Anyone have Aquatica reports?

iwynlea.....can you please offer some detail on the all-you-can-eat foods?? I think the option to pay one fixed price for the whole day is great. Do you pay the one price when you get your first meal or do you have to pre-purchase it? Can't wait to see pictures!!

Thanks for answering sooo many questions!! :thumbsup2 I'm so glad those of you who have been are sharing your experience and information. We are considering renting a cabana as well, and think it may be money well spent.

A couple more questions. . . . I read they were turning away folks with coolers, but were they checking bags? I'm wondering if we can't carry in a few bottles of water. The other thing is if we rent a cabana I know drinks are provided, but I don't know why type or how many. I will call and ask then post the answer.

Pics of the cabanas would be great. . . if you can manage.

I'm SO looking forward to your pics this evening and my kids will be flipping out. . .they are super excited about Aquatica. . .I think more so than any of the other parks we are going to.

UPDATE: I called and asked some questions and here is what I found out.

Cabanas: They are $150 plus 6.5% tax = $159.75 and you must pay at the time you make the reservations. You can cancel up to 24 hours prior to reservation for a full refund. The cabana is yours from open til close and they include sunscreen, towels, lockers and 3 drinks per person. . but it is soda. You can rent the cabanas at the park if any are available. You get a confirmation number which you will then take to the park and provide, but they do not send you any confirmation e-mail. If you insisit, they can fax you a receipt, but only fax. They will not e-mail or snail mail. I think there is a discount for annual passholders.

Tickets: I only know about one day and there don't seem to be any discounts or promotion codes at this time (aaahhuuumm anyone with promo codes) and for single day tickets, whether a FL resident or not it is the same price. 10 & over is $38.95 + tax = $41.48 and child ticket is $32.95, including tax = $35.09. It is best to order online or you will pay shipping if you call and order tickets. With the e-tickets, you don't have to wait in the ticket line, of course, and you can expect the standard search of your bags if you have them.

In regards to the all day buffet for one price...I'm surprised how many people seem excited about this. I mean, how many meals would someone realistically eat at a water park that likely closes by 6pm most of the year. Except for in the summer when they are presumably open later, I can't imagine eating more than lunch at the park. The $20 option doesn't look like something I'd take advantage of.

In regards to the all day buffet for one price...I'm surprised how many people seem excited about this. I mean, how many meals would someone realistically eat at a water park that likely closes by 6pm most of the year. Except for in the summer when they are presumably open later, I can't imagine eating more than lunch at the park. The $20 option doesn't look like something I'd take advantage of.

I was thinking the same thing. . . unless you are someone who eats several small meals throughout the day. The other thing I believe some people are wondering about is it might be worth it to purchase one meal IF you can go in and refill your drink all day. They likely won't let you take anything out with you . . . including drinks.

I would be very interested in any height restrictions anyone can give me for the larger slides and rides?

I have a very excited 7 year old who is looking forward to a birthday trip here and really wants to do the dolphin slide.

Also how many people can fit on the family raft rides?

Is there a maximum height for the kids area?

Thanks.:goodvibes

DH and I already decided we're going to go back next Sunday (DH works on Saturday, so we can't go then) and if the cabanas are open, and no one else beats me to it, I'll get some pictures and such for you!

Oh wow! That would be great. Thanks so much.

So for the lazy river/rapids ride there are NO TUBES,that's a downer,one of the things I like at waterparks is floating in the tubes on the lazy rivers.

Water temp is 86 degrees, they post the temp on the wave pool time clock. One of the lazy rivers has floats. The other one does not. The one with the floats passes under the dolphin habitat, and and has waterfalls and a fish tank on one side. The faster lazy river is a blast. We had a great time!!! My six-year old loved the kids area with the small slides. I will add more later gotta go to work.

So for the lazy river/rapids ride there are NO TUBES,that's a downer,one of the things I like at waterparks is floating in the tubes on the lazy rivers.

The "lazier" of the two rivers, "Loggerhead Lane," does have tubes (in fact, they are required). The "Roas Rapids" ride, the faster river ride, does not allow them.

The map shows a lot more sandy beach area than is currently there--in particular, by the long row of chairs around Loggerhead Lane. (The chairs are already there, along with a sidewalk to nowhere.) I'm wondering if we won't see more sand brought in before too long.

Most everything has been covered.

Was a blast being there Mon. with only about 1000 people.

The Banana Beach Cookout is where you get all you can eat.You can also just pay for 1 meal.$12.95 for adults I belive.As I talked to them there for awhile they told me we could and did take our drinks with us out and around.Just not any food.The food itself was very good.As of our visit it had Watermelon,cantalope/honeydew/pineapple mix,banana pudding,pototo salad,cole slaw,hot dogs,hamburgers,bbq chicken and corn on the cob.

We all loved Roa's Rapids with vests.As was mentioned we went around quite a few times.The 1 wave pool with aggressive waves was fun too.Will have to try with a vest next time.You can eat some water if not paying attention.:rolleyes1

Our kids also enjoyed the smaller kids area with the short slides.Was very easy for them to get right back up to ride again & again.

We'll certainly be back when in Olando.

rich

Most everything has been covered.

Was a blast being there Mon. with only about 1000 people.

The Banana Beach Cookout is where you get all you can eat.You can also just pay for 1 meal.$12.95 for adults I belive.As I talked to them there for awhile they told me we could and did take our drinks with us out and around.Just not any food.The food itself was very good.As of our visit it had Watermelon,cantalope/honeydew/pineapple mix,banana pudding,pototo salad,cole slaw,hot dogs,hamburgers,bbq chicken and corn on the cob.

We all loved Roa's Rapids with vests.As was mentioned we went around quite a few times.The 1 wave pool with aggressive waves was fun too.Will have to try with a vest next time.You can eat some water if not paying attention.:rolleyes1

Our kids also enjoyed the smaller kids area with the short slides.Was very easy for them to get right back up to ride again & again.

We'll certainly be back when in Olando.

rich

Good to know about the drinks. . . might be worth the money just for that. However, I'm interested in what drinks were available. Don't drink soda and mostly interested in water. . . . we drinks lots of water.

^^^ There was one that dispensed a cranberry/grapefruit sugarfree drink and on that part was the water handle.Did try the drink(not bad)but not the water.

rich

Up here in the frozen north, at Camelbeach, we actually can bring picnic coolers from outside; we just have to go to a separate area, just outside the park, to eat (access in and out is via wristband). I don't think we'd get that lucky down there; it is SO cost-effective to bring your own food from home!!

On Aquatica website it says :
No coolers are permitted at Aquatica. Glass and alcoholic beverages are not permitted to enter the park. Guests with coolers may enjoy unlimited access to our picnic pavilion located outside the entrance.

Hope that helps!

I just read that whole review that someone posted the link for. thanks!
we just love blizzard beach and Im wondering if this will meet up to our expections. I sure hope so!

Disney has set a high standard. I think Aquatica will give them a run for their money but I don't think they will meet Disney's standards. We really love TL and BB. We will be down there in 3 weeks and Aquatica will be one of our stops. So, we shall see. I am looking forward to going!!!

Hi guys -

First post!

Most everything has been covered but just wanted to add a few things:

Coolers - they absolutely do not allow coolers through the turnstiles/into the main park. They can either be left in the car, or there is also a bank of lockers located just outside the turnstile area that may be large enough for a small-ish cooler. They also advertise a picnic-type area near the turnstiles but I honestly did not see one...

Bag search/bringing in bottled water - I wrapped a bottle of water in my beach towel. The bag was searched but they did not 'shake out' my towel, so I was able to bring in bottled water. A word of caution for those thinking of smuggling in small amounts of food...I saw Security/bag patrol throwing out 2 of those small individual serving-sized boxes of Froot Loops (like the kind that you get in a hotel buffet) from someone's bag. I thought this was taking the 'no food' stance a bit far. They seemed to be giving people a choice of taking their food back to the car/putting it in a locker or letting it be tossed out. They weren't being mean about it, just strict in enforcing the 'no food brought in, no matter how small, at all' policy.

Wave pools - water temp was around 79 degrees, water was warm but it was definitely chilly when you got out (outside air temp was around 75 degrees that day). If you're on the beach looking at the pools, the one on the right is the 'calm' one and the one on the left is the 'wilder' one. I definitely second the earlier post that mentioned 'eating water' in the wilder/left side wave pool. Both sides are fun but be prepared for the left side pool to be wilder. Wish I'd tried a life vest in the 'wilder' pool, will try that next time. BTW the lifeguards for the wave pools definitely enforce rules for the little ones (i.e. they have to wear life vests and the younger kids have to stay in the shallower area unless they're with an adult). Good to see.

Roa's Rapids (the faster lazy river w/no inner tubes allowed) - has a stronger current than you'd think. I'd never been in anything like it, so I can't compare it to the Hubba Hubba Highway. Since the current is so strong (and seems to speed up near the exit) this can be hard to exit from, so be prepared for the exit (along the right side wall) or you'll end up going around again even if you didn't want to :) We tried this one without life vests first, then tried it again with the life vests. I consider myself an average swimmer and this river was MUCH more enjoyable with the life vests. Wearing a vest makes it much easier to control where you're going and which direction you're pointing - you really can sit back and enjoy the ride. This one is lots of fun.

Regular lazy river (sorry I forgot its name) - 2 different types of tubes/flotation devices. No charge for them. There are the conventional single tubes (round with one hole and 2 handles) and there are 2-person tubes, kinda shaped like a cruller, with 2 holes side by side and 4 handles. I saw the 2-person tubes being used all kinds of ways: a kid in each side, 2 adults using it, one person lying on top, one person w/head and feet poking out w/body underwater...so lots of ways to have fun. You must either use a tube or wear a life vest, no free floating. From this lazy river you can see a small plexiglass area with various fish as well as an underwater viewing area of the Commerson's dolphins and the clear part of the slide that goes through their exhibit. There is no shortage of tubes, you just wade in and grab the tube of your choice as it goes by.

Life vests - Sizes on the vests run from toddler all the way up to adult XXL (Green). I too am 'Pooh-shaped' (like the earlier post) and was initially worried about finding a vest to fit me. Aquatica has you covered - I had no difficulty finding a vest with room to spare. I saw all shapes and sizes of people in the vests and everyone was able to find one that fit them. The vests are there for your enjoyment, don't be afraid to use them (especially on Roa's Rapids). Just pluck one off the rack, strap it on and off you go.
No charge for the vests and you don't have to return them to the exact rack that you took it from - when you're done using it just take it to the closest life vest rack and hang it up.

Animals - the parrots seem to be a permanent attraction and everyone already knows about the Commerson's Dolphins. On the way out (about 15 mins before the park closed) we saw an employee holding an OWL!! It was way cool! She was standing directly across from the small shallow area where the Commerson's dolphins get fed (right near the area where they ask if you want your photo taken), on the right hand side of the walkway. This was not marked on the map as an animal location so I don't know if this will be a permanent thing or not.

Lounge chairs - Tons of lounge chairs on the beach area, 2 different sizes (lounger and regular type chair), they can be moved around however you please. There are numerous big umbrellas that can provide shade for 4-5 lounge chairs at a time. These umbrellas are permamently in the 'open' position and cannot be closed. The beach area is very large, plenty of room for all and faces the wave pools. The sand is white and soft and remains cool even under the sun's rays. There are also lounge chairs around most of the other slides/kids area/etc but these do not appear to have any shade at all. The sidewalks also remained cool so don't worry about burning the bottoms of your bare feet as you walk from attraction to attraction.

Showers (free-standing in the park for sandy feet) - There are also some free-standing showers where you can wash off your feet (from the sand) but they are kind of hard to spot. They're not on the maps and are distinguished by a wood and rope nautical motif.

Showers (regular strip-down type like you have at home) - Some of the restrooms have a separate shower area (each shower is enclosed with a curtain) if you want to shower and change at the park. This area seemed to get really wet and slippery (as did all of the restroom entrances) so please be careful once you step off the 'wipe-your-feet' carpet and onto the slippery tile floor. FYI the restroom stalls appear to be oversized so changing in a stall is definitely do-able. Unfortunately there's no shelf but throwing your clothes over the door works just fine and keeps everything off the wet floor.

Those small water-tight containers to hold your credit cards, passes etc - The gift shop sells those water-tight canisters in 3 different sizes. They STAY water-tight, keep everything inside dry and also FLOAT. Size 1 is a little larger than a credit card and not much wider, would hold 2-3 credit cards and some cash and that's about it. Size 2 is the next larger one and holds 4-5 credit cards, some cash and also a small set of car keys or a locker key. These 2 containers (sold separately) each are attached to a black rope-type breakaway lanyard. Size 3 is a little different - it's a little larger and is shaped specifically for a pair of eyeglasses or sunglasses; this one comes with a caribiner (sp?) metal-type device that hooks onto a bathing suit strap (not a rope breakaway lanyard). I bought Size 2 and Size 3, total was around $18. The breakaway lanyard was WAY too sensitive and kept popping open while I was still at home, so I used a regular lanyard with a clip on the end and attached the 2 waterproof items using the metal circular rings from old key chains. Worked like a charm.

I think that's it. We only did the wave pools and the lazy/not so lazy river so I can't give any info on the slides. Had lots of fun and can't wait to go back. Any questions let me know and I'll try to answer them :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter