Anyone able to sneak a peak at BCV’s?

Just walked through the 4th floor. All workers are gone and no evidence of work still being done. All "tags" that I saw on door locks are gone. Saw a couple of boxes of old kettles, telephones and Keurig cups. To me, it looks like they are only a day or two from opening. Also saw many housekeeping vacuums and other equipment scattered through the floor.

Just walked through the 4th floor. All workers are gone and no evidence of work still being done. All "tags" that I saw on door locks are gone. Saw a couple of boxes of old kettles, telephones and Keurig cups. To me, it looks like they are only a day or two from opening. Also saw many housekeeping vacuums and other equipment scattered through the floor.
Thanks for sharing that! Would be exciting if the 4th opens soon!

Awesome! Thanks so much for the report!

We are currently 33 days into the refurb which is just shy of a 1/3 of the way through. 1/3 of the rooms would be 94 which is a little less than 5th & 4th floor combined. So I would hope that within the next weekish we see 4th floor finished and open for guests
See the new update today, your math seems spot on!

Thank you for the report! This is encouraging. Now we need to see another floor go down to see that progress is still happening and no stall/delay.

Last edited:

Let's hope this pace continues, but remember my calculation estimates completion end of April and not beginning of April as stated by Disney lol.

This is great news about floor four. Now lets hope 4th opens SOON and 3rd goes down asap. It would be a good indication of no delay to September.

The more I think about it, I am concerned if no work is happening on 4th and nothing is down yet. You think they would already be prepping another floor to go down to keep work rolling. The next few days will be telling.

Had the hallway carpet been replaced?

I’m sorry I wasn’t clear with my question. 😆 how is the actual couch part? Is the couch itself more comfortable to sit on. I always found the sleeper sofa style couch hard.
If like SSR, and no reason to think they are different, they are going with very sturdy cushions to sit on. When we moved from SSR to a non-refurbished room at BCV we were shocked how much more comfortable and cushy the sofa sleeper couch was.

looks like they finally put back the clothes line for drying swimsuits. hallelujah!

It's a nice improvement IMHO. I'll withhold judgment on the carpet because it's may not show up well in pictures.
Geez, I forgot all about those! Nice observation.

I thought I just recently read in one of the FB groups I'm in that a CM at the front desk told a person that the there are delays with the refurb. I've been trying to find that post to double check my memory. We're staying in mid April, already requested higher floor but might change to 5th floor to try to get a refurbed room. My kids would much prefer the Murphy bed in the living room!

I thought I just recently read in one of the FB groups I'm in that a CM at the front desk told a person that the there are delays with the refurb. I've been trying to find that post to double check my memory. We're staying in mid April, already requested higher floor but might change to 5th floor to try to get a refurbed room. My kids would much prefer the Murphy bed in the living room!

Definitely see if you can find the post. There is concern with the availability issue that popped up a few weeks ago. I have been tracking progress and we are at a critical point to see if 4th floor opens and another floor goes offline.

Definitely see if you can find the post. There is concern with the availability issue that popped up a few weeks ago. I have been tracking progress and we are at a critical point to see if 4th floor opens and another floor goes offline.
I went crazy searching but can't find the original comment (it was a comment on a post so it's harder for me to find it). However, I did find a recent comment referencing the original comment I'm thinking of, saying that a DVC member who just stayed reported that there were issues that came up during refurb of the 4th floor and that it has been delayed.

I went crazy searching but can't find the original comment (it was a comment on a post so it's harder for me to find it). However, I did find a recent comment referencing the original comment I'm thinking of, saying that a DVC member who just stayed reported that there were issues that came up during refurb of the 4th floor and that it has been delayed.

Bummer but I know how hard it can be going back to look for a comment on a post. Was it in a DVC FB group?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter