California Grill ADR Brunch not able to book?

I used Disney's online chat feature to ask about this.

The CM I spoke with said that the location is not scheduled to be closed for any period of time, but they also saw that there were no times listed for brunch. The CM recommended calling the Disney Dine team at 407-560-2428 as they might be able to verify why it isn't listed. I was told that in the event of a change or closure we would be notified by Disney. I'm at work and not able to call right now, but might try later.

The CM apologized for not being able to give a more specific answer. I let them know that I asked partly because I wanted to make someone aware that the brunch listings were not appearing in case it was a glitch, and they thanked me and said they had reported it just in case.

This doesn't give me a lot of peace of mind, but at least the answer wasn't that they are for sure cancelling brunch.

Doing the brunch for the first time on 6/24. Watching this thread for updates. Honestly I know the price is high, but the food offerings are so good maybe they aren't making enough on the brunch to keep it going?

Doing the brunch for the first time on 6/24. Watching this thread for updates. Honestly I know the price is high, but the food offerings are so good maybe they aren't making enough on the brunch to keep it going?
You can also use 2 TS DDP credits on it, so maybe that's part of the "problem." Though I'm not convinced this is an actual problem yet, I'm holding out hope that it's a website glitch.

You can also use 2 TS DDP credits on it, so maybe that's part of the "problem." Though I'm not convinced this is an actual problem yet, I'm holding out hope that it's a website glitch.

Probably just a glitch. The 2 TS DDP credits seems pretty in line with the OOP cost. Do you think it should cost more than 2? Or be removed from the DDP altogether?

Hmm, brunch was showing a few days ago, but there was no availability at 180 for the first week of December. I started checking Sundays between now and then and found one Sunday with availability, which struck me as odd.

We do have a reservation for the first week of October, however if this folds, I will be disappointed...mostly at myself for forgetting to eat here during recent trips.

That is exactly how I feel. We tried to go the last 3 trips and never made it. I can't wait to try it.

If anything, they should be expanding the number of days they offer it, not canceling it.

It was a big highlight of our recent trip. So elegant and delicious and worth the price.

I agree they should expand it - I can't wait to try it - I hope.

Dear Disney,
Please, please, please expand Ca Grill brunch to Saturday AND Sunday.
Gratefully yours,
ShyMiss
PS Please do the same with ALL brunches.

:dogdance: I agree!!!!

I updated my 7/22 brunch time yesterday so I'd say its a glitch. I did do it via the website and not the app.

I agree - but would love it to get fixed soon.

Probably just a glitch. The 2 TS DDP credits seems pretty in line with the OOP cost. Do you think it should cost more than 2? Or be removed from the DDP altogether?
I totally think the 2 credits are reasonable, but I think when the brunch was first available it wasn't on the DDP, so maybe now they feel like they aren't making enough/as much money?

I totally think 2 credits is right, and I think it should be on the DDP.

I was there with my family and there were 7 of us. We got the AP discount so our bill before tax and tip was $504.

You can buy a boat load of food for that kind of money. Granted, there are labor costs, but a handful of tables should cover their expenses no problem, especially considering Disney pays no rent.

They probably took it offline temporarily while they change the menu to include unlimited bloody marys or to lower the price.

:lmao:

I am somebody who thinks that most extras like the dessert parties and MNSSHP are the biggest rip-offs in the World, but I found the brunch to be completely worth the price. I would be willing to pay even more if they threw in the Bloody Mary bar.

I used Disney's online chat feature to ask about this.

The CM I spoke with said that the location is not scheduled to be closed for any period of time, but they also saw that there were no times listed for brunch. The CM recommended calling the Disney Dine team at 407-560-2428 as they might be able to verify why it isn't listed. I was told that in the event of a change or closure we would be notified by Disney. I'm at work and not able to call right now, but might try later.

The CM apologized for not being able to give a more specific answer. I let them know that I asked partly because I wanted to make someone aware that the brunch listings were not appearing in case it was a glitch, and they thanked me and said they had reported it just in case.

This doesn't give me a lot of peace of mind, but at least the answer wasn't that they are for sure cancelling brunch.

Well I had some time to wait and called. The wait wasn't bad. I asked the question if the California Grill is still serving brunch and she asked me for the date. She looked it up and said no it is not available, but if it becomes available they will open it. I tried to explain myself then she said they are only offering dinner. I explained again that I have a reservation and she looked it up and then says there are probably no more tables available. So frustrating. I asked again if they cancelled serving brunch and she said we would have a posting if something was cancelled so it must not be cancelled. Then I asked her if she would do me a favor and call the California Grill and ask them if they are still serving brunch.

Well she called and this is what she said. They said the brunch was taken off the website and right now you still have the reservation but it is subject to change and that they are leaving if off the website until further notice. Then she said changes could be coming. :(

Ugh Ugh Ugh!!!

I wonder if that is why they started up brunch now at Homecomin'. I hope it's wrong or I don't know what I will do w/ all my credits. Not a lot of places to go for lunch for 2 credits. I booked both Sundays and all my ADRs are booked on the bases that 16 credits are gone (4 people).

Well I had some time to wait and called. The wait wasn't bad. I asked the question if the California Grill is still serving brunch and she asked me for the date. She looked it up and said no it is not available, but if it becomes available they will open it. I tried to explain myself then she said they are only offering dinner. I explained again that I have a reservation and she looked it up and then says there are probably no more tables available. So frustrating. I asked again if they cancelled serving brunch and she said we would have a posting if something was cancelled so it must not be cancelled. Then I asked her if she would do me a favor and call the California Grill and ask them if they are still serving brunch.

Well she called and this is what she said. They said the brunch was taken off the website and right now you still have the reservation but it is subject to change and that they are leaving if off the website until further notice. Then she said changes could be coming. :(

Ugh Ugh Ugh!!!
Okay so that's a huge bummer.

I wonder if that is why they started up brunch now at Homecomin'. I hope it's wrong or I don't know what I will do w/ all my credits. Not a lot of places to go for lunch for 2 credits. I booked both Sundays and all my ADRs are booked on the bases that 16 credits are gone (4 people).

I wonder about that too. I can understand picking a date like BOG did and starting the change then - but not for those who have reservations already.

Ugh Ugh Ugh!!!
Ugh that sounds horrible! How can they not say anything for a reservation that is in a couple days? I have no clue what I'll do if they cancel it

Ugh that sounds horrible! How can they not say anything for a reservation that is in a couple days? I have no clue what I'll do if they cancel it
I just made a reservation at Homecomin' for brunch the day we were going to do Cali Grill... at the time I was trying to change my Cali Grill reservation to. So if the Cali Grill brunch gets cancelled we have a back up plan. But I'm honestly really bummed about the potential for this to go away.

I am sure you will be fine. They would have had to contact you. But you could be a huge help and come back after Sunday and let us know what they say. Our ADR is not until August - so the changes might occur before then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter