California Grill ADR Brunch not able to book?

I am sure you will be fine. They would have had to contact you. But you could be a huge help and come back after Sunday and let us know what they say. Our ADR is not until August - so the changes might occur before then.
Yes please find out what you can! We aren't going until 9/30, and if we aren't doing brunch at CG we'll probably want to work a dinner ADR in there.

I just made a reservation at Homecomin' for brunch the day we were going to do Cali Grill... at the time I was trying to change my Cali Grill reservation to. So if the Cali Grill brunch gets cancelled we have a back up plan. But I'm honestly really bummed about the potential for this to go away.
I've been once before to the California Grill brunch and my Fiance really liked it so he agreed to go again. I don't think he'll agree to go somewhere else. Plus we had plans to go to Magic Kingdom right after so eating somewhere not nearby doesn't really make any sense.

I've been once before to the California Grill brunch and my Fiance really liked it so he agreed to go again. I don't think he'll agree to go somewhere else. Plus we had plans to go to Magic Kingdom right after so eating somewhere not nearby doesn't really make any sense.

You would have received a call. Enjoy and let us know.

My 8/5 is still showing. Had a little heart attacking for a minute. This is the meal I am most looking forward to.
That's the problem though... it's still showing for everyone that has existing reservations, but we're now hearing that they might be cancelled for some unspecified reason.

That's the problem though... it's still showing for everyone that has existing reservations, but we're now hearing that they might be cancelled for some unspecified reason.

I took it to mean more that it would be changed in some way.

I can tell you that the menu I saw this morning on MDE is different than what we had when we ate there on 5/20. For example, the chicken on 5/20 was chicken and waffles. Menu says spicy Korean thighs.

We had a Crepes Suzette station. (And it was my favorite thing there, which is saying a lot because everything was excellent.) No mention of it on the menu.

Well I had some time to wait and called. The wait wasn't bad. I asked the question if the California Grill is still serving brunch and she asked me for the date. She looked it up and said no it is not available, but if it becomes available they will open it. I tried to explain myself then she said they are only offering dinner. I explained again that I have a reservation and she looked it up and then says there are probably no more tables available. So frustrating. I asked again if they cancelled serving brunch and she said we would have a posting if something was cancelled so it must not be cancelled. Then I asked her if she would do me a favor and call the California Grill and ask them if they are still serving brunch.

Well she called and this is what she said. They said the brunch was taken off the website and right now you still have the reservation but it is subject to change and that they are leaving if off the website until further notice. Then she said changes could be coming. :(

Ugh Ugh Ugh!!!
I'm trying to remind myself that changes don't necessarily mean it's going away. It might be a change in price, or DDP eligibility, or something like that. I honestly hope that's all it is. We have a lot of meals planned but this was going to be our first meal on our first full day of vacation and both my mom and I are incredibly excited for it. If we can't do it it's not the end of the world, but I would be pretty disappointed.

My 8/5 is still showing. Had a little heart attacking for a minute. This is the meal I am most looking forward to.

I agree - I thought the same thing when I first saw it missing. I went to check my ADR. This is the meal that we were all looking forward to. We wanted a relaxing day at the resort since we are staying at the CR.

I just wish they would put something on Disney's site and or tell the CMs.

I can tell you that the menu I saw this morning on MDE is different than what we had when we ate there on 5/20. For example, the chicken on 5/20 was chicken and waffles. Menu says spicy Korean thighs.

We had a Crepes Suzette station. (And it was my favorite thing there, which is saying a lot because everything was excellent.) No mention of it on the menu.
I really hope it's just altered and not cancelled, though I would suspect it would have to be a bigger change than just a menu alteration for it to be made unavailable.

You don't think they might let me know tomorrow or Saturday?
They could, but it seems unlikely. This has proven to be a popular event and if it's anywhere near fully booked I think they'd give a bit more warning before cancelling it.

I'm trying to remind myself that changes don't necessarily mean it's going away. It might be a change in price, or DDP eligibility, or something like that. I honestly hope that's all it is. We have a lot of meals planned but this was going to be our first meal on our first full day of vacation and both my mom and I are incredibly excited for it. If we can't do it it's not the end of the world, but I would be pretty disappointed.

Same here - not the end of the world - just very disappointing!

Alright... I just cancelled all of the reservations I made in my panic. I'm just keeping my Cali Grill one and crossing my fingers extra times that we'll get to use it. And if we don't I'll deal with it then.

I really hope it’s not cancelled and hope that those of you who haven’t gotten there yet, get a chance to experience it.

Between the atmosphere, view, service and fine food, it was an upscale and special, yet relaxing experience. Wonderful in every way.

One tip to anyone going there on Disney transport from everywhere besides the monorail and Wilderness resorts—take the bus to MK and walk to the Contemporary. (Unless you can convince the bus driver to take you to the door like I did.)

By the time you get through MK security and walk to the monorail station, you could have walked to the CR. If you factor in the walk from the bus to the monorail (up a ramp), it’s just a few more steps on flat ground to walk there straight from the MK bus depot.

Both times I've booked it (march and may) wouldn't show up on MDE.. mini panic attacks that they had been wiped off the system. I hope they haven't gone away

We were there on 5/27! My husband had the chicken and waffles, but the printed menu we received at the restaurant didn't mention the waffles. He had it during our previous visit in September, so he was happy they didn't ditch the waffles. We also really enjoyed the crepes Suzette station! Really hoping we can score a reservation for our next trip this September. It has become a birthday tradition for us :)

We were there on 5/27! My husband had the chicken and waffles, but the printed menu we received at the restaurant didn't mention the waffles. He had it during our previous visit in September, so he was happy they didn't ditch the waffles. We also really enjoyed the crepes Suzette station! Really hoping we can score a reservation for our next trip this September. It has become a birthday tradition for us :)

I posted this in my reviews, but you all don’t read there so I’m repeating myself partially here.

The theme song from the Patty Duke was playing in my head the whole time we were in there:

While Kathy adores a minuet,
The ballets russe and crepes Suzette,
Our Patty loves to rock and roll,
A hot dog makes her lose control.
What a wild duet!

Ever since second grade when I watched the reruns after school, I wanted to try crepes Suzette. I had IHOP’s version one time, but it didn’t seem authentic. :laughing:

There is a video on YouTube showing Julia Child making them. The chef at the California Grill may have seen that vid because his moves were identical to Mrs. Child’s.

The flambé part amazes me. I am confident that I would burn down my house if I tried to do that. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter