Boulder Ridge Referb

We're going this summer, still deciding where to stay-if they got a refurb by then, it would definitely be a contender! Stayed at Saratoga this summer, their new rooms are beautiful!

That would be great! Thanks! And I'm so jealous!!

That's what I'm thinking also. The reno at SSR took a couple years because of size. I'm not sure we'd notice any availability changes for BRV.
Also there was a Covid shutdown and DVC terminated a subcontractor and there is a lawsuit over that too.

I really just wish they’d tell us when the refurb is taking place, so we’d know! I have a huge extended friends and family trip planned for Feb 2022, and was originally excited we’d be in refurbed rooms. For some of my family, this will be their first trip to BRV. Now with all the delays, they’ll not get to be in a nicely refurbed room and I’m disappointed FOR them.
right now for next June, we have two days at Copper Creek in 2BR and 5 in a 2BR at BRV for a spilt stay. Seven months approaching and same points obviously so we're on the fence if we should try for all 7 for Copper Creek or even all 7 at BRV if the reno will be complete by then. It would be difficult, I think, to go from CCV to BRV assuming it's the same as it is now as far as the room is considered so would be nice to know the plan.

Is the current state of these rooms really that bad? I don't mind an outdated theme... but I do mind old carpet with potential allergens, and anything that has the potential to be growing mold due to age.

Yikes, OK, I'll stick with Old Key West Studio. :earsboy: Thanks.
That's what happens when your softgoods refurb is a joke and then you fullrefurb is postponed 76 times because the powers that be hate VWL for no known reason and decide that even though VWL has been multiply postponed they simply caaaan't postpone VGF or Poly.

I didn’t think the rooms were in that bad of shape. But I was very disappointed that there was absolutely nothing to do.
no boat rentals, no transportation between resorts, no bikes, no dvds. I was sorry I stayed for 6 nights.

We stayed at a BRV studio last week for 5 nights. I did think the rooms were dated and the carpet was terrible in my room, a refurb is definitely needed.

The biggest issue we had were the outlets.
No outlet in the ‘room’ part worked correctly. Not one. They were pushed back into the wall and plugs would just fall out. It really was disappointing for the amount of phone usuage required at Disney and charging needed when relaxing before bed.

We made do with the kitchenette area plugs, but I was considering asking for another room but didn’t want to think about packing up again.

We stayed at a BRV studio last week for 5 nights. I did think the rooms were dated and the carpet was terrible in my room, a refurb is definitely needed.

The biggest issue we had were the outlets.
No outlet in the ‘room’ part worked correctly. Not one. They were pushed back into the wall and plugs would just fall out. It really was disappointing for the amount of phone usuage required at Disney and charging needed when relaxing before bed.

We made do with the kitchenette area plugs, but I was considering asking for another room but didn’t want to think about packing up again.
We had the same outlet issue at BCV in March. I had to use a box to prop up a plug to stay in the outlet.....

So now they’ve announced they’re redoing all the GFV’s, is this going to push this again? The existing villas aren’t exactly hurting for a refurb from what I’ve seen.

They had better not. Maybe we should all write member satisfaction about this. Schedule BRV’s refurb already!
I think it's great they are updating all the resorts with Murphy beds but can we start with the resorts that need a refurb the most. A lot of the GFV look new still from what I've seen. It's going to be such a huge upgrade to get that carpet out and install that murphy bed..

Last edited:
We had the same outlet issue at BCV in March. I had to use a box to prop up a plug to stay in the outlet.....
How is any of this acceptable? This stuff should be taken care of regardless of an upcoming re-furb.

I really hope it’s not a surprise refurb. I am booking a trip for may at BRV and would book elsewhere if there is going to be construction. Since there was no mention of construction we’re booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter