April 2010 ABD Backstage Magic : California Here We Come!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday Kathy!

1.5 days of work left for us. Pack the suitcases over the weekend then head to the airport on Monday morning.

To all who are beginning their travels over the next few days, please do so with care.

See everyone soon.

Happy Trails all you soon travelers!

I'm leaving latest in the line-up, as I'm not leaving until early Tuesday morning. I'll be staying two nights after the trip. I decided it would be
too difficult to move from the trip into real life immediately, so I have two buffer days at the Grand Californian before I have to contemplate leaving the bubble.

I'll be in trip prep mode tomorrow with final shopping for camera bits and pieces and then a start of packing.

I can hardly believe that the moment is here. :woohoo::banana::woohoo:

Happy Birthday Kathy!!!!

I was finished packing on Sunday. The only thing that needs in my backpack is my phone, computer and the cords. I have been cleaning my house because a friend is coming over tomorrow and then I leave for Denver around 11:00 MST on Friday.
I have all of Buddy's stuff together for my friend that will be watching him while I'm gone. I think I'm about done with everything! WOOHOO!!!!!

Happy Birthday Kathy !!!!!!

We will indeed celebrate when we see you this week. :bday:

Things have been hectic around here lately and I haven't been on the boards in months, but we are coming. I'm really looking forward to this trip. I can't wait to see everyone again. :yay:

Things have been hectic around here lately and I haven't been on the boards in months, but we are coming. I'm really looking forward to this trip. I can't wait to see everyone again. :yay:

SUSAN!!!!

Whatcha do? Run off and get married??? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Looking forward to seeing you and Jason next week. Have a safe trip. Give J-Kim a kiss for me.

SUSAN!!!!

Whatcha do? Run off and get married??? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Looking forward to seeing you and Jason next week. Have a safe trip. Give J-Kim a kiss for me.

Not yet, few more months to go. :bride:

Having some family issues...will discuss when I see you.

We are leaving in the morning....woohoo !!!! :banana: I am ready for some FUN and GOOD FRIENDS !!

We arrived in Las Vegas yesterday to a little drama. Seems that somewhere between Milwaukee security and here I have lost my ID. I spent much of the afternoon yesterday filing reports with every agency/company we came in contact with yesterday to see if it was turned in. Most said to check again today. We are supposed to fly to California tomorrow. TSA assured me I'll be able to fly it will just take more time with security. Can't wait to see everyone in less than a week!

:sick:

Couldn't get into the doctor - so I saw a nurse practioner here at work this morning. I am so loaded up with meds now that I feel like a walking pharmacy. Mucinex. Sudafed and Afrin for the flight. She says it's a viral thing that's turning bacterial for some people, so she also gave me an antibiotic in case things change while I'm gone.

However :mad:, I believe that I am actually allergic to what she gave me - or at least that I shouldn't take it. I am allergic to erythromycin and she gave me azithromycin (Z-Pak). I asked her specifically - "Can I take that since I'm allergic to erythromycin?" Her answer was an emphatic yes. It still sounded fishy to me, so I checked on drugs.com when I got back to my desk and the very first sentence says that "individuals who have had an allergic reaction to erythromycin should not take azithromycin.":headache::mad:

I'm headed back down there for something else. Hopefully I won't need it regardless, but jeesh. I shouldn't have to figure this out myself.

I am just going to will myself well. I've waited for this trip for a year. I am not going to let the potential of painful ears get me down!:rolleyes: I'm sure once we get there, the excitement will override any symptoms anyway!

We arrived in Las Vegas yesterday to a little drama. Seems that somewhere between Milwaukee security and here I have lost my ID. I spent much of the afternoon yesterday filing reports with every agency/company we came in contact with yesterday to see if it was turned in. Most said to check again today. We are supposed to fly to California tomorrow. TSA assured me I'll be able to fly it will just take more time with security. Can't wait to see everyone in less than a week!

Well.....of course.....YOU have drama !!!!

popcorn::

staying tuned.................................

Hi Susan!

Hi Susan! :wave2:

Dodie, I hope you start feeling better soon. :grouphug: That's scary that she told you to take the meds! That could kill someone. :sad2:

Tracy, I hope someone turns your ID in. I'm always worried I might lose my ID in the airport. Have a great time in Las Vegas.

party: Happy Birthday Kathy party:

:sick: Dodie, glad you got meds - take care :hug:

Things have been hectic around here lately and I haven't been on the boards in months, but we are coming. I'm really looking forward to this trip. I can't wait to see everyone again. :yay:[/SIZE]

there you are! :teleport: We on this thread were wondering how you two :bride: pirate: were doing! :goodvibes

TSA assured me I'll be able to fly it will just take more time with security. Can't wait to see everyone in less than a week!

:headache: At least you know you can get to LA :yay:

And Nancy...not holding out on you grrl but you know how it goes: If I tell you, then I have to... :rolleyes1 or I can't find the blog again :rotfl2: And if I'm wrong...you should know not to believe what you read on the Internet :lmao:

:cheer2: :thumbsup2 to all those who are packed and ready to go :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

:grouphug: safe travels, all :grouphug:

:dance3:

cheers,
:flower3:

Dodie, I hope you start feeling better soon. :grouphug: That's scary that she told you to take the meds! That could kill someone. :sad2:

Tracy, I hope someone turns your ID in. I'm always worried I might lose my ID in the airport. Have a great time in Las Vegas.

Hi Anna :wave2:

See ya soon

Susan! It's great to see you. If you go back through the thread you'll notice that we've been asking/wondering about you and Jason!

party: Happy Birthday Kathy party:

:sick: Dodie, glad you got meds - take care :hug:

there you are! :teleport: We on this thread were wondering how you two :bride: pirate: were doing! :goodvibes

:headache: At least you know you can get to LA :yay:

And Nancy...not holding out on you grrl but you know how it goes: If I tell you, then I have to... :rolleyes1 or I can't find the blog again :rotfl2: And if I'm wrong...you should know not to believe what you read on the Internet :lmao:

:cheer2: :thumbsup2 to all those who are packed and ready to go :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

:grouphug: safe travels, all :grouphug:

:dance3:

cheers,
:flower3:

We are doing great !! Just have been really busy with family, house, and wedding plans. I know we've been MIA around here, but we are so ready for this trip. :yay:

Tracy- I hope everything works out for you and your ID does turn up. Between attempting to travel and having to replace it when you get home, major hassles.

Does TSA do strip searches and body cavity checks? :rolleyes:

Dodie - you work for a major pharma company and they don't know about drug allergies? :scared1::scared1: Seriously, I hope you feel better soon.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next week!

:scared1: I can't begin to imagine that happening. I'm always so on edge with airport security - having my ID misplaced would put right over the edge.

Have a safe and "uneventful" trip to CA - ;)

I went on the Backstage Magic ABD last December. It was so much fun we booked again for this October. We had rain half the trip and it was still great. Michael and Jaime were our guides and were terrific; though I am sure all of them are great. Hope you all have a safe, wonderful trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter