Biggest Pet Peeve(s) when you visit Disney?

Lol, work with the public and you will see it all...children running wild while mom and dad are on their phones,people on their phones and ignoring their families/servers, etc...yes,it IS ok to discipline your kids,but the 15 sets of parents in my family,including my late parents,all managed to raise well-behaved kids without physical discipline.The ill-behaved kids I see in my business all have inattentive, self-centered parents and are usually acting out to get attention.Of course,sometimes there are just bad seeds,too, but it usually goes back to the parents.
Oh, I agree, it absolutely goes back to the parents! I am a public high school teacher, and when there is an issue with a student, things always become clear once I meet the parent!

Oh, I agree, it absolutely goes back to the parents! I am a public high school teacher, and when there is an issue with a student, things always become clear once I meet the parent!
Bless you! 2 of my dear friends are educators,one 8th grade the other a HS Principal, my niece is a 7th grade teacher who is only 5'1 and looks as YOUNG as her students. Teachers are the backbone of our society and are NOT getting help from parents,the government or the students.That being said, I WAS the parent who took my kids out for wdw trips, but I promise they were straight A kids and I did volunteer work their entire K-12 years and voted yes for every referrendum.

Disney is partially to blame for this. In 2008, 2010 and 2012 I didn't even bring my phone to the parks. Now you have to have it to check ride times, change FP's, etc.

You don't have to have a phone in the park..... Iknow, I know, that's an antiquated idea. I leave my phone in the room and if I need to change a fast pass, I use a kiosk. If I want to know the ride time, I wander over and look.
I guess I am the odd one out, but don't feel I really need a phone. It can be annoying to carry into the parks, for ME>

You guys are all forgetting a very important one...people who STINK! Maybe because I’m usually there in August it seems to be a constant issue. I just don’t get it. I start my day with a shower and you bet your bottom I end it with a shower. My daughter walks in the room after a day in the parks dead tired and it’s midnight but she knows she’s getting in the shower!!

I admit we are empty nest so, yup, it has been a while since I've had to deal with strollers. But our 1st visit to WDW was in 2003 and my kids were 4, 4 and 6 (twins 4 plus one 6) and we did it without a stroller because it would have been too big a pain for us to deal with. We did US and Seaworld one day each too, that trip (thought it would be one and done trip), and rented a stroller at one of those places and it was a huge PITA. HUGE! Someday, with the grand babies, we will likely be with a stroller at WDW. Uggghhh...I dread it. I'd take a single umbrella stroller and have kids share...JMO. (but I also admit we go into parks with no bags either...just have lanyard with zipper pouch for cash, license, DVC and AP and TIW cards and a bandaid...phone in pocket...everything else we can buy if needed...but also admit we don't do commando anymore either and maybe just 4-5 hours in a park)
Same here - no bags - just phone in pocket and cards in zipper pouch off a lanyard. We did bring our new grand Oct of 2018 - nice small SummerD umbrella type stroller - SIL wanted to bring big jogging stroller - glad my daughter convinced him otherwise

The stroller hate is strong in this group. With multiple kids the same age, I couldn't have made our first few trips without a double stroller ... so I think my peeve revolving strollers is the kids that are big enough to walk in them all of the time. If we cut down on the over five year old (other than those with medical issues), being pushed around we'd probably cut the number of strollers in half.

Mine is inconsiderate people in general, and that's for anywhere not just Disney. Most of the things mentioned here annoy me, but if someone then realizes they did it and say sorry, I'm fine with it. I've been guilty of doing things that annoy me (mainly stopping in the middle of a sidewalk or walking more than maybe two in a row), but when I realize it and if it is impacting someone I make sure to say sorry. If you hit someone with your stroller, or step in front of them, your kids (or you) run into someone just say sorry, that goes a huge way (well for me, maybe others are different).

It’s very sad when parents are screaming at their kids... last trip I saw a child at the entrance of ToT crying and telling mom he was scared and didn’t want to ride. The mom totally lost it and screamed at the kid, saying that he’s ruining the whole family’s vacation... which, of course, only made the poor guy cry harder. So much for making magical family memories :(

Definitely sad! People get so wrapped up in trying to do it all or making it “perfect”. Disney can be just as magical at a slower pace!

People who are directed to go all the way across the row and sit down halfway across.

Ooh, I forgot that one!

Bless you! 2 of my dear friends are educators,one 8th grade the other a HS Principal, my niece is a 7th grade teacher who is only 5'1 and looks as YOUNG as her students. Teachers are the backbone of our society and are NOT getting help from parents,the government or the students.That being said, I WAS the parent who took my kids out for wdw trips, but I promise they were straight A kids and I did volunteer work their entire K-12 years and voted yes for every referrendum.
Bless you too! Supportive parents make our jobs sooo much easier. And I'm the teacher who totally understand kids missing school for WDW, lol! I may have missed a day or two myself for the same reason! :)

Disney is partially to blame for this. In 2008, 2010 and 2012 I didn't even bring my phone to the parks. Now you have to have it to check ride times, change FP's, etc.

Okay, but it's definitely possible to be making FP's or checking wait times on your phone and still be aware of what's going on around you.

And if your kid needs to be entertained with a phone in line or wherever, just bring headphones.

Mine is inconsiderate people in general, and that's for anywhere not just Disney. Most of the things mentioned here annoy me, but if someone then realizes they did it and say sorry, I'm fine with it. I've been guilty of doing things that annoy me (mainly stopping in the middle of a sidewalk or walking more than maybe two in a row), but when I realize it and if it is impacting someone I make sure to say sorry. If you hit someone with your stroller, or step in front of them, your kids (or you) run into someone just say sorry, that goes a huge way (well for me, maybe others are different).

A lot of these resonate with me and can be minor annoyances for a brief minute. Then I realize I am on vacation and focus on what IS going well instead of what annoys me. I am sure that at one point and time I have annoyed someone unintentionally at WDW, so I let a great deal slide and enjoy the day.

I love WDW but I do have a few gripes and it's not about the parks it's about the people in them.
People who just think they are the center of the universe and don't consider anyone around them - putting kids on shoulders, using lights on rides, holding up ipads for shows etc
And my other is with the "sanitizer people" My Goodness what is up with everyone using hand sanitizer. Germs won't kill you! In fact the hand sanitizer will if you use it too much.
The worst we saw was a poor little girl who was clearly so thirsty run up to a water fountain, her mother come up and slapped her across the face and said "Don't you EVER use that disgusting thing again" and covered her head to toe in sanitizer.
I'm pretty sure the face slap and screaming session would have affected her more than using the water fountain ever would.

I love WDW but I do have a few gripes and it's not about the parks it's about the people in them.
People who just think they are the center of the universe and don't consider anyone around them - putting kids on shoulders, using lights on rides, holding up ipads for shows etc
And my other is with the "sanitizer people" My Goodness what is up with everyone using hand sanitizer. Germs won't kill you! In fact the hand sanitizer will if you use it too much.
The worst we saw was a poor little girl who was clearly so thirsty run up to a water fountain, her mother come up and slapped her across the face and said "Don't you EVER use that disgusting thing again" and covered her head to toe in sanitizer.
I'm pretty sure the face slap and screaming session would have affected her more than using the water fountain ever would.

On a funnier note about hand sanitizer, we were in line behind a family that the mom kept hand sanitizing the 3 kids. I don't remember the line we were in, but I just remember she gave it to them twice (maybe 3 times) while we were in line. The last time as we were getting closer, the mom turned to put it back into her purse and the dad was looking away. Right as she did this, the little boy (maybe 3ish) licked the railing from one upright to another. We were cracking up. This mom was doing everything in her power to keep them sanitized, and the kid was being a kid and did something gross lol.

I thought of another pet peeve of mine:

Disney World has the most awful, thinnest, cheapest, worthless, sorriest excuse for toilet paper I have ever experienced in my 47 years of life. Seriously, it is the worst. It makes having to use the public restrooms that much more miserable.

I thought of another pet peeve of mine:

Disney World has the most awful, thinnest, cheapest, worthless, sorriest excuse for toilet paper I have ever experienced in my 47 years of life. Seriously, it is the worst. It makes having to use the public restrooms that much more miserable.
100%!!!
Im guilty of that at my business,too, only because the cost is so high and my restrooms are open to the public. At home I use Cottonelle.

People who STOP in the MIDDLE of a WALKING PATH to look at a map, make a fast pass or just chat really irritate me! If you need to stop walking, MOVE OVER!

We've had several trips in the last few years with first-timers accompanying us, and this is one of the things I warn them about and tell them to not be one of those people. My line is "there are a lot of people there and you're in busy traffic, it may be foot traffic but it's traffic. If you want to stop and talk about what to do next or whatever else, feel free to do so AFTER MOVING TO THE SIDE WHERE YOU ARE OUT OF TRAFFIC!"

People who drop trash on the ground, and don't pick it up.
People who can't use the bathroom without making a mess. And then then rant about how messy the bathrooms are. :rolleyes2
People who come to a stop right when they get off an escalator. There are people behind you that need to get off too! Move.
People who do not keep up with the line. I'm not talking they leave a foot of space, but when 10 people could fit it is time to move up.

People who complain about food and water costs. Not knowing you can get free cups of water at any QS and that the meals you just ordered for your 3,6,8 year olds can feed 2 adults (nugget basket as an example). Sure wdw costs alot and you should be aware but to than over buy due to no research and complain . Comon..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter