Car rental locations for WDW...

Hi everyone,
I will be in florida for a week before i come to disney. never rented a car in our lifes. first time. anyway my question? is if we rent a car in the town we are in and drive to disney to our resort will the car rental pick it up? Or will we have to take it to one of their places on disney property? or can we drive the rental car to the airport, drop it off there and get the magical express bus to take us to our resort. Any info would be greatly appreciated.Thank you.Sandy

Hi everyone,
I will be in florida for a week before i come to disney. never rented a car in our lifes. first time. anyway my question? is if we rent a car in the town we are in and drive to disney to our resort will the car rental pick it up? Or will we have to take it to one of their places on disney property? or can we drive the rental car to the airport, drop it off there and get the magical express bus to take us to our resort. Any info would be greatly appreciated.Thank you.Sandy

I think it all depends on the car rental place you choose.

American Rental Car picked me up from the resort and took me to their office a few miles away to pick up the car for free. I am sure they would also drop you off at the resort too. They have a location at the airport too.

Is there a car rental place you get your car at Disney, but return it at the airport?

Yes, look at the 1st page of this post, but basically when you rent the car you can pick the drop off location to be any place. For me, we are renting from Alamo picking it up at the car care center and drop off location will be Miami international airport. Hope this helps.:)

Anyone know if there is a "sweet spot" of when to book rental cars at a good rate? We're 11 months out, but I like to plan ahead.

We need a minivan or small SUV for our family of 5 for a week, pick up at WDW and return to MCO. Looking for a fair deal though. Suggestions?

Anyone know if there is a "sweet spot" of when to book rental cars at a good rate? We're 11 months out, but I like to plan ahead.

We need a minivan or small SUV for our family of 5 for a week, pick up at WDW and return to MCO. Looking for a fair deal though. Suggestions?

Good question about the "sweet spot". I don't think there's a firm answer, but I doubt 11 months out is it.

Fortunately there is a good strategy to getting the best rate; book now and continue to monitor for something better. :surfweb:

Here is what I was told by a person working in the rental car field

Go ahead and book when you think that you have a good deal. - You can always cancel it if a better one comes along.

She also said that you need to keep a special watch the last 30 days before your trip. Rental car companies who still have cars non rented will be putting deals out there last minute to get them off the lot.

On our last trip I booked a car 8 months out but then canceled it after finding a better deal about two weeks before the trip. Good luck

I posted this on another thread, but I thought it might also be useful here. The question was whether it is better to rent from Alamo/National at CCC or at the Dolphin. (Of course, hours and details are subject to change.)

Advantages of Alamo/National at Walt Disney World Car Care Center (CCC)
Longer hours at CCC
Hours at CCC:
Sun: 06:00 am to 06:00 pm
Mon-Fri: 06:00 am to 08:00 pm
Sat: 06:00 am to 06:00 pm
Hours at Dolphin:
Sun: 08:00 am to 04:00 pm
Mon-Fri: 08:00 am to 04:00 pm
Sat: 08:00 am to 04:00 pm
Courtesy shuttle service

Advantages of Alamo/National at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort
After-hours return at valet parking
Walk to/from resorts around Crescent Lake near Epcot
Walk or boat to/from Epcot and DHS
WDW bus service at Dolphin to/from MK, DtD, and DAK

Personal Experience
Rented numerous times from National at Dolphin.
Alamo/National desk at Dolphin is friendly and accommodating (offered several different cars when renting).
Car pickup and return at Dolphin valet parking is different than at typical car rental locations, but works well.
Car inventory is shared between Dolphin and CCC.
(Never rented at CCC, so no personal experience)

Two other Alamo/National locations on-site at WDW
Shades of Green Resort
Buena Vista Palace Hotel

we are going in Sept. 2014. Would like to rent a car for at least a day to head to Cocoa Beach. Staying at CBR. Tell me how that works. Will they come and get us, take us back to our resort? Would we have to rent for 2 nights if we want the car from say 7:30 til nine at night. I am an Alamo insider member. Thanks

we are going in Sept. 2014. Would like to rent a car for at least a day to head to Cocoa Beach. Staying at CBR. Tell me how that works. Will they come and get us, take us back to our resort? Would we have to rent for 2 nights if we want the car from say 7:30 til nine at night. I am an Alamo insider member. Thanks
The hours of operation (subject to change) for Alamo at the CCC are in my post above your question. You need to plan around those hours.

Yes, Alamo at the CCC will pick you up at your resort before your rental and return you to your resort after your rental. It's probably best to make reservations well in advance to get the class of car you want and then to call the day before your rental to arrange the transportation.

Car rentals are priced in 24-hour periods. If you rent a car at 7:00 a.m. the first day and return it by 7:00 a.m. the next day, you are only charged for one day. But you have to return it during business hours is you want transportation back to your resort.

If you only need the car one day, there's no need to keep it two nights (and having to pay for two days), as long as the driver is willing to get up early. Alamo could pick up the driver for a 7:00 a.m. rental. The driver would then drive back to the resort and pick up the rest of the family. The next morning, the driver it would return the car within 24 hours, and Alamo would take the driver back to the resort.

When you check in at your resort, be sure to get a parking pass. You'll want to have it when you get the car.

So I have a question, and I *think* this is the right place to ask it. LOL

I'm renting from Budget from the Airport, we are staying off site and so will have it for the full 7 days. However our return flight is at 7am on the saturday, and Dh wants to be at the airport for 5am. So where do I drop the car off, and how do I get them their key back? I assume they will tell me when I pick up the car, but its kind of stressing me out a bit.

So I have a question, and I *think* this is the right place to ask it. LOL

I'm renting from Budget from the Airport, we are staying off site and so will have it for the full 7 days. However our return flight is at 7am on the saturday, and Dh wants to be at the airport for 5am. So where do I drop the car off, and how do I get them their key back? I assume they will tell me when I pick up the car, but its kind of stressing me out a bit.
Although this "sticky" thread is about car rental locations on and near Walt Disney World property, your question has an easy answer.

I assume that "the Airport" refers to Orlando International Airport (MCO). Budget at MCO is open 24 hours hours a day, 7 days a week. Returning a car at 5:00 a.m. is no different than returning a car a 2:00 p.m.

Follow the sign to "Rental Car Return" for the A Terminal or B Terminal, depending on your airline. Then follow the signs to Budget. Someone will be there to check you in. You can then walk (and take elevators) to your airline's counter.

I plan be at WDW early March 2014, need a rental from March 8-10th.

Have AAA, I'll take WDW Transportation anywhere it goes (plus a short walk)for a pick-up.

Who has the best rates with an AAA discount?

Smallest/cheapest car.

I plan be at WDW early March 2014, need a rental from March 8-10th.

Have AAA, I'll take WDW Transportation anywhere it goes (plus a short walk)for a pick-up.

Who has the best rates with an AAA discount?

Smallest/cheapest car.

go to www.kayak.com and you can search all kinds of cars and discounts. AAA may not be the best discount. Cars as little as 31 bucks a day if you pick up at airport

what about those of us who are riding the train? is there anyone who can tell me what car rentals may be near the train station in orlando? or kissimmee? love to hear some ideas. if there is a rental car location near the train station, we won't have to take a taxi to some random place nearby without knowing which one is closest....thanks!

I am looking for the same info, specifically the Kissimmee station. Can anyone help?

I was looking for a rental car to pickup at mco. Drive to port canaveral for cruise prior to www stay, I need shuttle service to port..then shuttle from port back to rent car to drive to beach club. Problem is national and alamo do not have port shuttle. Hertz does. Will hertz shuttle go to beach club from Kissimmee? Any experience or advice helpful. Thanks.

Just wanted to drop some info based on the rental ressie I just made. We'll be picking up a car on April 7th from National at the CCC. Actually, they will be picking us up at the Wilderness Lodge. Pick up is at 3pm. We are driving to Jacksonville to visit friends and flying out from there the next morning. Drop off will be at Jacksonville Airport.

Anyway, the rate for a full size car is $9.99 for a full day. Total cost for the rental is $14.50. NO special discounts used.

Not sure what created the great price, but I'll take it. :cool1:

Hope this helps.

Just wanted to drop some info based on the rental ressie I just made. We'll be picking up a car on April 7th from National at the CCC. Actually, they will be picking us up at the Wilderness Lodge. Pick up is at 3pm. We are driving to Jacksonville to visit friends and flying out from there the next morning. Drop off will be at Jacksonville Airport.

Anyway, the rate for a full size car is $9.99 for a full day. Total cost for the rental is $14.50. NO special discounts used.

Hope this helps.

That is a great deal! how did you book this? I got a rental car from Alamo at the CCC to miami then dropping it off at MIA for $120!! Did you book this through their website? i would like to try to find this deal.

That is a great deal! how did you book this? I got a rental car from Alamo at the CCC to miami then dropping it off at MIA for $120!! Did you book this through their website? i would like to try to find this deal.

Just went to the National site. BTW...it came with unlimited miles.

Hope this helps.

Not that I'm an expert, but I believe the reason for the rate may have to do with the rental company wanting to move cars. Basically, you are moving the car to a location that needs them, so they're giving you an awesome deal. Congrats! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter