All Star Movies Renovations

They were very nice at the front desk. They had to move us from preferred to a standard room in love bug 6 to get 2 queen beds. My DH is 6’4”, so he’s definitely happy about the room change! Also gave us a credit of $68 too, so I consider that a win :)
Do you mind my asking what room number you got?

They absolutely didn't save us a room in Love bug, however we did get "lucky." The first night our cm upgraded us to a preferred room, which was non refurbished and she said if we called in the morning they could probably change us to a preferred refurbished room. There was a LOT of phone tag, waiting on hold for the 'back office' and we had to drop everything and leave HS immediately, but on the second day of our trip we got to transfer to a refurbished room and it was 1000000% worth the hassle because the room was so much better. I am blown away that Disney can charge the same price for a refurbed and non refurbed room. The murphy bed was excellent for our kids running around.

They absolutely didn't save us a room in Love bug, however we did get "lucky." The first night our cm upgraded us to a preferred room, which was non refurbished and she said if we called in the morning they could probably change us to a preferred refurbished room. There was a LOT of phone tag, waiting on hold for the 'back office' and we had to drop everything and leave HS immediately, but on the second day of our trip we got to transfer to a refurbished room and it was 1000000% worth the hassle because the room was so much better. I am blown away that Disney can charge the same price for a refurbed and non refurbed room. The murphy bed was excellent for our kids running around.
Disney is normally very good about moving you if you’re willing to work with them. I think we’ve always been able to move when we asked

So a little high-jacking here but is Disney planning on doing this to Sports and Music too? Granted it will be years till I return to disney come 2020 but just wondering.

So a little high-jacking here but is Disney planning on doing this to Sports and Music too? Granted it will be years till I return to disney come 2020 but just wondering.
That was the original plan. As far as we know they still will, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm back from our trip and it was awesome (I'm an engaged person now, whoo hoo)! When we got down there, our online check in hadn't processed so we had to go to the front desk. They gave us Mighty Ducks, but I asked if we could be moved to Love Bug (that's what I had put for online check in). They moved us no problem and I'm glad they had, loved the refurb room!

We were on the backside of one of the buildings and it was super quiet the whole time, aside from the night before we left when people were stomping around in the room above us and flushing toilets every few minutes :(. It was cheerleader check in time too so I'm chalking it up to that lol.

Hello just stayed at ASMo from feb 1-8th! We req a renovated room per touring plans and they did fax req for us. We got a renovated room in Love Bug building 7. Room was great, not too far from main building at all. I saw no signs of them restarting the remodel at all! Cheerleaders were loud but we were only there with them for 1 night. We also had a problem with our online check in and it was a frustrating first hour , but in the end it all got sorted out. They said MDE glitch, who knows. Got the gift card for passing on housekeeping by calling from the room, very easy.

We stayed in Pop Century last May and we had the same problem. My feet were black the first time I walked on the floor the first night. They are not washing those floors regularly between stays or during your stay! Disgusting!

We did a split stay at multiple resorts last week. Pop Century and the FW cabins both had filthy floors. The floor in our ASMo refurbished room was pristine. No dirty socks. I'm always so impressed by All-Star Movies and it will always be my first choice once it's completely refurbished!

We did a split stay at multiple resorts last week. Pop Century and the FW cabins both had filthy floors. The floor in our ASMo refurbished room was pristine. No dirty socks. I'm always so impressed by All-Star Movies and it will always be my first choice once it's completely refurbished!
I’m thinking that might have to do with the rooms being so new so we might have to see how they hold up over time. We just stayed at yc with the same type of flooring and I wore slippers every day because my feet got so dirty. We did come in one day and could tell it had been wet mopped though

I'm staying at AsMo on 5/31 and have two preferred rooms. What are my chances of getting refurb rooms? I'm debating staying at POP for the refurb rooms but I really want to stay at AsMo.

I'm staying at AsMo on 5/31 and have two preferred rooms. What are my chances of getting refurb rooms? I'm debating staying at POP for the refurb rooms but I really want to stay at AsMo.
About half of the preferred rooms are refurbished, so your odds are 50/50. We just came back from a week there and our group had 4 rooms and we really wanted remodeled rooms so our only request was Toy Story section and we got it.

I would say if you really want to stay there then do it knowing you MAY have a chance of having a room that hasn’t been refurbished. Like the pp said, I would call and request either the toy story section or refurbished room.

We aren't going until June but having the same decision dilemma. I can't believe the refurbishment has been "paused" for this long.

Hello just stayed at ASMo from feb 1-8th! We req a renovated room per touring plans and they did fax req for us. We got a renovated room in Love Bug building 7. Room was great, not too far from main building at all. I saw no signs of them restarting the remodel at all! Cheerleaders were loud but we were only there with them for 1 night. We also had a problem with our online check in and it was a frustrating first hour , but in the end it all got sorted out. They said MDE glitch, who knows. Got the gift card for passing on housekeeping by calling from the room, very easy.

Could you please tell me what number you called from your room to opt out of housekeeping? We are staying at ASMo next month and are doing online check in because we arrive late and would like to skip the front desk.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter