Annual Pass Price Increase Announced for Walt Disney World Starting 12/8 (NOT for Sale Yet!)

When I bought DVC in 2015, I think the first AP I bought was $549. I can't believe how much the price has gone up in such a short period of time. We've been doing a lot of resort only stays over the last 2 years. I can't buy tickets every time, it's insane.
We are right there. That’s when we bought. Honestly I don’t even think they were that much but maybe I’m wrong. It’s almost double. We bought DVC because we saw the resort prices climbing fast. Boy am I happy. Just looked and we paid $300 for Polynesian in 2015. (With a discount). Now it’s $700. But I guess the tickets I never expected to climb that fast. I expected them to gradually go up, but not double in 7 years.

We are right there. That’s when we bought. Honestly I don’t even think they were that much but maybe I’m wrong. It’s almost double. We bought DVC because we saw the resort prices climbing fast. Boy am I happy. Just looked and we paid $300 for Polynesian in 2015. (With a discount). Now it’s $700. But I guess the tickets I never expected to climb that fast. I expected them to gradually go up, but not double in 7 years.
you may be right about the APs being cheaper. I bought DVC in 2015 at Poly, but I don't think I bought an annual pass until the end of 2016. They were running a special that gave you 13 months for your AP. It was awesome. It's so unfair to DVC owners who already spent tens of thousands of dollars and committed themselves to Disney vacations (so to speak.)

you may be right about the APs being cheaper. I bought DVC in 2015 at Poly, but I don't think I bought an annual pass until the end of 2016. They were running a special that gave you 13 months for your AP. It was awesome. It's so unfair to DVC owners who already spent tens of thousands of dollars and committed themselves to Disney vacations (so to speak.)
I agree. I also think that Disney shouldn’t hold DVC to the top 2 passes either. They should give access to all 4 passes. So you’ll sell a cheaper pass to someone who lives in FL. Goes to the park often and spends very little money. Yet a DVC owner has paid you $10,000+, buys merchandise and eats in the parks and goes between 1 to maybe 4 times a year. I know some go more often we go twice a year. So it saves us probably $300 per year per person to buy AP’s. Guess what , we are now doing more resort and even some Universal days. We wanted to give Disney more money, but Bob doesn’t want it.

I think DVC passes are limited to encourage people to stay for weeks instead of nights. They probably don't want DVCers just flying around in for the weekend. They know people who come "once a year" for a destination trip will spend much more -- just like Vegas or the Cruise line industry by the way, than the locals.

Of course, I go in for a half a day, and still only eat at the most expensive restaurants, have to get a new popcorn bucket, and how can you not go shopping? Good thing i'm a shareholder... if they bring back the dividend, it will probably be because of what I spend at the parks!

It’s crazy how fast the prices have risen. I paid like $1K for the premier passport in 2014 … and that was both parks! I renewed back at the end of September. On the last day in could renew. We were not going to do it, and caved. Decided we will at least do a trip for Tron AP preview and 2 weeks next September.

I am pretty sure that you have gotten your money's worth out of DVC (otherwise you would have sold). Especially if you bought in years ago. Not sure what exactly is unfair.

If DWD Annual passes resume sales you can all thank me. I have been waiting/hoping to buy APs for the remainder of my family but last week I gave up and bought individual tickets for our Dec trip (Got to get those park ressies). Murphy's law strikes again.

Last edited:

Can't you just show that you owe several grand on BLT or GF points .

Yeah, grasping at straws and those are paper straws that have been sitting in a drink for 20 mins. But I really really really want that pixie pass. LOL

I can relate to this. Years ago, we were DVC members and we could not afford the eligible APs but sure would have loved to buy the Weekday Select APs (older version of Pixie Dust Pass).

Back then, we were told that DVC members did not own a real estate deed in the landowner sense. We had a deed to a "leasehold" with an expiration date. With a limit on the number of points one could have (and the number of nights those points could provide), we could not claim partial-year residency either. It was really disappointing.

I wouldn't hold your breath about NEW AP's I have been trying to renew my DVC Sorceror Pass and I been trying for 3 days Apparently they have a new Software program to process AP's but they only bought so many licenses for it ( CheapSkates) they don't have enough CM to keep up with just renewals . Currently, I'm 75 min on hold 85min total including waiting for DVC......... Update - 100 min and pass all renewed. The welcome changes is that you no longer need to stop at GS to activate it is ready to go on your expiration date. not sure about when new passes will happen and if this will be the case as well Good luck everyone

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold your breath about NEW AP's I have been trying to renew my DVC Sorceror Pass and I been trying for 3 days Apparently they have a new Software program to process AP's but they only bought so many licenses for it ( CheapSkates) they don't have enough CM to keep up with just renewals . Currently, I'm 75 min on hold 85min total including waiting for DVC......... Update - 100 min and pass all renewed. The welcome changes is that you no longer need to stop at GS to activate it is ready to go on your expiration date. not sure about when new passes will happen and if this will be the case as well Good luck everyone
Are you not able to renew online?

When I renewed online, there was a disclaimer that DVC had to call.

We renewed our FL Res Sorcerer Passes with no problems on Dec 1. Was $813/person. Probably our last time to renew.

When I renewed online, there was a disclaimer that DVC had to call.

We renewed our FL Res Sorcerer Passes with no problems on Dec 1. Was $813/person. Probably our last time to renew.
When you did yours thru DVC did they take all your info and then pass you off to a "Customer Advocate"? that is where it took so long for them to connect

When you did yours thru DVC did they take all your info and then pass you off to a "Customer Advocate"? that is where it took so long for them to connect
Sorry for the confusion. I did not renew mine through DVC. I was on the passholder renewal page and saw that it said DVC Annual pass renewal needed to be done via phone call.

I was hoping to see an update this morning with a date that AP will be back on sale since the new prices take effect today. I know, I know, just dreaming for some Disney magic. I wasn't actually expecting them to be on sale today with the holidays coming up, but I was hoping they would say, AP will return on .... whatever day.

So, if your time is worth $30 an hour you really paid an extra $60. Absolutely ridiculous the hoops people jump through for Disney.

Question: If you buy a Pixie Pass (understand it is a FL resident) next year during renewal can it be upgraded to a different pass or does it stay at Pixie?

Question: If you buy a Pixie Pass (understand it is a FL resident) next year during renewal can it be upgraded to a different pass or does it stay at Pixie?
Current policy allows an upgrade at the time of renewal. I can’t promise that policy will be the same when you renew.

Don’t yell at me, I don’t know the ins and outs,but I renewed gold/sorcerer pass back in May in the nick of time. Truly thinking think was our last trip and going for two weeks, it was worth It. Fast forward to trip. I thought since it was a renewal, the pass was active, I go to gate. Nope.I had to go to GS. Ok, GS says, we have an offer for you. For $150 more, they will activate the pass that day and the year starts then. Not back in April on the renewal date. I went for it.

sure feels like a new ap to me. This was on Nov. 28.

I'm hoping they do start selling them again in the new year. I had an Incredi pass that expired in September and didn't renew. I knew I was only taking one trip in 2023 so the cost of renewing didn't make sense. I do have a trip in April 2023 that I bought tickets for before they went up. If they start selling APs again by then I might upgrade since I have hoppers. I would only need 7 park days from April 2023 to 2024 to come out even and I can see me taking two short 4 days trips in that time. Math is hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter