A trip full of Triple Stay / Annual Pass / VIPassholder Fun - A Late Feb/Early March Trip

I do think the magic of Animal Kingdom is in the details all around the park! I love it.
Agreed!
So, we headed over to my other favorite place in Animal Kingdom, Thirsty River Bar & Trek Snacks!

It was 12:30, so I figured it was ok to get my favorite drink!

Himalayan Ghost
Snow Leopard Vodka, Guava and odwalla® Lemonade
That sounds delicious!
I think this show gets over shadowed by the Lion King Show. It is equally amazing and def worth seeing!
We have this booked for July so I am so happy to hear a positive review of it.
And then we moved on and almost immediatly ran into this new character!
Love Kevin!!!
We watched Kevin for a little bit and then moved on. And stopped at the Tree of Life!
Sweet!
And I of course I had to get my
Mo'ara Margarita
Sauza Conmemorativo Añejo Tequila with Strawberry and Blood Orange flavors topped with Strawberry Boba Balls
Also yum!
But we headed out and were on our way, when the bus driver got on the speaker and said "Folks, I took a wrong turn." Morgan whipped her head around to me and the look on her face. oye! It was half REALLY? How could he do that and half Oh No we are going to be late. I re-assured her we were fine.
poor Morgan!
We took in the lobby as we headed down for dinner at BOMA! We checked in and waited. It was super chaotic, as the restaurant was literally just opening up.
Love Boma! I have only eaten breakfast there but dinner is on my list.
We spotted this near Flame Tree BBQ. And stopped only long enough to take a quick pic.
I saw one of those in DinoLand. Love those CM created Hidden Mickeys!
Morgan apparently endorces the Yeti Brand!
Fun!
We headed out with the mass of people who were watching the Tree of LIfe Show and found our bus. A bus showed up and we were THE LAST family to get on. Morgan wasn't happy with it but I wanted to get home and we didn't know how long it would be till the next bus!
Definitely a busy day!

How do you get lost going from Animal Kingdom to Animal Kingdom Lodge. That's got to be the easiest route those drivers have! haha
Right? It was literally like one turn he had to take! Going back, we realized how quick that ride should have been!

I can't believe you went to Animal Kingdom Lodge without dinner being at Sanaa or at least having a pre-dinner appetizer bread service at Sanaa!
We typically alternate trips. We like going to both on our Animal Kingdom day, as it isn't that bad of a ride from the park. And worst case, we will take an uber back to our hotel. Sanaa is on the August trip list!!!

Great FP work! That's quite a pick up.
Thanks! I was super excitied, since I wasn't not successful with Slinky Dog the day before.

I'm impressed that you got the girls bag on EE after being stuck a bit. That would have made me nervous, to be honest. I have no desire to be walked off from the top of a roller coaster.
It was actually weird, Gwen was more whilling than Morgan. So some very odd reason.

Looks like a successful day in DAK! Was there a specific time drop for FOP? I know theres one for SDD usually but I wasn't sure if there was one for FOP!
I will PM you!

I need to try Boma again, its probably been 10 years since I've eaten there!
You should! Although, I know how hard it is, there are just so many restaurants and only so much time and stomach space!

Morgan must have really hated that bus ride home lol even made it into her journal!
She really did! She wouldn't have been happy waiting either.

Wow! How is that possible lol!
This was our first time having Memory Maker! We never purchased it seperatly. Back in the day, I feel like the Photo Pass CM did a better job and taking pictures with your camera as well. Also, when the girls were littler, they HATED stopping for photos. They are getting more agreeable to this.

Love Boma! The brownie with vanilla icing on it sounds delicious. I'm not a fan of Zebra Domes either.
At least I am not alone...

She really was mad about that bus ride!
She really was. But really she was just tired. She shuts down FAST! We tuck her into bed and she will be out in no time.

That sounds delicious!
It's not super strong but that is ok for me.

We have this booked for July so I am so happy to hear a positive review of it.
YEAH!!! Def see it. I mean they are both great but I just feel like FoLK gets all the talk.

Love Boma! I have only eaten breakfast there but dinner is on my list.
We are the opposite!!! We have only eaten dinner and I want to eat breakfast one day!

Sounds like the rest of the day at AK was fun! Glad you all got to try a bunch of snacks in Pandora!

Great dinner at Boma!

2 rides on EE and 2 rides on Primevel Whirl to end the night sounds great!

So, first I should explain. Gwen isn't the biggest fan of this ride. She DOES NOT like the Yeti. It has nothing to do with the ride itself. But we had kind of talked it up a bit, about having Gwen try it again.

So, she wasn't SUPER happy about it but agreed to try it again.

Good for her, giving it another try. Most kids wouldn't do that.

Gwen rode the whole ride with her eyes closed. We are in the back row, you can barely see Gwen

I don't think I would like to ride with my eyes closed.

Morgan and Andy rode together.

Morgan looks really cool with her sunglasses on. :cool1:

And it was amazing seeing it so close!

Very good pictures!

Another Celing shot! This one is super fun!

I love looking around in here especially looking up. So much to see.

As we were walking over towards Pandora, We ran into the new Dance Party. I tried to get the girls to come over a dance but they weren't having it!

Another victim of getting older.

I might have been more excitied than the girls to see Kevin.

I would be very excited. I hope we get to see him in December.

I guess he asked Gwen if he looked like a good guy or a bad day. And she said Bad Guy. And he kept trying to convince her he was actually a good guy.

Love this! She has so much sass.

We split the 1 pod 4 ways. And it was ok. It was def fun for sure, but when we make it there for an actual meal, I will probably go with a bowl. I think we all felt the same. I loved the chips, but I love those sweet potatoe chips. And I think Gwen actually liked them as well.

I've never had this and was wondering what to get there. DH wants to eat dinner there next trip.

Encourage her to chug her drink...

Like all good parents.

She was pretty please with herself...

Good job. Did she need another potty stop after the ride?

We had fun on this ride. It is surprisingly fun. I mean it's not the most amazing ride but still fun.
Still haven't ridden it. Maybe if we are ever at AK together, I'll have to give it a try!
Gwen didn't want to waste her bobba balls, so what does a good parent do?

Encourage her to chug her drink...

Untitled

Untitled
She was pretty please with herself...
Well, Boba is the best part!
Morgan was exhasuted. And cried while she changed. Oye. She was exhausted, it had been a long day. We let the girls watch a little tv to un wind and then it while I tried to get us packed up. Then it was lights out!
At least you had a relatively relaxing day next, right?

We were walking in here right at 5:00!

That was close!

Dinner was great. BOMA is always a family favorite for us. We don't do it every trip but we do enjoy it.

It nice that it has something for everyone. We haven't eaten here since 2007 & really need to give it another try.

We all went up and got dessert.

The desserts look reallllly goood!

32402110637_416f76c2b3_z.jpg

I love this frame! What a great photo op.

We spotted this near Flame Tree BBQ. And stopped only long enough to take a quick pic.

Very cool!

Morgan apparently endorces the Yeti Brand!

:thumbsup2

And well..... Gwen was was MAD!!!! Turns out the Yeti was there! And she was so mad and kept saying I lied to her. Oops! And Morgan got freak'ed out by sitting for awhile. ANd then she didn't want to ride again.

Oh no! Can't blame the girls for being upset.

I convinced Gwen to ride again some how. I told her I would tell her when to close her eyes for the Yeti. And We basically told Morgan she had to ride again. She was only worried about getting stuck.

Wow I don't know how you did this.

It was good that we did it again, cause I think they both enjoyed it the second time around!

Always better to face your fears.

A bus showed up and we were THE LAST family to get on. Morgan wasn't happy with it but I wanted to get home and we didn't know how long it would be till the next bus!

I would have opted to get on too.

Now that I'm up, let's see what tink gave us. Pins adn more pins. You know that we got dressed, do hair, sunscreen on. Put our bands on then go. Again I'm lazy...

First Flight of Passage

Short and sweet.

Day Four: Morgan's Version

Morgan uses so much detail in her entries. Future writer?

Loving all these updates! We haven't eaten at BOMA in many years. We have fallen in love with the Pizzafari Family style dinner so keep going there.

2 rides on EE and 2 rides on Primevel Whirl to end the night sounds great!
It was a good way to end the evening!

I would be very excited. I hope we get to see him in Decembe
I hope you can too!

Good job. Did she need another potty stop after the ride
I am sure she did, I don't remember... Hmmm Maybe we made her wait till we got to the restaurant now that I think about it.

You're kids are adorable
Thanks! And thanks for following along.

Well, Boba is the best part!
Of course!

Still haven't ridden it. Maybe if we are ever at AK together, I'll have to give it a try!
You are brave! You remember what happened on Grizzly River Run, right?

Morgan uses so much detail in her entries. Future writer?
She loves reading and tv shows for all the new story lines. Andy is a copywriter by trade, so it is in her blood too! It certainly doesn't come from me.

Loving all these updates! We haven't eaten at BOMA in many years. We have fallen in love with the Pizzafari Family style dinner so keep going there.
Interesting... We haven't tried that yet!

What a great AK day!

Mo'ara Margarita
Sauza Conmemorativo Añejo Tequila with Strawberry and Blood Orange flavors topped with Strawberry Boba Balls
:thumbsup2 Not too sweet for me! One of my faves

am not a fan of the zebra domes
Yup me neither no matter how hard I try to like them lol. I think way back before trying them I got the idea from pictures that they were sweeter than they are and was too let down to like them 👎

Love EE at night!!

Hello Everyone! I am letting Morgan and Gwen play hookey from swim practice. Morgan had her field trip today, and walked all around Philadelphia and claims that she walked as much as when we go to Disney. I HIGHLY doubt that! But she was tired and I had a long day yesterday and kind of needed a calm day. So, here we are, chilling. And it is nice!!!

Day Five: Moving Day!

Today is the day some of you were intrested in! Today we were moving from Caribbean Beach to the POLY!!!

The girls woke up and went to discover there Tinkerbell Gifts. And found this!

Untitled

Untitled
I actually had leis from a birthday party a couple years back, so I packed those, and I ordered the hawaiian themed stickers for the magic bands that we got for this resort stay. And the card told them about the switch in hotels.

So, what did they think?
Untitled

Untitled
They were SUPER excitied!!!

The lanyards Gwen are holding up, was the other big surprise. We were also headed to our first Annual Pass Event that night! Which I was SUPER excitied about!

Untitled
And here are our plans for the day.

We packed up our room and headed to the lobby to drop off our bags. We did pretty good, as the picture below is time stamped at 9:20 AM. This is what I was mostly worried about with the switches, just getting ourselves packed up 3 times.
Untitled
We did drag our bags down to bell services ourselves. I didn't want to call until I knew we were ready to go. And I also didn't want to wait a long time for them to come. We managed fine enough. Checked our bags with bell services and headed to a bus for Magic Kingdom!

We were on a bus at 9:24 and off the bus at 9:59 according to this picture.

(Just a little behind the scenes at how I keep track of our timeline sometimes. The girls will notice me taking a weird picture and ask my why I took a picture of whatever random thing I snapped! HA
Untitled

And then I got this one at 10:03! Not too shabby!
Untitled

There was a lot of people still getting in, so we used the annual pass entance, which was awsome!

Gwen had to use the bathroom when we got there, so I took her to the bathroom and sent Andy and Morgan to the Train Station to try and get a good pic or two. It was crowded!!!!!

We met back up with Andy and found Morgan doing this:
Untitled
(she was moping because it was super crowded in the park)

Untitled
I did manage to get one nice picture of them.

Our first fast pass wasn't till 11:00, so I suggested we go towards Barnstormer, I think the wait wasn't too bad and we would never get a fast pass for it. So, we headed that way.

We did end up pit stopping for a snack! I wanted a Cheshire Cat Tail!
Untitled

We split one 3 ways, and was a nice little nosh.

Untitled
We made our way over to the Circus area.

Untitled
And got in line. There was some debate as to whether we wanted to or not. As the wait was posted higher at the ride than it was in the app. But I said we might as well, as it seemed like everything was kind of high already.

While in line, I was trying to change our Splash Mountain Fast Pass for some reason, that I no longer remember why. But the app was basically down and you couldn't see ANY of your fastpasses. We tried to wait out the line but it was moving so slowly and well, Barnstormer is really only just ok ride.

So, we ended up bailing as we were now getting closer to the 11:00 time. So, we got out of line and headed over towards It's a small World. We got over there and the line was outside of the que!

So, we just decided to wait out the now 10 minutes before our Haunted Mansion Fast Passes.

Up next, what would we do to keep ourselves entertained for 10 WHOLE mintues!!!

Ugh we were in MK this same day (which I don't think I knew at the time) and I remember how crowded it was. When Barnstormer is all backed up ya know its bad.

We packed up our room and headed to the lobby to drop off our bags. We did pretty good, as the picture below is time stamped at 9:20 AM. This is what I was mostly worried about with the switches, just getting ourselves packed up 3 times.

All by 9:20, that's pretty impressive!

We did drag our bags down to bell services ourselves. I didn't want to call until I knew we were ready to go. And I also didn't want to wait a long time for them to come. We managed fine enough. Checked our bags with bell services and headed to a bus for Magic Kingdom!

That's always the tough part of a resort change. You don't know your ready until you are actually ready, but by that point if you call then it may be 30-45 minutes before bell services can get someone out to you. I've been there done that. Trudging to the main building with a bunch of bags! haha

We did end up pit stopping for a snack! I wanted a Cheshire Cat Tail!
https://flic.kr/p/2g21iKA

Have seen these around the last couple of trips, but have never tried it. We probably should try it one time!

I love the Chesire Cat Tail! I've only had it once because I always forget about it..........so cool surprising the girls with the Poly stay. Not much about our Disney trips would really "wow" the boys at this point lol for me to actually surprise them with! In fact Chris is pissed we're at the Contemporary next month because it's not the WL :headache:

I'm glad to see the girls were excited for the switch. Poly is such a fun resort.

I'm curious to hear how you felt about the transfer process. We ended up with a 1 day transfer in August.

Just a little behind the scenes at how I keep track of our timeline sometimes. The girls will notice me taking a weird picture and ask my why I took a picture of whatever random thing I snapped! HA

I kept doing the same thing. It's the easiest way to keep track!

So, we ended up bailing as we were now getting closer to the 11:00 time. So, we got out of line and headed over towards It's a small World. We got over there and the line was outside of the que!

Ugh. Sucks that the park was so congested. At least you had a yummy treat, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter