Brazil - the next likely pavilion

I have no problem with Brazil or any other country...as long as it's a based on a real country...

I just don't know if from a business standpoint it's such a "no brainer"...I think a lot of people are getting distracted by the tour groups...just cause they go there, doesn't mean Epcot needs Brazil.

Honestly, I think it's more logical from the merchandizing point rather than the tour groups. Brazilian food, festivals, natural beauty, Americans can find it on a map.Familiar and exotic, easy to have wide appeal. I don't think it'll happen but I think it would be on the finalist list if they were serious about expanding showcase.

To make it feel more like Brazil, Disney will have to hire some new cast members to abduct people. Then force the remaining family members to pay a ransom... after they used all their fastpasses of course.

Excuse me?
I'd argue with you, but I guess it's not use doing it so with the person who, on a single thread, managed to say Up and Emperor's New Groove were set on Brazil and that we would chant and dance for an hour before realizing we've been imprisoned.

Honestly I think Brazil gave us their answer as to what their pavilion would be ................. did you watch the opening/closing ceremony of the Olympics where countries showcase what makes them so special. Practically crickets. I saw carnival and a single model.
Oh, thank you. So we show a lot of Brazilian music, different kinds of traditional dances, showcasing a lot of our history and culture and our natural fauna and flora in a ceremony internationally aclaimed just so you can say you saw "carnival and a single model". Maybe you could have watched more closely (or study more about it so you can understand it). It really doesn't surprise me that more than one person just went ahead and said our Spanish roots have nothing to add to EPCOT. Perhaps you could enlighten me on what was so great about the last Summer Olympics opening ceremony held in your country or what can be showcased in the next one?

Romania would be great - beautiful country especially Brasov and the Carpathian mountains and last time I visited all you needed was $2 dollars US payable immediately to the policia to fix whatever technicality you breached.
That said, Europe is pretty much already well represented and Greece has a lot to draw from historically so would seem a better choice if they wanted another European type country.

I'm a California native and I quite enjoyed riding the CA version of Soarin (in both CA and Florida) it was fun to recognize the various scenic places in my state.
We dont have Eastern Europe all that represented though. Romania would be hella cool

I think Greece, Egypt, some major African country like Nigeria, Romania, Poland, Australia, Peru, and Colombia are my current dream list (and if I was really reaching for the stars, Russia)

Honestly, I think it's more logical from the merchandizing point rather than the tour groups. Brazilian food, festivals, natural beauty, Americans can find it on a map.Familiar and exotic, easy to have wide appeal. I don't think it'll happen but I think it would be on the finalist list if they were serious about expanding showcase.

I don't either...I think adding a ride to France is one thing...new countries are as much of a headache as anything...I still think that the story on that has already been written.

Oh, thank you. So we show a lot of Brazilian music, different kinds of traditional dances, showcasing a lot of our history and culture and our natural fauna and flora in a ceremony internationally aclaimed just so you can say you saw "carnival and a single model". Maybe you could have watched more closely (or study more about it so you can understand it). It really doesn't surprise me that more than one person just went ahead and said our Spanish roots have nothing to add to EPCOT. Perhaps you could enlighten me on what was so great about the last Summer Olympics opening ceremony held in your country or what can be showcased in the next one?

I get that it feels personal, but it wasn't just a personal opinion of mine.

The best reviews came when Tokyo took over at the closing and it was finally over.

I have no interest in debating.

I don't believe this is a good choice for Epcot. Disney will never present the costuming that comes with most the dance, nor will they go the "carnival" route (that is Universal style) ... there is a need for architecture not fauna/flora in WS. I think most would want something really different or more unique ... such as Greece.

Lol. Believe me, I'm not. That may be the only South American country everyone got right on the tests I graded as a ta.

How sad ...

Brazil seems so tame. The creativity from imagineering is really gone these days...aside from flight of passage the newest trends have just been blah

Brazil seems so tame. The creativity from imagineering is really gone these days...aside from flight of passage the newest trends have just been blah

What a ridiculous criticism. What's tame about Pandora as a whole? It's the biggest risk Disney has taken in years. Imagineering is at the top of its game and will be putting out plenty of incredible work in the next 4 years.

As for Brazil, it's an excellent choice. There is literally no South American representation in all of Disney World with the exception of it's a small world maybe. It's a lush, beautiful, culturally rich country and will be a perfect addition to World Showcase. Aside from Australia (one of my dreams is to see it in Animal Kingdom one day) I think it's absolutely the best choice (Egypt or India would also be awesome).

How much do you actually know about Brazil?

Because I find that a pretty hilarious critique given that Germany, Italy, UK, France, Canada AND AMERICA exist as pavilions already. Brazil and its food is probably more exotic to WDW visitors than most of the existing world showcase!:rotfl:

What a ridiculous criticism. What's tame about Pandora as a whole? It's the biggest risk Disney has taken in years. Imagineering is at the top of its game and will be putting out plenty of incredible work in the next 4 years.

As for Brazil, it's an excellent choice. There is literally no South American representation in all of Disney World with the exception of it's a small world maybe. It's a lush, beautiful, culturally rich country and will be a perfect addition to World Showcase. Aside from Australia (one of my dreams is to see it in Animal Kingdom one day) I think it's absolutely the best choice (Egypt or India would also be awesome).

There are a lot more culturally exotic choices out there ala morocco.

As for pandora... they could have done a lot more. The boat ride was a waste of space, time and money.

There are a lot more culturally exotic choices out there ala morocco.

As for pandora... they could have done a lot more. The boat ride was a waste of space, time and money.

I agree about countries like Morocco. Morocco does the job of representing the Middle East even though it really isn't in the ME... but it's got some of the similar culture/food/architecture.

I'd love to see an actual Middle Eastern country added, but it is represented in its own way. However, we have two entire continents not represented anywhere in WDW. The new pavillion had to represent one of them. And Brazil is more "exotic" compared to Australia. So I think they made the best pick.

I agree about countries like Morocco. Morocco does the job of representing the Middle East even though it really isn't in the ME... but it's got some of the similar culture/food/architecture.

I'd love to see an actual Middle Eastern country added, but it is represented in its own way. However, we have two entire continents not represented anywhere in WDW. The new pavillion had to represent one of them. And Brazil is more "exotic" compared to Australia. So I think they made the best pick.

I wonder if Morrocco would be added today. I don't think so. It would invite criticism that Disney would not want.

Morocco at that time was definitely seen as more European than else. Safe "post card" Hollywood destination. Not really any more. It's on my bucket list but I'm undecided as to whether or not I'd go solo.

I wonder if Morrocco would be added today. I don't think so. It would invite criticism that Disney would not want.

Morocco at that time was definitely seen as more European than else. Safe "post card" Hollywood destination. Not really any more. It's on my bucket list but I'm undecided as to whether or not I'd go solo.

This is so true - and there was something inherently romantic, mysterious and glamorous about Morocco back when it was added to the World Showcase. But it's SUCH a different place now.

That said, the Morocco pavilion is easily the most intricate and impressive of all the World Showcase countries. I don't feel like people spend enough time wandering through the buildings and admiring the impressive handiwork.

Not sure if this video was posted, but has a nice aerial graphic of how the new pavilion would fit in EPCOT:

This is so true - and there was something inherently romantic, mysterious and glamorous about Morocco back when it was added to the World Showcase. But it's SUCH a different place now.

That said, the Morocco pavilion is easily the most intricate and impressive of all the World Showcase countries. I don't feel like people spend enough time wandering through the buildings and admiring the impressive handiwork.

It's a wonderful building. I feel like it's so underutilized too. A fantastic atmosphere for shopping and dining, but I felt like the options fell rather short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter