(Christmas) Lights, Decorations, Action…..A Post-Christmas PTR (update 12/22-page 42)

I received a great pin code via email yesterday for travel at the end of 2011. We are trying to decide between the following dates: Nov 26 - Dec. 3, or Dec. 10 - Dec. 17. The week in between is not included in the offer.

Which week will be the best? We plan to stay at Wilderness Lodge and don't want to miss the Christmas decorations and events (Candlelight Processional and Storytellers in EPCOT, gingerbread houses in resorts, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, etc.).

Thank you for your help!

Scott

Well right around now Marv should be getting ready to leave !! Kathy it is your turn for the next part of The Marv TR hosted by Rosie and Kathy !!!:rotfl2:

I will however add a few more questions for the Trip

1. How many wooden spoons did Marv take ? Sorry, but those are all used. Who wants to take used stuff with them to Disney??? The goal was to locate what I needed after I arrived.....
2.How many times did he have/need GAS? :lmao: Let's just say I needed it every time I "had" it.
3. Who will he pick on first??????
It doesn't matter who is first.....as long as you end up getting some Marv love by the end!!! (no spoon pun intended)
1) Will Marv and gang arrive at the right resort? Or will Marv, as he is getting older, get confused and go to the resort that they are actually staying at in June 2011?
It is all about focus!!! If you focus on where you are going, you don't have to worry about getting lost. Always focus, focus, focus!!!!

(Now what were we talking about again??? Oh yes, cameras...)
2) Will they make the Magic Kingdom after they FINALLY check in at the resort or will they end up elsewhere?
Or maybe even all of the above??? Inquiring minds want to know......:confused3
3) Will Marv carry his wooden spoons in his backpack while touring the park?
No carrying backpacks into the park. You have to stop and have them searched, which just slows down your park time! Besides, I was worried Disney may have adopted the latest airport TSA policies, and who wants security fondling their, uh, spoons???:rotfl:
hmm running amuk on marvs report.
nice going ladies.
Oh, like they need to be egged on any! :sad2:
Thank you, sir. Payback is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet.
Just remember, you will be doing another PTR and TR soon...... :rolleyes1
He better have them in his back pack , do ya think security might think they are a concealed weopon !! Extra Extra read all about it Depraved Man tries to attack Park goers with a Lethal Spoon !! More news at 11pm!!!
I'm innocent I tell ya, INNOCENT!!! :guilty:
Oh yes Paybacks are pure heaven!!!!
And I'm already planning some of my very own!!!! :laughing:
1. Does Marv really need more than one to make the "I'm completely insane" statement.
Hey, what is THAT supposed to mean??? :confused:
2. Every time he eats; but it will be especially bad after Flame Tree.
Luckily, no trees were flamed or harmed in any manner during the execution of this trip. :rolleyes1
:hippie:AMUCK! AMUCK! AMUCK! I love running Amuck! :crazy:
Who woulda guessed??? :rotfl2:
He'll pick on Rosie first, cuz She Started it!
Not to mention she INVITES it!!! :lmao:
I think they will arrive at the right resort, after putting it in their GPS and being directed in to the wrong parking lot 3 times before they stop listening to the "Garmin Lady" I have no idea why this scenario comes to mind - it has never happened to us :rolleyes1
Okay, we HAVE to hear this story!!!!
I think they will definitely make MK - Running in Slow Mo ala National Lampoon's Vacation - waving the spoons, which are not in his backpack, in case he needs to stop and do a quick demo for inquiring minds.
That image is too funny! But just an FYI, there is nothing wrong with helping out with a demo amongst consenting adults..... ;)

So when is this TR going to start????:confused3:confused3

:surfweb::surfweb: popcorn::popcorn:: :surfweb::surfweb:

(sorry Marv, I just had to see how that felt considering people do it to me ALL THE TIME!) :lmao::lmao::lmao:

It doesn't matter who is first.....as long as you end up getting some Marv love by the end!!! (no spoon pun intended)
It is all about focus!!! If you focus on where you are going, you don't have to worry about getting lost. Always focus, focus, focus!!!!

(Now what were we talking about again??? Oh yes, cameras...)
Or maybe even all of the above??? Inquiring minds want to know......:confused3
No carrying backpacks into the park. You have to stop and have them searched, which just slows down your park time! Besides, I was worried Disney may have adopted the latest airport TSA policies, and who wants security fondling their, uh, spoons???:rotfl:
Oh, like they need to be egged on any! :sad2:
Just remember, you will be doing another PTR and TR soon...... :rolleyes1
I'm innocent I tell ya, INNOCENT!!! :guilty:
And I'm already planning some of my very own!!!! :laughing:
Hey, what is THAT supposed to mean??? :confused:
Luckily, no trees were flamed or harmed in any manner during the execution of this trip. :rolleyes1
Who woulda guessed??? :rotfl2:
Not to mention she INVITES it!!! :lmao:
Okay, we HAVE to hear this story!!!!
That image is too funny! But just an FYI, there is nothing wrong with helping out with a demo amongst consenting adults..... ;)

On our last trip we got in at 10pm or so - had a little trouble at the car rental window because we hadn't actvitated Jim's Visa. By the time we were on the road it was 11:15 - So we're a little rattled, we had a new Garmin so we decided to use that to find SSR. Everything was fine until we were at the last light. The Garmin lady said, "turn right!" So Jim turned right into another resort parking lot. :confused: So somehow he came out on the other side, went the wrong direction, turned around at the request of the GL. Somehow we ended up back in the parking lot again!:eek: Okay, Listen to ME!!! When she says "turn right" it is to give you time to know you're going to turn - GO DOWN THAT STREET!" We make it to SSR, and drove past it, because Jim was sure we shouldn't turn in to that golf course!:rotfl2: Ummm, this is a GOLF resort. We finally made it after much grumblling on Grumpy's part. He should learn to listen to the DISer, not the GL!

(sorry Marv, I just had to see how that felt considering people do it to me ALL THE TIME!) :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Feeling a little pressure are you?

Yeah Marv....we want to know!!!

mob-smiley.gif

I wonder how it looks if you multiply them?

mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif

Pretty good!

WOW!!!:scared1::scared1:

Marv, I really like KatMark's SPOONful idea, but would change it a bit to something like:

A SPOONful of Disney makes the Christmas crowds go down...

Yeah, Marv, when is it going to start? You could at least give us the opening WITHOUT photos or something.

WOW!!!:scared1::scared1:

Marv, I really like KatMark's SPOONful idea, but would change it a bit to something like:

Flossbolna, I like your title too! :)

Marv knows the reason for mine. We hated the WCC for our dinner and figured you needed something to wash it down with. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I am begining to think he did forget his LapTop!!!Or he may not be able to TOP our wittiness !!
Hey, if I had been on the computer so much, I wouldn't have had time to run around looking for all those poles to dance with!!! ;)
Keep 'em coming remember he had me spitting out the fire in Catastrophy Canyon!!!!
You're lucky I only had you "spitting!" Just wait until your NEXT trip!!! :woohoo:
Okay I'll play 3 questions:
1. Will they really eat lunch at Cosmic Rays?
2. Will Marv join the alien floor show for a jam session?
3. Who will win the Hobby Horse race at WCC? (Of course they'll get in, he will play a spoon concert for then and they will be so impressed with his talent, they will give him the VIP treatment!):thumbsup2
Oh I got the treatment alright!!! Or was that the business??? :confused3

Join the alien floor show, huh? Wish I had seen this post while I was still there! :idea:
1. This is a tough call... on the hand, Marv's digestive tract (and his family) will need a break from places like Flame Tree, and get some plain roasted chicken in. But on the other hand, the effects might have proven so odious, that even Sunny Eclipse might ask that he find an alternative dining establishment.
He did keep looking at me funny...... :lmao:
2. Do rattlesnakes make good bed partners?
We'll have to ask your DH........ (rimshot)
3. His wife. Marv will be too busy selling his autographs to make money to bribe security to let him back in after getting thrown out for sticking his hand in the water in Small World.
It wasn't my hand. They were afraid the spoon might be contaminated! :sad2: Don't think it had anything to do with where I carried it though......:eek:
I think instead of throwing him out, they would tie him to a boat and make him go through IASW over and over until he is singing along so loudly he is scaring small children. That'll teach him!
:scared1:
I am so glad that the weather is finally getting warmer for you! Lots of pictures sounds great and I hope you will enjoy the rest of your trip!!
Thanks! The weather cooperated MOST of the time...... :thumbsup2
Gee Marv you had to find the ONE andf Only English person that doesn't know me !!!!:lmao:I am sure he thinks the escapades ypu describe must be the influence of living in America !!Cuz us English have such stiff upper lips and are sooooo proper !!!
Uh......okayyyyyyy :confused:
Did you give all my info to The Hot Italian ... ya know I will be there in August!!!:rotfl2:
I told him ALLLLL about you! He was speechless!!! :eek: Not sure if he was so amazed such a woman existed, or he just wasn't speaking the same language as me??? :rolleyes:
If you see Chet tell him not to be a CHEEKY Monkey!!!:rotfl2: and when you leave him say " Ta Ta for now "!!!!!:lmao:
Saw Chet the day we checked out, but you will just have to wait until the TR to see if he had an appropriate response for you........ :rotfl2:
Thanks for checking in Marv. Glad no one at security was distracted by your lovely feet and told you they were pretty or cute.
What gave you THAT idea??? :confused3
And DANG, this thread just reminded me that I just left my toothbrush in Hemet, on my uncle's bathroom counter. Poop!
Always happy to provide a timely Public Service Announcement.... :thumbsup2
At least it was the toothbrush and not the poop. :rotfl2:
:lmao:
Well, actually....

Hey, if I had been on the computer so much, I wouldn't have had time to run around looking for all those poles to dance with!!! ;)Did you find any for me ?? Did you try them out ??
You're lucky I only had you "spitting!" Just wait until your NEXT trip!!! :woohoo:

I can't wait !!!:rotfl2:
Oh I got the treatment alright!!! Or was that the business??? :confused3

Either or or both wood be appropriate !!!;)

Join the alien floor show, huh? Wish I had seen this post while I was still there! :idea:Do they have poles there ??
He did keep looking at me funny...... :lmao:
We'll have to ask your DH........ (rimshot)It wasn't my hand. They were afraid the spoon might be contaminated! :sad2: Don't think it had anything to do with where I carried it though......:eek:
Thanks! The weather cooperated MOST of the time...... :thumbsup2
Uh......okayyyyyyy :confused:Marv don't you know ALL English people are VERY proper !!:rolleyes1:rotfl2:
I told him ALLLLL about you! He was speechless!!! :eek: Not sure if he was so amazed such a woman existed, or he just wasn't speaking the same language as me??? :rolleyes:

I am sure he was amazed by my charmimg character !!!:rolleyes1

Saw Chet the day we checked out, but you will just have to wait until the TR to see if he had an appropriate response for you........ :rotfl2:
I can't wait for the Chet Chat!!!:laughing:
What gave you THAT idea??? :confused3
Always happy to provide a timely Public Service Announcement.... :thumbsup2
:lmao:
So did you forget yours !!????

I casn't wait for this TR to begin !!! I am hoping Marv has not caused a public warning to BAN me from the parks !!:laughing:

Glad to hear the weather is cooperating for you down there.:thumbsup2 enjoy your last full day....hope you are able to catch a lot of the storytellers in epcot!
The decorations were still up on our final day, but sadly the Storytellers were already gone.:sad1: Didn't get to hear all of them, but we did catch some really good ones! :thumbsup2
Last DAY!?? How fast that sure went! Personally, I'm glad you saved the best for last!
It was a really good last day, at least for those of us who got to stay and enjoy it........:rolleyes1
Last day? Quick! We need some more AMUCK here while we can! :hourglass
Your amucking around time is now over! You should have taken better advantage while you had the chance young lady! :teeth:
Have a great time Marv - don't worry about your thread, Rosie is taking good care of it!
Thanks!......I think......:confused:
Wood you believe it I started my Sweet Sixteen PTR!!!!!!Shameless plug !!!
You've been hanging around Glenn too much! I would do the same thing on your thread when I start my TR, but I'm not sure that would gain me any readership...... :sad2:

So, Sweet 16 huh??? Not for a long, long time!!! :rotfl:
I hope you're having a great last day & Happy New Year!
Thanks Amy! It was! :banana:
Yes, they make it to LeCellier and he better be having that Chocolate on Chocolate Whiskey cake for me!!!
Rut Roh........ I can honestly say there was Chocolate Whiskey Cake on the table and I got a picture. :bitelip:
What????? How the heck did that happen? Where did the time go? I can't believe the trip is ending already. I am so glad the weather is cooperating for you guys. Have fun and enjoy your favorite dinner place tonight.
Was it truly my favorite??? :scratchin We had no idea since it was our first time.......:confused3

Happy New Year Marv.

Travel safe and we will be waiting for the TR to start.
Thanks Pat! There will be a couple of pics in the TR in your "honor" so stay tuned...... Hope it is worth the wait....... :rolleyes1
1. No, I'm afraid Marv will mistake his wooden spoon for the Kimunicator and not get very far.
So THAT'S why the boys always finished the mission and I never could..... :sad2:
2. Yes!! because Marv will figure out that although his wooden spoon does not make a very good Kimunicator, it does make a VERY good "paddle" to get one's family to Le Cellier.
So much good advice from all of you! I really wish I had read it all sooner!!!
Good One, KatMark! and Liesa!
Oh sure, just :stir:
Of course he will save Kim - He would be too competitive not to. He even climbed up the Eiffel tower because he misunderstood one of the clues, at which point the lightening started and he has a new perm.
What do you take me for, an idiot??? I figured it out waaaayyyy before I reached the top!!! :)
I LOVE this.
Oh thanks. No.....really!!! :rolleyes:
That's me even at my OLD age I am LIGHTENIN fast Ooops but I am not at the Top of the Eiffel Tower!!
Well it IS a little taller than a piglet!!! :laughing:
Yup so we can get picked on again!! Marv we missed you!!
Thanks Rosie!! And you KNOW I would never pick on YOU...!!!:hug: :lmao:
Me too !!I wonder How many Wooden Spoons we will see !!!
Hope you aren't hanging your whole TR enjoyment on that one......
Welcome back!! How scary that you saw those accidents!

Take your time settling back into your home - and don't listen to all of those who will start asking when you are going to start your TR!! We all will wait so patiently for it!!! popcorn::
I'm guessing this ruling is WELL within your jurisdiction, so any upcoming appeals will be thrown out!!!!:thumbsup2

Welcome back! I was well behaved and did not run amuck over here, I left that to Rosie. :angel:
Oh please! I've seen the pictures on your other threads so I know you are Trouble with a capital "T!" Not to mention that little "very honest" family analysis provided by one of the Brothers Grimm!!! Now I would believe it if you were talking about Beth.......

......or maybe not!!! :rotfl2:
Welcome back! I missed you!!!! Can't wait to see the pics and hear about the trip. Notice...I have a ticker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I noticed!!! :woohoo:
Oh Heavens. Let me guess on I-95. Either in Jacksonville or near the SC/GA line. :scared1:
Glad you are safe. Get settled, we have been pretty comfy over here already. :surfweb: popcorn::
Some more than others..... :sad2:
Come on Kathy let's give Marv some TR Titles !!!!!!

1.Wooden ya know a Spoon Playing Week of Holiday Festivities !!

2.To Spoon or not to Spoon that is the question!! Holiday Spoons around the World !!!
I was right! When you don't offer $5 you can bank on getting exactly what you pay for!!!:lmao:
Don't believe her Marv she was cheering me on from across the border !!!! Remember she has 2 brothers who are FAR from innocent !!!
NOOOOOO! Really???
I don't know if I can top your excellent suggestions, Rosie.

But here's my offer: A SPOONful of Sugar Helps the WCC food go down
Since you think Rosie makes excellent suggestions, I now understand your judgment of WCC!!! ;)
Yes, Lessa is an :littleangel:
And so is Rosie, right??? :rolleyes1
Welcome back Marv!
Thanks Captain!!! :goodvibes
I like that !!! Or it could be a Fantasy title such as MR StraightLaced Spoon innocently and correctly tour Disney!!!
Well, at least this one catches my true essence!:)
Kathy and I are waiting !!!:surfweb:
Sorry, all appeals will be thrown out by the most beautiful and Honorable Judge who handed down the initial ruling!!! :worship:

Oh please! I've seen the pictures on your other threads so I know you are Trouble with a capital "T!" Not to mention that little "very honest" family analysis provided by one of the Brothers Grimm!!! Now I would believe it if you were talking about Beth.......

......or maybe not!!! :rotfl2:

:lmao: So when are you getting that TR started? We are getting impatient! :rolleyes1

Awwww... you poor thing. You seemed genuinely offended at my spooner-isms. Glad to have you back, and that one of those wrecks wasn't you. Hope those folks are ok.

As for titles:

A Scintillating Spoonerific Marvalicious Trip!

The Vacation that Spooned out A Christmas Load of Fun

Lame I know, but I had to get in on the fun at least a little!

Kathy and I are waiting !!!:surfweb:
So when is this TR going to start????:confused3

:surfweb: popcorn:: :surfweb:
Yeah Marv....we want to know!!!

mob-smiley.gif
Yeah, Marv, when is it going to start? You could at least give us the opening WITHOUT photos or something.

So when are you getting that TR started? We are getting impatient!
Please see judgement passed by Legal Counsel above!!!
Welcome back!!!!
Thanks! Almost good to be back. Ready for more snow this weekend?
I received a great pin code via email yesterday for travel at the end of 2011. We are trying to decide between the following dates: Nov 26 - Dec. 3, or Dec. 10 - Dec. 17. The week in between is not included in the offer.

Which week will be the best? We plan to stay at Wilderness Lodge and don't want to miss the Christmas decorations and events (Candlelight Processional and Storytellers in EPCOT, gingerbread houses in resorts, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, etc.).

Thank you for your help!

Scott
First of all, :welcome: Scott! Good to have you on board with us! Just ignore the insanity around here. It is really hard to control some of these people! :)

Best I can tell most of the special Christmas events begin right after Thanksgiving and run at least until December 30th, so either date should probably work! All other things being even my personal choice would be the 12/10-17 week just to be on the safe side.

You may want to check when they are taping for the Christmas parade that shows on TV since the crowds are heavier then, but I'm guessing that is the week they won't let you use the Pin code since they already are packed.
On our last trip we got in at 10pm or so - had a little trouble at the car rental window because we hadn't actvitated Jim's Visa. By the time we were on the road it was 11:15 - So we're a little rattled, we had a new Garmin so we decided to use that to find SSR. Everything was fine until we were at the last light. The Garmin lady said, "turn right!" So Jim turned right into another resort parking lot. :confused: So somehow he came out on the other side, went the wrong direction, turned around at the request of the GL. Somehow we ended up back in the parking lot again! Okay, Listen to ME!!! When she says "turn right" it is to give you time to know you're going to turn - GO DOWN THAT STREET!" We make it to SSR, and drove past it, because Jim was sure we shouldn't turn in to that golf course! Ummm, this is a GOLF resort. We finally made it after much grumblling on Grumpy's part. He should learn to listen to the DISer, not the GL!
You would think he would learn to listen by now!!! That story is just too funny! Reminds me of trying to get my DS21 to follow directions.
I love that smilie!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness I haven't encountered that mob on my TR!!!!!
Yeah, me too!
I wonder how it looks if you multiply them?

mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif
mob-smiley.gif

Pretty good!
Uh Oh! Spoke too soon!
WOW!!!:scared1:

A good one since the crowds definitely dropped off as we moved from Friday to Monday!
Flossbolna, I like your title too!

Marv knows the reason for mine. We hated the WCC for our dinner and figured you needed something to wash it down with. :lmao:
You should have been there with me. We had a great time!
I casn't wait for this TR to begin !!! I am hoping Marv has not caused a public warning to BAN me from the parks !!:laughing:
No worries Rosie......as long as you don't show up with Kathy..........or Lessa and Beth!!!
how about a title short and sweet

"Marvs Nuff Said"
Oh good, now I don't have to do a TR at all! I've already said enough! :rotfl2:
Awwww... you poor thing. You seemed genuinely offended at my spooner-isms. Glad to have you back, and that one of those wrecks wasn't you. Hope those folks are ok.

As for titles:

A Scintillating Spoonerific Marvalicious Trip!

The Vacation that Spooned out A Christmas Load of Fun

Lame I know, but I had to get in on the fun at least a little!
Oh Liesa, you know you can't offend me! Well, not easily anyway. ;)

Marvalicious! I like the sound of that one. But Spooning Out a Christmas Load of Fun has definite promise! :goodvibes

I think you are all caught up and I am too so .....:surfweb:

J/k

I think you are all caught up and I am too so .....:surfweb:

J/k

Well, not totally...

He still hasn't chimed in my little social mishap yet. And I know that that's something RIGHT up his alley.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter