American Idol - 2007

After watching last night, I still think it will be all women in the top spots, after the few clinkers are weeded out that is...

How hard it must have been to dedicate those songs and then go out and sing.

I still like Jordin Sparks, Lakisha Jones, and Melinda Doolittle for the girls...although Lakisha's outfit WAS distracting, I had to agree with Simon. I'm not saying anything about the short skirt, she has some great legs, just that the top could have been more youthful or something...it was just wrong. We need her to get with a stylist that can turn her into a plus size role model, like they have done in the past. I thought Jordan's outfit was just sooo cute, and looked great on her. Not so crazy about Melinda's, she looked ready for a business meeting or something...

For the guys this week I liked Sundance Head, Nicholas Pedro ("vote for Pedro" had me :rotfl: ), Phil Stacey, and Chris Sligh. But I still think the girls are stronger this year...

I agree the guys did do much better this week. I had theater last night so I've only seen about half the girls so far. They aren't blowing me away like last year but they are still better then the boys.

I have no idea who will actually go home tonight. I have the feeling that it won't be the worst ones so that leaves a toss up for some of the oks but not terrifics.

I still liked Blake from the guys, and Chris Sligh. Girls - loved Melinda Doolittle last night, and Jordin. Lakisha - not as much as last week but I think it was partially the outfit. Simon was in good mood last night, wasn't he? I'm hoping Antonella and Sanjay go home. I didn't see any substance behind his voice. Ready for the top 12!

So who else was shocked that Sanjaya did not go home!!!!! I think the right girls went home and Antonella will be next unless her "racy" photos are enough to keep her around because she certainly can't sing:confused3 I just think that there shouldn't be a double standard and that if Frenchie had to leave a few seasons ago then they should do the same with Antonella...okay well I will get off my soapbox now:rolleyes:

So who else was shocked that Sanjaya did not go home!!!!! I think the right girls went home and Antonella will be next unless her "racy" photos are enough to keep her around because she certainly can't sing:confused3 I just think that there shouldn't be a double standard and that if Frenchie had to leave a few seasons ago then they should do the same with Antonella...okay well I will get off my soapbox now:rolleyes:

I agree, though I thought Antonella should have gone home last night - she can't sing. I liked AJ, at least better than Sanjaya.

Oh yeah, the funny thing was he thought he should go home too...

I was so hoping Antonella would be leaving, but next week for sure.

One of my picks is gone, so much for my Idol predictions:rotfl:

I think that Nick should have stayed as well, at least for another week because I think he was getting better:rolleyes1

I watched the guys this morning before I came to work. I think that some combination of Sanjaya, Brandon and Jarod should go home. The three of them just haven't done it at all. I wasn't overly impressed with any of them last night but I think I've decided why I like Blake. He's singing songs I'm not completely tired of all ready. I actually recognized the song last night but it was a still good. I think that he and Chris S will go the farthest of the guys.

Blake is still my favorite. None of the others really did it for me. I agree that Sanjaya has long overstayed his welcome. I thought the other truly bad performance last night was Phil. He's been good before but something happened last night.

My DH watched with me last night and chimed in his opinions. Maybe I'll turn him into a fan!

I am ready for Sanjaya and Phil Stacy to go home. I cna't even remember what Phil sang, that unforgettable!:(

Much as I hate to say it, I think Phil is going home too. I really liked him up till last night, but what a terrible song choice, and terrible delivery...it was that LeAnn Rymes song.

And Sanjaya sounds like he should be singing in the high school play...not Idol material at all...

I was disappointed in Chris and Sundance too...these guys really aren't good at all this year. 10,000 people at every stop, and these are the best singers we have in the entire nation? :confused3 Impossible....

I'm not sure Phil will leave since I think alot of people like him from before and his story and everything but we will see on Thursday.

I'm going to go on the delusion that once they start theme nights the boys will step it up. I know the girls are over all better singers but I also have a feeling they are a little more one dimensional in there choices and some of the boys will be able to pull of the random themes better.

So who do you think the 4 boys are that the judges think should be through? I'm going with Blake, Chris R (they love him and I don't get it), Chris S, and possible Brandon even though he's had bad song choices.

I'm not sure Phil will leave since I think alot of people like him from before and his story and everything but we will see on Thursday.

I'm going to go on the delusion that once they start theme nights the boys will step it up. I know the girls are over all better singers but I also have a feeling they are a little more one dimensional in there choices and some of the boys will be able to pull of the random themes better.

So who do you think the 4 boys are that the judges think should be through? I'm going with Blake, Chris R (they love him and I don't get it), Chris S, and possible Brandon even though he's had bad song choices.

I agree they probably like Blake, the two Chris's and either Sundance or Brandon as the fourth.

I hope Brandon picks up his game, I still really like his voice. And I do have to say I liked his song last night, it always been a favorite of mine.

I was doing a lot of cringing last night! What's going on with these guys? I liked Blake and Chris Sligh the best last night, and I still like Brandon. His classical piano impressed me too. And, if those guys have a stylist, who choose Sanjaya's hair style? He really needs to leave - there's no substance behind that voice.

I'm not sure about a stylist but I was thinking from years past that they don't get the help of a stylist until they make the final 12 but I could be mistaken.

Ok how about the girls? They blow the boys out of the water but I still don't think they lived up to the first week. I really liked Gina this week. She struggled with the song but I liked her choice and think if she continues to pick songs in the rock vibe she'll get better and I can actually see her getting air play on radio. Actually I think thats my problem with the girls this year the really good ones I just don't think I would listen too once the show is over. The guys even though they aren't as good have a couple that would be on main stream radio right away.

I have to agree, but there were some real stand outs for me. Lakisha, and Melinda...and Gina, she blew me away, so much energy. However I really like Melinda. I think she will show in the different genres that she has range...I'm not sure some of the others will be able to show as much.

I think Gina will be like Chris last year...go far, stay true to herself, get booted, and become hugely successful. I can just see that happening for her after last night. From what I have seen in recent years, it's better not to "win" just have your name out there for as long as possible...then run with the best contract deal after you are booted.

I have to agree, but there were some real stand outs for me. Lakisha, and Melinda...and Gina, she blew me away, so much energy. However I really like Melinda. I think she will show in the different genres that she has range...I'm not sure some of the others will be able to show as much.

I think Gina will be like Chris last year...go far, stay true to herself, get booted, and become hugely successful. I can just see that happening for her after last night. From what I have seen in recent years, it's better not to "win" just have your name out there for as long as possible...then run with the best contract deal after you are booted.

I totally agree with you both. Melinda is fantastic. Much more enjoyable evening than Tues with the guys.

I also agree. Of course, I rarely listen to mainstream radio so few of the past winners appeal to me except Carrie Underwood - her CD is fantastic.

I think Melinda blew the roof off with that song last night. Gina is probably my favorite though because I'm always so hungry for rock on this show - I'm just not a pop girl.

Wow. What is Sanjaya's dad a millionaire who hires tens of thousands of people to vote for him? I cannot believe he has made it this far. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter