Cars Land Preview Contest, open to CA and not AZ residents, by Ralphs and Coca Cola

On another board someone reported they contacted Disneyland Guest Services and they said the winners will hear from someone on Monday June 4th.

On another board someone reported they contacted Disneyland Guest Services and they said the winners will hear from someone on Monday June 4th.

I think that was the date the AP preview contest winners were announced.

Either way, i think it's silly that we are two weeks away and don't even know basic facts. My bf wants to take his parents with us, but they are only free in the late afternoon/evening, so we are really hoping they tell us soon so we can figure out if we have to find someone else or not. I can't imagine coming in from out of town and not knowing!

I was notified Friday I lost the AP contest too. Hopefully we get something tomorrow. But I doubt a CM at guest services would know exactly when we would get notified about this contest.

Here's the email I received this morning:

"Hello,

We have provided addition information regarding your prize below. We appreciate your patience throughout this process!
When: June 14, 2012 from 9:00am to 6:00pm
Where: Disney California Adventure™ Park at the Disneyland Resort
Admission: Bring your winner information letter (which will be emailed soon), and a valid photo ID to the winner check-in location near the main entrance to Disney California Adventure™ Park. At the check-in location you will receive your (4) admission tickets that will be valid for Disney California Adventure™ Park on June 14, 2012 only.
Check-In: Upon check-in you will also receive (4) wristbands, along with your winning tickets, that will allow you and (3) of your guests to have access to Cars Land which is your ticket into Cars land.
The check-in area will be open from 6:00am to 12:00pm. Wristbands will be provided on a first come, first served basis. After 12:00pm, Cars Land wristbands will not be available for pick up. If you do arrive after check in has closed, you will be responsible for purchasing tickets to the Disney Parks if you still choose to visit the Disneyland Resort

Sincerely,
ePrize Customer Service"

I am surprised it's an almost all day event and starting so early. Guess I'll be taking the kids out of school that day! Friday is the last day, so no big deal for the 4th and 7th graders. But DS15 can't go because he has finals Wed-Fri. Looking forward to getting the winner information letter. Hope it has even more info.

We are so glad it is just about an all day event! Makes our drive down from the bay area so worth it! Our boys will be so surprised...they still don't know that we won the tickets!

In the other thread about the radio contest (I'm going to DCA ...":

"The check-in area will be open for Sneak Peek Winners only from 7am to 12:00. "

It also mentions "wristbands which will allow me access to Cars Land from 9 am to 1:30 pm."

Letting people into Cars Land in shifts makes sense, so maybe the information you received is incomplete.

We are so glad it is just about an all day event! Makes our drive down from the bay area so worth it! Our boys will be so surprised...they still don't know that we won the tickets!

How fun! Your boys will be so excited! Now I am just wondering how crowded it will be.

I have also won tickets to the Carsland VIP party, well my mom won but I am going. I am concerned with the wristbands being handed out first come, first served. If it is a contest to get into Carsland then why do I have to be worried about not getting a wristband to enter Carsland if I do not get there right at 7 or 6 am? :confused3 I will email them this question to clarify it. I live an hour away and having to be there around 6 or 7 would be difficult for my mother. We don't have extra funds to spend the night before and shouldn't have to in order to enjoy our prize.

In the other thread about the radio contest (I'm going to DCA ...":

"The check-in area will be open for Sneak Peek Winners only from 7am to 12:00. "

It also mentions "wristbands which will allow me access to Cars Land from 9 am to 1:30 pm."

Letting people into Cars Land in shifts makes sense, so maybe the information you received is incomplete.

Ugh, so now more waiting for more info! At least I know now that I do have to take my kids out of school. If they are doing shifts, I wonder if they will have the rest of CA open for us after or before our designated shift for Cars Land.

I have also won tickets to the Carsland VIP party, well my mom won but I am going. I am concerned with the wristbands being handed out first come, first served. If it is a contest to get into Carsland then why do I have to be worried about not getting a wristband to enter Carsland if I do not get there right at 7 or 6 am? :confused3 I will email them this question to clarify it. I live an hour away and having to be there around 6 or 7 would be difficult for my mother. We don't have extra funds to spend the night before and shouldn't have to in order to enjoy our prize.

I want to say they mean first come first serve possibly in terms of time slots. Let's say they break us up in three time slots, first come get first pick of the time slot and so on. I highly doubt they would give away more tickets than what they have capacity for.

So far, ours just says 9-6 for the "when". If they do do shifts, it would be nice to know soon since we have to plan the rest of our day and are meeting a friend and her son for the event (they are the other 2 people we are taking in). :confused:

I am glad we got some information. I might have to have my DH email them and see if we can maybe get more information. it is a little over a week away.:scared1:

granted, I am just looking forward for the chance. We never win anything. so this will be great no matter what!! :dance3:

I emailed eprize to clarify the first come, first served info on wristbands. Here is their response:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We apologize for any confusion we have caused. The phrase "first come, first serve basis" was simply intended to inform attendees that there may be a line at the check-in point. We assure you that there is the correct amount of wristbands available for the number of winners. As long as you check-in during the designated time period and bring all necessary documents, you will have no issues claiming your wristbands.

In addition, please note that the “Party Passes” you receive as a verified winner of this promotion grant you entrance solely to Disney California Adventure® Park to participate in a private special event to celebrate the grand opening of Cars Land. Attending guests will have limited access to attractions and entertainments.

Thank you and congratulations!

Sincerely,
Liz
ePrize Customer Service [/COLOR][/COLOR]

I emailed eprize to clarify the first come, first served info on wristbands. Here is their response:

Hello,

We apologize for any confusion we have caused. The phrase "first come, first serve basis" was simply intended to inform attendees that there may be a line at the check-in point. We assure you that there is the correct amount of wristbands available for the number of winners. As long as you check-in during the designated time period and bring all necessary documents, you will have no issues claiming your wristbands.

In addition, please note that the “Party Passes” you receive as a verified winner of this promotion grant you entrance solely to Disney California Adventure® Park to participate in a private special event to celebrate the grand opening of Cars Land. Attending guests will have limited access to attractions and entertainments.

wish we knew what limited was going to include. My DD10 is tall enough for Screamin' and is so counting on it.

Hello,

Thank you and congratulations!

Sincerely,
Liz
ePrize Customer Service [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Well that's a relief, at least! Thanks for emailing them! It would be pretty rotten to win a prize and then have them run out. I really didn't want to have to get there at 6am. I'm planning to get there around 8. Still wondering about the hours and availability of attractions outside of Cars Land.

Someone posted this on another board, they emailed ePrize about if your entire party has to be there at one time for check in. This was the response. Hope it helps some of you out with your planning.

Hello,

As the winner of the party passes, it will not be an issue for you to check in and pick up all 4 wristbands on behalf of your group. However, please ensure that you do so between the hours of 6:00am and 12:00pm. In addition, you must bring your photo ID along with the winner information letter that you will be receiving by the end of this week. Thank you and congratulations!

Sincerely,
Liz
ePrize Customer Service

So glad that I won't have to worry about getting there at 6 am. I'm probably not going to be able to be there until 9-9:30, so I'm happy to hear I won't have problems with that (barring a line of people in front).

Now that we have all the deets, I'm getting REALLY excited and no longer worrying.

We're probably going to get there around 9 or a tad before. All I want to know is what other parts (if not all) of DCA will be open.

On another message board someone reported there will be an estimated 8,000 guests including the media. DCA has a capacity of what? 30,000? It should be a pretty nice day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter