNSSHP! I can't wait to see the parade. I think my favorite part is the HM section. I know Boo to You will be stuck in my head the entire trip after that.

I :love: 'Ohana. I think it is my favorite dinner. It will be so nice to head over on the monorail, so convient.

Even more convient is eating at Chef Mickey's while staying at the CR.:banana:How cool is that?

I love the costumes for the kids. I really like the Mickey t-shirt from Target. I don't remember seeing that one.

Amazing that all of your kids goobled up the fish you made with Mary Poppins. My DH and DD won't touch fish with a 10 foot pole. My cooking options are severly limited.

I can't wait to see what you have in store for March Disney nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter