• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car rental locations for WDW...

I was looking for a rental car to pickup at mco. Drive to port canaveral for cruise prior to www stay, I need shuttle service to port..then shuttle from port back to rent car to drive to beach club. Problem is national and alamo do not have port shuttle. Hertz does. Will hertz shuttle go to beach club from Kissimmee? Any experience or advice helpful. Thanks.

I would rent with Budget...they have a shuttle that runs continuously between the ships and their office at the port. I would rent from Budget at MCO, drive to port, drop everyone off, with their bags at the ship, then just one person drives to the rental office to return the car. That person takes the shuttle back to the ship. When you get off the ship, shuttle back to the rental office, rerent a car, and drive to WDW. You can return your car to the Budget office at the Doubletree in DTD (and shuttle back to your resort), drive right to MCO and return it there, and take DME to your resort, or keep the car the entire time and drive it back to MCO, and return it on your departure day.

Budget was deffinately the way to go! Much thanks for the helpful advice.

Im goin on september 19 - 27. We only need the car until the 22. Staying at All Star Sports.

I heard Alamo has a unit at WDW, is that correct? do they deliver the car at each hotel or there a central point? Considering that on my way back to mco I will the taking the disney bus, should I do the same thing on my first day and rent the car at the hotel? Im asking that cause returning the car to same location is usually cheaper. But I`m concerned about alamo rates at Disney.

Hope I made myself clear.

Thank you.

Im goin on september 19 - 27. We only need the car until the 22. Staying at All Star Sports.

I heard Alamo has a unit at WDW, is that correct? do they deliver the car at each hotel or there a central point? Considering that on my way back to mco I will the taking the disney bus, should I do the same thing on my first day and rent the car at the hotel? Im asking that cause returning the car to same location is usually cheaper. But I`m concerned about alamo rates at Disney.

Hope I made myself clear.

Thank you.

I found it is worth it to do some research...check the options for alamo rates (picking up/returning to wdw & picking up at airport/returning to wdw). We have often had great rates with no difference in price either way. Car rental rates change daily! Also, you might consider keeping the car for at least 5 days...you may get a cheaper rate than just the 4 days. Also, you may EVEN get a cheaper rate keeping the car a full week!! The one thing i wouldn't do is pay for a taxi from the airport when ME is so easy & free. It is also VERY easy to pick up your car at WDW. In addition to Alamo sending a van to pick you up at your hotel to take you to car care center at MK, they have places onsite to pick up car (like Dolphin Hotel...just take wdw transportation there or to Yacht Club or Boardwalk & walk on over).

Can you pick up a rental from the dolphin? How early? Is there another place more convenient to pick up a rental car? Ive only ever dropped off a car there.. Thinking about staying at AOA pre-cruise and renting a car to drive to port. Don't want to wait for Disney transport as we like to get to port early.

What would be the best way to get to the dolphin (or other rental option) from AOA early in the morning if thats possible? Thanks!

Hi! We want to rent a car next month, haven't rented a car on our Disney trips since 2006! We are at Coronado Springs Aug. 26-Sept. 2nd, only want the car the 29th-31st.
Just read this whole thread and if I'm understanding correctly, we can rent through National, they'll get us at the resort & bring us to the CCC, we drop the car off there & they'll drive us back to CSR. My question is, when we book the car online, how do we note that this is what we want to do?

Thanks!

Hi! We want to rent a car next month, haven't rented a car on our Disney trips since 2006! We are at Coronado Springs Aug. 26-Sept. 2nd, only want the car the 29th-31st.
Just read this whole thread and if I'm understanding correctly, we can rent through National, they'll get us at the resort & bring us to the CCC, we drop the car off there & they'll drive us back to CSR. My question is, when we book the car online, how do we note that this is what we want to do?

Thanks!

You can't note that online. You have to call to arrange that. Someone will correct me if I am wrong but you call the day before (or maybe even day off) to arrange a pick-up time.

I am thinking of renting a car for 1. Day while I'm at the boardwalk, can I do this on site and do you know how much ?

I am thinking of renting a car for 1. Day while I'm at the boardwalk, can I do this on site and do you know how much ?

Sure! Alamo is on site near the MK. They will send a van to pick you up, bring you to their office & off you go. Same thing on return. Very easy, really.

Rates change all the time...day of week, type of vehicle, season, availability, etc... so best to go online or call them.

You could also walk or take the boat to the Dolphin, which has a Dollar car rental. That would be closest for you. We have, however, used the Car Care Center (Alamo/National) when we've needed a mid-vacation rental. We like the shuttle pick up and drop off at our resort, and I've usually been the most successful getting a good deal with codes/coupons with Alamo.

Looking to rent a car to visit my parents. We will be at Old key west and driving to Ocala for the day. Suggestions?

Looking to rent a car to visit my parents. We will be at Old key west and driving to Ocala for the day. Suggestions?

As you'll see in this thread, there are a lot of car rental agencies on WDW property. You should check the price on each of their websites for the best deal. Do not overlook the agencies at the DTD hotels, which are very easy to get to from OKW.

In need of a one day car rental-staying at French Quarter. Need transportation back to the resort once the car is turned in. I see the shuttle to the rental agencies at the Car Care Center stop running at 5:30 on weekends and 7:30 on weekdays which may cause an issue as I don't see us being back before 7:30…..

In need of a one day car rental-staying at French Quarter. Need transportation back to the resort once the car is turned in. I see the shuttle to the rental agencies at the Car Care Center stop running at 5:30 on weekends and 7:30 on weekdays which may cause an issue as I don't see us being back before 7:30…..
Car rental pricing is based on 24-hours days. Make your reservation to return the car the next morning when the rental location is open and the shuttle is running.

Park the car at POFQ overnight. It's free. (Just get a parking pass from POFQ when you check in.)

Thanks! We have breakfast at Four Seasons the following morning. So if I rented at 8am on fri morning and returned at noon the next day would I be charged for two days? Thinking I could avoid a taxi from pofq to and from four seasons. Although maybe we could return the car and take the shuttle back to four seasons and then taxi after breakfast to pofq. If we want to see cruise ships leave we should go on sun rather than fri though right?!

Thanks! We have breakfast at Four Seasons the following morning. So if I rented at 8am on fri morning and returned at noon the next day would I be charged for two days? Thinking I could avoid a taxi from pofq to and from four seasons. Although maybe we could return the car and take the shuttle back to four seasons and then taxi after breakfast to pofq. If we want to see cruise ships leave we should go on sun rather than fri though right?!
Yes, if you rent at 8 a.m. and return the next day at noon, you would be charged for two full days.

Because you would be paying for two days anyway, consider returning your car the following morning -- in other words, at 48 hours.

Having the car the rest of the day would allow you to go off-site for dinner or shopping.

uuugh. I can't seem to figure this out given the information that is out there...might someone lend a hand? I have found a great rental rate from Alamo at the Car Care Center. We are flying in on a midnight flight and planning on staying somewhere close to the airport for 1 night (3/28) and then will spend the rest of our vacation at SSR. How do I best get to the Car Care Center on (3/29)? Here are my thoughts: Get a complimentary shuttle to our airport hotel on 3/28, get a complimentary shuttle back to the airport on 3/29, then ride the Magical Express from the airport to?? Does it drop off at the Car Care Center or do I need to take it to SSR and then somehow get to the CCC? Sounds so complicated... Can anyone help?

Thanks SOOOO much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter