American Idol new season

Well, so far they put 2 female singers through that are very annoying to me. They sent David F home (the guy with the crutches) and now they just let that girl go though that you couldn't even hear her singing.

Oh well, I guess they have to always have a few easy cuts in there.

Is one of the females you find annoying the 17 year old with the long hair and glasses I think her name is Katie? I can’t stand her. I also do not like the boy the one with the brother that did not make the group round whose mom got involved in the group discussion. I was also not happy about David going home.

I just tuned in tonight for the first time. I didn't even realize or pay attention to who the judges were. I thought it was cool that Boy George was a judge. Than I realized it was Katy Perry. :upsidedow

So far this season is under whelming. Have not heard one really good singer- they just seem to send them all through.

I'm really enjoying this season. I like the judges a lot. I like that they aren't showing a lot of the bad singers that audition just to be on TV. I, too, was shocked that the Whitney Houston singer didn't make it through. She had the range and did a beautiful job. The one sister was sure upset last night that her sister went through. Her eyes were throwing daggers. I don't think the one auditioning in the first place should have made it through. And of course, I cried with the last contestant whose son was with him. I liked him a lot.

I think I am in for the season.
did anyone see if this guy made it through or got cut?? and did the girl who had the little sister audition did she make it through or get cut?

We’ve flipped it on briefly, but can’t get sucked in for some reason. My impression so far? Katy’s a hot mess. Luke basically just fills a chair. Lionel actually earns his check.

I didn't watch the second half...did the guy that is raising his nephew make it through?

I didn't watch the second half...did the guy that is raising his nephew make it through?
SPOILER!

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW STOP READING

I only caught a smidge (plan to watch tonight) but yes, Marcio Donaldson made it through~ (this guy, right?) He is very, very likeable and growing on me fast. Doesn't hurt that I love guys who wear drug-rugs, lol.
images
19-american-idol-1604.w710.h473.jpg

We’ve flipped it on briefly, but can’t get sucked in for some reason. My impression so far? Katy’s a hot mess. Luke basically just fills a chair. Lionel actually earns his check.
Katy Perry is a hot mess?? I have found her to be quite lovely. Our definitions of hot mess must be different. Paula Abdul, Mariah Carey and even Kara Dewhatsehername were hot messes to me.

Jennasis, yes thank you!

I also really like Katy Perry on the show and don't find her to be a hot mess either. I find her to be very likable and sincere.

Ohhhh, just saw the headlines on Yahoo, etc....
Katy Perry IS a hot mess.
She just 'did it again'.
How flipping rude.
UGGGGHHHHH....

I would rather watch The Voice.
Any Day.

Katy Perry is a hot mess?? I have found her to be quite lovely. Our definitions of hot mess must be different. Paula Abdul, Mariah Carey and even Kara Dewhatsehername were hot messes to me.

She’s absolutely been a hot mess when “we’ve” tuned in. I may feel differently if we’d seen all of this year. I agree with you on the others, BTW.

I'm not liking this season. The judges don't seem to have any chemistry and they seem to send everyone through no matter how bad/good they are! Katy flirts with everyone which is getting annoying. Lionel seems to be like, what did I get myself into! lol They keep playing Hello. He had other songs! lol Then I thought it was weird that they had the girl sing that came with her sister to play the guitar. Were they trying to start something between them? It was just odd. They gave them both tickets but they made it seem like they weren't going to send the original contestant. I'm curious to see how they are past auditions but if it continues this way I think I will drop out and just DVR the Voice and not both

I like the judges. I don't feel that Katy Perry is a hot mess. I feel it was cruel what she did to that girl but she isn't a "hot mess".

FinFan, so happy he made it. I think he's a great guy and a great singer.

X Idol shows aren't my thing. I prefer The Voice shows with the blind auditions or, even more so, X Has Got Talent, as those are always whacky and fun!

I just finished watching last night's episode. I must have missed the audition of the bull riding dude :confused3 Cade? I like his voice too.I was wondering why there was no rocker :rockband: Laine...hooo boy~was not happy to be the silent voice (no pun intended) in his Belieber group, glad he made it but it wasn't a strong performance. The editing makes it hard to know how good/bad some of them were. I felt really bad for the Frank Sinatra/Michael Buble' guy. He looked genuinely shocked. Some sent thru that were "meh" for me and a lot who sound the same as each other. Not sure that Katy should get too much heat..I mean Luke kinda gave Ada a momentary coronary~ almost knocked the Diva right out of her, lol.

Finally finished the Hollywood round from the other night. I maintain my assessment of Katy Perry as being quite lovely and far from a hot mess. The "cruel joke" at the end was no big deal AFAIC.

Lots of people I'm watching...Caty (the young redhead with the glasses...kind of awkward girl. GREAT voice). Ada...(I dig her story and she has pipes)...the blonde girl who had originally auditioned with her friend who had Down Syndrome (she was so nervous in the group round but what a voice)...the Rhagu girl from Brooklyn...the girl with the very short hair and a Mohawk who played piano.

Lots of great voices. Looking forward to the season. Of course, my all time favorite Idol is David Cook and I took ZERO notice of him until we were in the top 24 and it was his SECOND performance where he sang HELLO. That's when I sat up and noticed him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter