anyone listening?

As many as 30% of shareholders were expected to protest Eisner’s leadership at the company, withholding their votes for his reelection as chairman despite the fact he is running unopposed. No chairman of a public company has ever seen more than a 28% withhold vote, according to Fulcrum Global Partners media analyst Richard Greenfield.

Early this afternoon, Eisner's rivals in a press release claimed shareholders withheld more than 40% of votes from Eisner based on their estimates, a "resounding vote of no confidence." Disney has not confirmed or responded. And Reuters confirmed the claim as well. CNBC’s Rebecca Quick said the “whisper” number in the meeting was that 42% of shares had been withheld from Eisner.

And they end the broadcast by playing Whos afraid of the Big Bad Wolf. There a certain irony there.

Does anyone think it is ironic that the first song in the closing music is "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?"

Originally posted by NandP
1billion 7million777thousand682 to stay 1,700,777,682

777milion witheld authority to vote 777,000,000
That would be 1,007,777,682 for.........not 1,700,777,682. 771/1,779 is 43%

Eisner just pronounced the candidates duly elected.............meeting adjourned.

Oh well..............Now it is up to Eisner and the board to determine what to do as a result of the vote.

Hey.............they started to play A Spoonful of Sugar. I think Eisner needs more than that.

Anybody think it's odd that they played "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf" as Eisner walks off the stage?

The song that played on the Disney webstream immediately following is "Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?" It ended, and now they're playing "Following the Leader." Nice selections.

Hehe, hound, we posted at the same time! Too funny. Just another example of Eisner's big head, in my opinion!

Not the withhold number, but the "for" vote.

Is it 1,700,715,682

or

I thought he said "One billion, seven million...."

The last song they started to play was Spoonful of Sugar. ME is gonna need more than that!!!

Does anyone know if there is a link to listen to the meeting again? My brother and dad would like to hear it (and I'd like to hear the parts that I missed).

The last song they played was " A Spoonfull of Suger Helps the Medicine Go Down". Whoever was running the webcast has a real sense of humor.

Makes you wonder if whoever's choosing the music has a sense of humor like ours!

Edit: crossposting again :)

Originally posted by gcurling
Not the withhold number, but the "for" vote.

Is it 1,700,715,682

or

I thought he said "One billion, seven million...."
Greg..........it was 1 Billion, 7 million, 715 Thousand, 682 (1,007,715,682)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter