Call your shot (NBA)

This win has had me reminiscing about a lot of things, even my own life. I was living in Japan and on my way home just before the start of Raptors' first season. I was 28.

I really don't understand how life goes so quickly!! Unreal.

And speaking of Daddy Ball - I have been reminiscing about Mama Carter. Oh boy she was a ball of fun for the front office and fans. But I am sure Vince had it the worst. Who can imagine their parents even remotely involved in their first job out of university?

And one of my nephews posted this today, as he knew how I loved, insert sarcasm, my beloved goat herder :rotfl2:- our #1 pick in his commercial that played and played and played.

That is why all of this is so beautiful -

Last edited:
:rotfl2::rotfl::thumbsup2

Is that your own take on Mr. Ball's inner thoughts? Or is there more comedy online for me?

Lakers gave up so so much so yep it better work.

I adore LeBron ---- Translation - I am kind of happy to see it all play out.

I have read that New Orleans is looking to put #4 out there for some kind of deal. We shall see.

The Boo Hoo Hoo part was my addition. But yeah, he did say the Lakers will never win another title.

Thank you @lisaviolet I started this thread and no one responded for 2 weeks, but you brang it to life, their is not a lot of NBA fans on the boards, but the ones we do have are passionate, its been fun , And yes Toronto showed the NBA you could win a title with out a high pick, our a destination for superstars to come. We all have hope now. And it will be a really good argument that Golden St was better, But no one can ever take 2019 away, congrats champs
Thanks to you, @lisaviolet and all the other “real” basketball fans that welcomed us bandwagoners along for the ride. It was amazingly! See you back here this time next year if things go well. :wave2:

I can’t believe I’m watching the parade.

I need some hockey news. No, not the Karlsson signing lol

I don't know how much coverage the Raptors parade is getting in the US but this thing is insane. The crowds along the parade route are so thick the program at the park has been delayed by well over an hour. There are estimated to be 2 million people there. That's like 5% of the entire population of the county.

M.

It's not only St. Louis that has arches.

I read that police halted the parade until those fools came down.

Attachments

• 1560798533487.png
    1560798533487.png
    567.9 KB · Views: 0
I don't know how much coverage the Raptors parade is getting in the US but this thing is insane. The crowds along the parade route are so thick the program at the park has been delayed by well over an hour. There are estimated to be 2 million people there. That's like 5% of the entire population of the county.

M.

I don't know if there's any TV coverage. I saw a few stories about the parade online.

Imagine how many people would attend if the Maple Leafs ever won again.

It's not only St. Louis that has arches.

View attachment 409812

I read that police halted the parade until those fools came down.

View attachment 409810

It's reminiscent of the Cavs' parade:

fans-scale-the-side-of-a-parking-garage-to-get-a-better-view-during-picture-id542157744

I heard reports that gunshots were fired and someone has been wounded at the parade.

I heard reports that gunshots were fired and someone has been wounded at the parade.

I heard on the radio that 2 people had non-life threatening injuries as a result and that two other people had been arrested with weapons. There may be more injuries from the chaos as people were fleeing the area. It's a little confusing as there seems to have been another incident at the nearby Eaton Centre and there are separate lockdowns for that.

What a shame that what had largely been a peaceful gathering was marred by some idiots with guns. Kudos to the organizers and police for preventing worse panic though.

M.

:scared1: Oh Lord...just seeing this on the 6:00 news. 4 wounded but tons more injured in the stampede that followed. Why, just why? :sad:

Thanks to you, @lisaviolet and all the other “real” basketball fans that welcomed us bandwagoners along for the ride. It was amazingly! See you back here this time next year if things go well. :wave2:

What we all didn't inspire some regular season watching?

It felt like here come the Canadian women! Boom.

Feisty crowd!

Hope to see you all next year regardless.I know, I know, I know......

I can’t believe I’m watching the parade.

I need some hockey news. No, not the Karlsson signing lol

See they got ya!

I think they'd all be in church - the Maple Leafs winning the cup would be a sign of the Apocalypse....
(sorry - couldn't help myself)

M.

Perfection Maddiel.

The Leafs last won the year I was born. Enough said there, laughing.

But they keep selling out!

:scared1: Oh Lord...just seeing this on the 6:00 news. 4 wounded but tons more injured in the stampede that followed. Why, just why

Sigh. Because there are always a few idiots. So close to closing out a day of joy and complete celebration.

Was there. Not going to sugarcoat when it all started - it was at the rally not the parade - it wasn't fun. Mainly because I was near a wrought iron fence. And your brain says "Do I stay? Is it just panic? Or did something really happen? And is more coming? And is leaving into the pushing crowds better or not?"

Good and bad are true. Frenzy for some areas. Rally continued. Police had people in custody really quickly (another location).

So positive part AMAZING TIME.

@Disneylover99

The first is for you -

Last edited:
What we all didn't inspire some regular season watching?

It felt like here comes the Canadian women! Boom.

Feisty crowd!

Hope to see you all next year regardless.I know, I know, I know......

See they got ya!

Perfection Maddiel.

The Leafs last won the year I was born. Enough said there, laughing.

But they keep selling out!

Sigh. Because there are always a few idiots. So close to closing out a day of joy and complete celebration.

Was there. Not going to sugar coat when it all started - it was at the rally not the parade - it wasn't fun. Mainly because I was near an iron rod fence. And your brain says "Do I stay? Is it just panic? Or did something really happen? And is more coming? And is leaving into the pushing crowds better or not?"

But the majority remained calm. Our NBA announcer came on and literally calmed it down.

But people did leave items behind, it was that kind of frenzy for decision-making. It was mostly based in a certain part of City Hall.

Police had people in custody really quickly (Eaton Centre) and the rally went on, good or bad.

That was surreal - you're wondering if you are going to run out of physical space or fall and joyful talk is still being broadcast. But that part was actually calming for me, as I tried to not run out of space

So positive part AMAZING TIME.

@Disneylover99

The first is for you -

View attachment 409844
Thanks for the picture of my buddy Lisa! Lol.

Glad you stayed safe and managed to stay positive with those crowds. :)
Downtown Toronto would not be a place I’d want to be today.
I was worried about my daughter, who went on a school trip to Harbourfront.
I had visions of her bus sitting in traffic for hours, but it was fine.

Thanks for the picture of my buddy Lisa! Lol.

Glad you stayed safe and managed to stay positive with those crowds. :)
Downtown Toronto would not be a place I’d want to be today.
I was worried about my daughter, who went on a school trip to Harbourfront.
I had visions of her bus sitting in traffic for hours, but it was fine.

I spent all day, watching clips from the parade looking for the sexy redhead

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter