Air France Passenger Takes Off Pants on Flight

Floors of planes are way too nasty dirty for me to be barefoot in them. Yuck. Shoes stay on. On a super long flight, I might bring slippers to put on instead of my shoes, but never stocking feet or bare feet.

I thought that was what yoga pants were for?
::yes:: Is there any male-equivalent for them - sweats maybe? I'd actually probably be less comfortable sitting in my underwear than in yoga pants.

I'm also with the group that believes this guy was way out of line. Even though things may be slightly less up-tight in some parts of Europe, it's still far from routine for people to be in public in their underwear. The guy had to know his behavior was outlandish and clearly didn't care a whit for anybody else's comfort, which is pretty much the definition of bad manners. :sad2:

::yes:: Is there any male-equivalent for them - sweats maybe? I'd actually probably be less comfortable sitting in my underwear than in yoga pants.

I'm also with the group that believes this guy was way out of line. Even though things may be slightly less up-tight in some parts of Europe, it's still far from routine for people to be in public in their underwear. The guy had to know his behavior was outlandish and clearly didn't care a whit for anybody else's comfort, which is pretty much the definition of bad manners. :sad2:

Maybe those cycling shorts that some guys like to wear. They look hideous though, not near as good as yoga pants look on some women.

Clearly, the man is a pioneer. Think of the doors he's opened for the rest of us.....

Is this for one of the sleeper cabins?

I've only ever received pajamas in First or Business (mainly first). But I get into comfortable clothes and slippers (again, I've only received from the airline in First and Business - but more common in Business than pajamas are) in whatever class I'm flying (assuming the flight is at least six or so hours).

I've only ever received pajamas in First or Business (mainly first). But I get into comfortable clothes and slippers (again, I've only received from the airline in First and Business - but more common in Business than pajamas are) in whatever class I'm flying (assuming the flight is at least six or so hours).
May I ask where you go to change? Are the washrooms in First or Business much larger than in Coach? It wouldn't be easy to strip down entirely and put pajamas on in one of those. I'd also feel completely weird walking back through the cabin to my seat in jammies. Also, are the jammies yours to keep or are they re-used for future passengers like hotel bathrobes? :confused:

because realistically he was covered in areas that society deems need covering with pretty much as much fabric there as plenty of others regularly wear in public.

By that argument then I could strip down to my bra and underwear, because they cover all the bits society deems necessary and they are as similar to my swimsuit as boxers are to shorts...

By that argument then I could strip down to my bra and underwear, because they cover all the bits society deems necessary and they are as similar to my swimsuit as boxers are to shorts...
Maybe---though a bikini or other clothing which covers only that amount of skin is normally not considered covered enough for travel in an aircraft---so I woudl say, no, not the same given that shorts which cover the same anount as boxers ARE commonly worn on aircrafts. Similarly, had the passenger been wearing tight, non boxer type undies which covered about as much as a speedo that would then be, like a bra and panties, perhaps not acceptable.

That said, recall this is a French airline, travelling to France. I have no idea how French people would react to this, but I know many French women still sunbathe and swim topless on family friendly beaches and we often see cyclists or runners, etc changing into their sports clothing while standing by their parked cars (because what is not common is to wear sorts clothing like yoga pants or basketball shorts, etc when not participating in a sport).

So, again, I go back to I owuldn't like it, and would not suggest it, but don't think it is something the airline personelle should have done anything about and it might not even be legal for them to try.

Maybe---though a bikini or other clothing which covers only that amount of skin is normally not considered covered enough for travel in an aircraft---so I woudl say, no, not the same given that shorts which cover the same anount as boxers ARE commonly worn on aircrafts. Similarly, had the passenger been wearing tight, non boxer type undies which covered about as much as a speedo that would then be, like a bra and panties, perhaps not acceptable.

That said, recall this is a French airline, travelling to France. I have no idea how French people would react to this, but I know many French women still sunbathe and swim topless on family friendly beaches and we often see cyclists or runners, etc changing into their sports clothing while standing by their parked cars (because what is not common is to wear sorts clothing like yoga pants or basketball shorts, etc when not participating in a sport).

So, again, I go back to I owuldn't like it, and would not suggest it, but don't think it is something the airline personelle should have done anything about and it might not even be legal for them to try.
We've flown Air France and we took the subways fairly extensively in Paris. I didn't see anybody in an unusual state of undress and I'd expect the same type of decorum on an airplane. I don't think we can chalk this up to being a "French" thing. I think the guy was just boorish or maybe even a bit deranged. :rolleyes1

May I ask where you go to change? Are the washrooms in First or Business much larger than in Coach? It wouldn't be easy to strip down entirely and put pajamas on in one of those. I'd also feel completely weird walking back through the cabin to my seat in jammies. Also, are the jammies yours to keep or are they re-used for future passengers like hotel bathrobes? :confused:

Not in my experience. I’m always so intrigued when people say they change on the plane for the flight! I’m like how?!? I surely couldn’t change without a struggle and everything ending up filthy.

When I fly long haul I don’t generally have plans except home-airport/flight-hotel so I’m not worried about my clothes. I just wear sweats on the plane and don’t worry about it. I do take my bra off because that’s relatively easy and so much more comfortable!

Not in my experience. I’m always so intrigued when people say they change on the plane for the flight! I’m like how?!? I surely couldn’t change without a struggle and everything ending up filthy.

When I fly long haul I don’t generally have plans except home-airport/flight-hotel so I’m not worried about my clothes. I just wear sweats on the plane and don’t worry about it. I do take my bra off because that’s relatively easy and so much more comfortable!
:rotfl:I'm exactly the opposite - even if I changed into the fancy first-class jammies I'd still definitely keep my bra on.

I can't help but wonder, if he had anything under his boxers. Shorts normally have an extra layer of clothing underneath them. If not, at least the fabric is usually thicker. I wouldn't want to be the person sitting in that seat after him, if he was basically sitting there in his underwear. Maybe, I have too much experience washing men's underwear. :scared:

but don't think it is something the airline personelle should have done anything about and it might not even be legal for them to try.

How could it be illegal to enforce dress codes?
Schools do it all the time. Over things way more ridiculous than you cant just wear your underwear.

Boxers may be similar to shorts, but they are in fact underwear.
This man didnt not come onto the plane in something people are debating whether they were shorts or boxers, he stood up and removed his clothing.

I find it very interesting that women receive all sorts of abuse for breastfeeding in public, but this man taking off his pants for no reason in a public places has many shrugging their shoulders and saying oh well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter