A story of renewed hope & the power of Dis

I haven't stepped onto WDW property since March for a variety of reasons
I have also sadly neglected this whole thread Is anyone still here ? It's been
a tough couple of months for me & Aunt Mary not going to go into all that now

BUT

Big birthday celebration for me and wild horses couldn't keep us from celebrating it without going to Chef Mickeys I mean we have celebrated so many birthdays & anniversaries there so I am not about to mess with tradition

Fred's home time has already been approved and since he never gets home when he is promised I set up the ADR for my actual birthday and the night before he goes back out on the road I miss Pluto

Reservation Detail

Reservation for 2 Guests on Saturday Sep 6, 2014
Chef Mickey's
9:20 PM - Dinner
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Your Dining Party

Ruthie pluto:

Fred :donald:

I am still here. :thumbsup2

That is going to be a very special birthday celebration for you and Fred that night.

Oh thank you my friend Don't suppose I could talk you into that LONG round trip
to help us celebrate :drive: Hmmmm ? Perfect time for you two to finally meet too !

YAY! You're back posting on this thread.....and what an update.

That sounds like great plans for your birthday. Good move to make the ADR for when he actually will be home.

I hope Ed makes it as well. :thumbsup2

Sorry you've had a difficult time lately. :hug:

I'm so glad you're back! I can't believe I haven't talked to you in so long! Carrie just asked me yesterday about you!!

Oh thank you my friend Don't suppose I could talk you into that LONG round trip
to help us celebrate :drive: Hmmmm ? Perfect time for you two to finally meet too !

Just checked and the 6th is on a Saturday. :woohoo:party:

As long as everything in my background remains good I will be there.

Just checked and the 6th is on a Saturday. :woohoo:party:

As long as everything in my background remains good I will be there.

Chef Mickey's
Saturday, September 6, 2014 (9:15 PM, Dinner)
Confirmation Number:
Reservation Details
Dining Party: 4 Guests
Character Dining
Select Disney Dining Plans Accepted
Credit Card Guarantee Required
Your reservation for Chef Mickey's at 9:20 PM has been cancelled.

:yay::cheer2: So glad you'll be there !

YAY! You're back posting on this thread.....and what an update.

That sounds like great plans for your birthday. Good move to make the ADR for when he actually will be home.

I hope Ed makes it as well. :thumbsup2

Sorry you've had a difficult time lately. :hug:

princess::upsidedow Wish you all could be here but Ed will be coming :goodvibes just cancelled the first ADR and got the same just a 5 min difference It's all good we've had a rough few years but keep on keeping on

I'm so glad you're back! I can't believe I haven't talked to you in so long! Carrie just asked me yesterday about you!!

Oh Ruth It has been way too long and so much to catch up on ! Has Carrie kept up with her PTR ? Did I lose it somehow ? How are the girls & you ?
When are you coming again : Dates ?

Cake Cake must have cake So I got it into my head to send an email yesterday Sunday night and pixiedust:super FAST response This is all coming together !

WDW Contemporary Cake Order
7:26 AM (29 minutes ago)

to me
Hi Ruthie, we would be happy to assist you. Do you have a theme or special Character in mind for the decorations?

Thank you,

Donald Joiner
Cake Decorator
Disney Contemporary Resort
Walt Disney World
*This email is intended for quote purposes only and does not serve as a cake order. To place your physical cake order please call our cake hotline at 407-824-2955 for Contemporary, Ft. Wilderness and Wilderness lodge and a cast member will assist you with placing your order. For Magic Kingdom please email your order to MagicKingdomCakes@disney.com.

Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2014 11:14 AM
To: WDW Contemporary Cake Order
Subject: Would like some info please

Ruthie XXXXXX
7:52 AM (3 minutes ago)

to WDW
Good Morning Donald,

Not really but Pluto is my absolute favorite character ( and his birthday is the day before mine maybe it's fate :-) He's older of course !

Would love to hear your creative thoughts Thanks too for super fast response

To Be Continued :).....:rotfl2: Do I have a special character in mind ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several emails and a phone call later it was taken out of everyone's hands. You could hear a pin drop in the Private Dining Planning area when coming down the hall sounded familiar footsteps Could it Be ? Yes around the corner the first thing anyone saw was a large black shoe : ( I heard all this from a little birdie I think it was the Orange Bird )

Waving a whisk in the air he stated : " I got this I know EXACTLY what to do Now please keep Pluto out of my kitchen while I do a practice run He thinks he can cook but he will probably lick the bowls No good No good keep him busy "

:) It was an excellent day ! You did know Mickey talks right ;)

Hello my friend! I told you I would log on, if only to say hello to your thread...and... here I am. As you know I am so over the top happy you are going to CM for your bday celebration. And how wonderful Ed will be joining you!

I have been MIA from the disboards for awhile. Life has stuff going on around me, but almost all good. Just busy. I am going to try to atleast catch up on some of you alls reports, but will most likely not be commenting as time is of the essence around here lately.

Please know you all are always in my prayers.

Thanks Ruthie for the update. (and allowing me a minute to apologize to everyone for my absence.).

Been busy here and falling behind on everyone's reports. Im glad to hear you are going to brave setting foot on property. Why mess with tradition?

So glad you are updating again! And I can't wait for your CM birthday dinner and the Mickey-created cake!! :woohoo:

Good to see you all here... and for understanding my comings and goings ..

Oh the cake is going to be over the top for me anyway. As we were talking about it, Fred and I, we can't really remember when one of us had a birthday that was actually celebrated on the date. Some years lately not even really much of an acknowledgement at all for one reason or another. We have made a bigger deal over the dogs & Maxine's birthday :rotfl:

This one is a big one so it's not going by without some fun. :goodvibes

Here is a picture of what Mickey (and the wonderful cake decorator Donald ;) ) came up with and of course I flipped ! :faint:

I'm sure the 10 year old named on the cake was excited on his day but I have 5 more decades on him and I will be ECSTATIC !! on mine :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter