anyone listening?

Originally posted by cristen
Who is Michael Brogge? Was he high up?
The Broggie family goes way back in Disney. Roger Broggie was one of the original Imagineers. Micheal is his son.

Originally posted by wdw4us2
Yes, he can, but that would be seen as a no confidence vote to him personally. Other CEO's have left companies with a 20% No vote.
But only because their boards voted them out, or were about to. Not likely to be the scenario here.

:earsboy:

Featuring:

Michael Broggie, "Walt Disney's Railroad Story"

Michael Broggie, the author of "Walt Disney's Railroad Story." The Broggie connection to Disney was initially forged by Michael's father, Roger E. Broggie, a precision machinist at the Disney Studio who became the first Imagineer. As a youngster, Michael took rides on 'Uncle Walt's backyard railroad, the Carolwood Pacific. As a 12 year old, Michael test-drove prototype Autopia cars in 1954, one year before Disneyland opened. In 1960, Michael served as an Autopia cast member and later, after graduating from college, worked as a writer in the studio marketing department. Michael Broggie is a nationally recognized expert on the career and personal history of Walt Disney. He has been a frequent speaker at at the Disney Institute in Orlando and is a consulting historian for Retlaw Enterprises. In 1995 Michael formed the Carolwood Pacific Historical Society to preserve the railroad legacy of Walt Disney.

About the book:
Thousands of books and articles have been written about Walt Disney and his organization, yet few people realize the significance railroading played in the evolution of the Disney empire. Encouraged by Walt's family and railfans inside and outside the Disney organization, Michael Broggie has chronicled the tale of Walt Disney's personal involvement in railroading. This book unveils the private realm of Disney railroading through hundreds of photographs, many of which have never before been made public, and interviews with Mrs. Walt Disney, Diane Disney Miller, Ward Kimball, Ollie Johnston, Bob Harpur, Bill Cottrell, Roger Broggie, Bill Evans, and many others. Walt Disney's love affair with trains began in his hometown of Marceline, Missouri. His first job was selling tobacco, candy, and newspapers on the Missouri Pacific line. By 1950, his enthusiasm for realistic model trains had evolved into an elaborate backyard live steam railroad. Walt's Carolwood Pacific Railroad included a 46-foot-long trestle, loops, overpasses, gradients, an elevated dirt berm, and a 90-foot tunnel underneath Mrs. Disney's flower bed! The complete history of the Disney railroads, from small scale models to steam trains for the Disney parks is covered. This is a book all Disney collectors and railroad enthusiasts will want to experience! Over 300 illustrations, many previously unpublished.

E-mail for more info: info@slorrm.com
copyright ©2001-2002 San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum
website design by studio G

1.7715682 for
771,691,297 NO

Eisner's Vote stats
my bad math says thats 43.56% AGAINST Eisner!

did I hear right? 7 million votes for....77 million against???
guess I heard wrong...wishful hearing :(

43.36% of votes withheld for Eisner. (1,007,715,682 for and 771,691,297 withheld)

I thought there was something magical about 30% that kicked other board rules into play giving stockholder the opportunity to propose their own slate next time.

But only because their boards voted them out, or were about to. Not likely to be the scenario here.

If its over 40%, SOMETHING will have to happen. Even Disney's PR machine only braced the public for a 30% withhold. I've seen several sources say no CEO has ever go more than 28% withhold.

700 million against for ME......Is that what they said???

"Inspector of Elections is prepared"

Final Tally later

The preliminary results (my quick mental calculations based on the numbers that were read off - I'll replay it in a minute and cleanup the numbers):

<OK I've scrubbed the numbers - these are good %s now>

Bryson 22% against
Eisner 44% against
Estrin 23% against
Iger 15% against

1billion 7million777thousand682 to stay 1,700,777,682

777milion witheld authority to vote 777,000,000

wait a minute, did he read that right??? I don't get the right amount of digits on the Eisner vote.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter