California Grill ADR Brunch not able to book?

front line cm's know less than we know on the DIS. You can call but you will either get someone who doesn't know and admits it or someone who doesn't know and makes it up.

front line cm's know less than we know on the DIS. You can call but you will either get someone who doesn't know and admits it or someone who doesn't know and makes it up.
I would generally agree with you, but seeing as the CM that the earlier poster called actually contacted California Grill and talked to them, I feel like the information that was provided was probably more accurate than what we sometimes get.

Just caught up — this thread has picked up since page 1 this AM so I must not be the only one panicking slightly :yo-yo:

Thank you to those that reached out to disney. I hope someone dining at the CG this week (even for dinner) won’t mind asking the restaurant directly what’s going on- that may be the only way to know for sure. Really hoping for the best (price or menu change - as long as we don’t lose Sushi!) popcorn::

I really hope it’s not cancelled and hope that those of you who haven’t gotten there yet, get a chance to experience it.

Between the atmosphere, view, service and fine food, it was an upscale and special, yet relaxing experience. Wonderful in every way.

Thank you - I hope its not cancelled too. I bet they are doing a pricing change - or maybe no food stations.

Both times I've booked it (march and may) wouldn't show up on MDE.. mini panic attacks that they had been wiped off the system. I hope they haven't gone away

I hope so too!

We were there on 5/27! My husband had the chicken and waffles, but the printed menu we received at the restaurant didn't mention the waffles. He had it during our previous visit in September, so he was happy they didn't ditch the waffles. We also really enjoyed the crepes Suzette station! Really hoping we can score a reservation for our next trip this September. It has become a birthday tradition for us :)

I hope you get it too!

Just caught up — this thread has picked up since page 1 this AM so I must not be the only one panicking slightly :yo-yo:

Thank you to those that reached out to disney. I hope someone dining at the CG this week (even for dinner) won’t mind asking the restaurant directly what’s going on- that may be the only way to know for sure. Really hoping for the best (price or menu change - as long as we don’t lose Sushi!) popcorn::

Yes it did pick up. I was so hoping for computer issues.

You are right - the CM that answered the phone didn't know at all. But again Disney's fault for not training properly. There should have been a note on California grill that there is a hold on ADRs for brunch until further notice. The Disboard is truly so helpful as we all work together!

I would generally agree with you, but seeing as the CM that the earlier poster called actually contacted California Grill and talked to them, I feel like the information that was provided was probably more accurate than what we sometimes get.

Yes the CM did call for me but only after me asking her to do so. She first said that all the ADRs are booked - then she said they don't serve brunch. I blame Disney for not keeping their CMs informed.

You are right - the CM that answered the phone didn't know at all. But again Disney's fault for not training properly. There should have been a note on California grill that there is a hold on ADRs for brunch until further notice. The Disboard is truly so helpful as we all work together!

Yes the CM did call for me but only after me asking her to do so. She first said that all the ADRs are booked - then she said they don't serve brunch. I blame Disney for not keeping their CMs informed.

Oh, I totally agree that they’re usually unreliable! What I was trying to say was that because you did ask them to call CG and they did, the information you got seems to be more reliable than usual.

Oh, I totally agree that they’re usually unreliable! What I was trying to say was that because you did ask them to call CG and they did, the information you got seems to be more reliable than usual.

Oh yes - I understand - That is why I didn't want to call. I knew the CM wouldn't know anything. Then while I was on the phone I thought to have her call. I absolutely come to the Disboards to get info before going to Disney.

Can’t we just blindly assume they are making a slight menu/pricing change and ADRs will open in a few days :jumping1:

Hoping for that - the CM said until further notice - that could be in a few days!!! I think though it would have to be a major change to stop reservations. Like what happened at BOG.

What is just weird is that they are stopping all ADRs - even next week - so if someone cancels - no one can get that reservation.

Hoping for that - the CM said until further notice - that could be in a few days!!! I think though it would have to be a major change to stop reservations. Like what happened at BOG.

What is just weird is that they are stopping all ADRs - even next week - so if someone cancels - no one can get that reservation.

Agreed- the frozen ADRs immediately is something I haven’t seen before.

Can’t we just blindly assume they are making a slight menu/pricing change and ADRs will open in a few days :jumping1:

::yes:: but just in case I made an ADR for Homecomin's new brunch. That Sunday is our arrival day after a red-eye and a relaxing booze filled brunch sounds like the perfect way to kick off our 25th anniversary trip. Hopefully we will get solid information soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter